Will the official mod API mean more compatibility for BTW?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ivyn

Will the official mod API mean more compatibility for BTW?

Post by ivyn »

This is something that I have been wondering for a while. How will the introduction of an official mod API affect better than wolves in terms of compatibility?

Please discuss.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Will the official mod API mean more compatibility for BT

Post by Sarudak »

I think there's two answers to this question.

1. Yes of course it will that's the nature of having an API.
and
2. How much really depends on the nature of the API which we know nothing about.

I don't really see what more there is to say on the matter until some details are revealed.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

+ 1 Sarudak

That is not a question that is answerable now ivyn as there is not much information on the official API. Ultimately we will find out once FC is able to release BTW after the API is released.
I will speculate that it will not, mainly due to the fact that that it would be unlikely that their first release of this feature will be flawless and diverse enough to accommodate all the requirements of the entire modding community.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*nod* As said above, the short answers to your question are:
1. We hope so.
2. Probably, and
3. We don't know yet.

We'll get back to it once Mojang gives us more concrete information on the API beyond "its coming".
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
ivyn

Post by ivyn »

Since the bukkit team is working on minecraft right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they used a similar system. That being said, they might also make hooks similar to modloader and the forge to give the modders as much power as possible with little to no modding of the base classes.

I have high hopes for the mod API as it is being developed by a team who has already written the most commonly used multiplayer plugin system. Ergo, they know their shit when it comes to this stuff.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

Didn't Jeb and if i am not mistaken some guys of bukkit say that they think BTW is a really cool mod? I would be surprised if they didn't add in all hooks that are used in BTW atm if that is their opinion.

I know i will start playing minecraft again once the mod api is released. I just hope the api definatly means we can have MP without Flower having to put in extra effort for it. Compatibility would just be a bonus because i won't play alone on my server and my friends probably want other mods as well.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Thieme wrote:Didn't Jeb and if i am not mistaken some guys of bukkit say that they think BTW is a really cool mod?
Yeh but you're taking it out of context. It's only been mentioned once by each and they've endorsed other mods as well.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Until the Gimp suit I thought that it could be totally implemented into Vanilla Minecraft.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Foxley46

Post by Foxley46 »

Honestly I doubt, I mean, do you think FC stopped using Forge because of problems while coding or because he is a childish prick, not willing to share a credit, therefore wanting you to bound with his majesty?
Seriously FC think about it, I liked your mod while it was compatibile with other mods.
You got yourself a site and you are acting like a fuhrer around here, threatening and banning anyone you don't like.
Look at other modders like Eloraam-She completely reshaped how redstone works, even modded wires worked with machinery from other mods.
Look at MightyPork- his mod facilitates fully automated production and yet it's simple as f**k.
Look at DJoslin- He completely reshaped how water physics worked in minecraft

You should stop banning people for not liking you or your mod.
Ever heard of constructive criticism?
You should work on yourself and yes I know that internet is full of asspies and retards but seriously try not being one of them.

Banning me means you will never grow up.
Banning me and saying it's because I swore means you are unwilling to face the truth.
And feel free to add your antithesis if you have one.

P.S. Did you know that your fanbase is entirely made out of kids, however you're not lonely in this situation.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Please don't troll & necro.
DumbassTurtle

Post by DumbassTurtle »

Foxley46 wrote:Honestly I doubt, I mean, do you think FC stopped using Forge because of problems while coding or because he is a childish prick, not willing to share a credit, therefore wanting you to bound with his majesty?
Seriously FC think about it, I liked your mod while it was compatibile with other mods.
You got yourself a site and you are acting like a fuhrer around here, threatening and banning anyone you don't like.
Look at other modders like Eloraam-She completely reshaped how redstone works, even modded wires worked with machinery from other mods.
Look at MightyPork- his mod facilitates fully automated production and yet it's simple as f**k.
Look at DJoslin- He completely reshaped how water physics worked in minecraft

You should stop banning people for not liking you or your mod.
Ever heard of constructive criticism?
You should work on yourself and yes I know that internet is full of asspies and retards but seriously try not being one of them.

Banning me means you will never grow up.
Banning me and saying it's because I swore means you are unwilling to face the truth.
And feel free to add your antithesis if you have one.

P.S. Did you know that your fanbase is entirely made out of kids, however you're not lonely in this situation.

"Ever heard of constructive criticism?" Yes and you are doing it wrong, here let me show you.

You will not be banned for swearing or not liking the BTW mod. You will be banned for breaking rules #1, 2 & 3. If you had bothered to read the rules before posting you'd know this. You can find them here -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20

#1 Stupidity: Because you have a rambling not well thought out whiny rant. "share a credit" & "wanting you to bound with his majesty" what the fuck does any of that mean.
#2 Trolling: Name calling and trying to start a fight. " he is a childish prick", "acting like a fuhrer" (dude it's a mod not genocide of innocent people - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law), "full of asspies and retards but seriously try not being one of them" & "you will never grow up".
#3 Pissing Off: Opinions on what mods are better then others is just that an opinion, good for you, you like RP and some other mods, congratulations! But nobody here asked and no one really cares. It's not hard to understand that going into a strangers house and shitting on their carpet will not endear you to them.

So here is my advice to your post: Get over it and learn to deal with things not going your way, it helps in being seen as an adult.

Note: Try this link the next time you'd like to visit. http://www.wikihow.com/Win-Informal-Arg ... nd-Debates
Eh something, something...
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Locked thread and banned the troll.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks Sarg :)