F*** YEAH! (best vacation ever)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gargantuan_Penguin

F*** YEAH! (best vacation ever)

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

HI! so I am back. and I am doing fantastically.

I am happy for a huge number of reasons. mainly because getting away for awhile worked wonders on my outlook on life. seeing old friends was awesome. and being stuck in a van with your family for 24 hours makes you appreciate the little things in life, like personal space. (I 6 siblings fyi)

also, in case you don't know. the redwood forests on the coast of california are gorgeous. I would post pictures but I don't own a camera.

another awesome thing that happened was that everything I have been stressing about just clicked. I can't really explain it with words. but for the moment life is good and I am content.

~Penguin (I actually saw some penguins in real life and they are fracking adorable)

p.s. what did I miss?
And HOW!
redrew89

Re: F*** YEAH!

Post by redrew89 »

Glad to see you gained some perspective on things.
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:and being stuck in a van with your family for 24 hours makes you appreciate the little things in life, like personal space. (I 6 siblings fyi)

I feel your pain. I'm 3rd of 6, and the three younger than me are teenage triplets. Life is crazy.
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:another awesome thing that happened was that everything I have been stressing about just clicked. I can't really explain it with words. but for the moment life is good and I am content.
Been there, man. I've been through some rough spots, where I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep it together. (Some moments more recent than I care to admit.) As long as you can find a reason to keep moving forward, you will see that life has a lot of good things to offer.
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:p.s. what did I miss?
Cliff-notes:

- Drunken moderator shenanigans (!)
- Morv started her own LP (!!)
- BTB has been updated for 1.2.5 (!!!)

You know, the usual.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Gargantuan_Penguin

Re: F*** YEAH! (best vacation ever)

I am the third child as well though none of my younger siblings are teenagers yet. (thank God)

-Drunken mods are best mods.

-Must watch

-I have another jar to update then let the fun commence again
And HOW!
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Glad you had a good time away. The Redwoods are one of my favourite places on earth and one of my best days ever occurred there.

I was on a motorcycle ride with a bunch of friends and I got sick in NoCal, spent 17 hours in a hotel room puking my guts out. The next day I needed to catch up to them we planned to meet in Ashland, Oregon. I packed, dressed, found Gov't Mule's The Deepest End on my iPod, put on my helmet and headed north.

The ride through the Redwoods was incredible. Just those enormous trees and me on my bike with Warren Haynes singing in my ears. It is a day I will never ever forget.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I need to get my ass over the Mississippi before I die. I'd love to see some new territory.
Gargantuan_Penguin

redrew89 wrote:I need to get my ass over the Mississippi before I die. I'd love to see some new territory.
as do I, though going the opposite direction. I have never been farther east than Denver Colorado. I am going to visit the east coast at least once.
And HOW!
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Well, if you ever find yourself in Central Pennsylvania, get a hold of me. Wait, scratch that, there's nothing in Central PA worth seeing. (Unless your into geology. There are some pretty neat natural caves around here.)
Spoiler
Show
Another Fun Fact(TM): Pennsylvania has more acres of State and National Parks than any other state in the US.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

I'm glad you're back, Gargantuan_Penguin. It sounds like you found what you wanted, more or less - you definitely seem more at peace with yourself than you did before you left.
You missed a lot of fun ;).

Ahh you guys are making me want to visit America! (Well, I need to at some point, I have people all over that I'm meant to visit at some point). However, lack of funds means that this won't be any time soon ...

That being said, the UK has some lovely sights itself :).
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?