Syruse Reviews: Another (now viewing)!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Caboose

Re: Syruse Reviews: Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 (don

Post by Caboose »

I pretty much completely agree with your reviews on 1.11 and 2.22. They're masterpieces through and through, taking an already excellent series and improving every aspect of it.

I seriously cannot wait for 3.33.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I will deffinatly be checking out the Rebuilds then, also the first SDF Macross is 36 episodes, just a few more than Eva, and the other "seasons" are almost alternate universe types. And yea....I ended up downloading Digimon from bakabt and got 10 episodes in before just going out and buying it.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Caboose wrote:I pretty much completely agree with your reviews on 1.11 and 2.22. They're masterpieces through and through, taking an already excellent series and improving every aspect of it.

I seriously cannot wait for 3.33.
Comes out this Fall, oh boy its gonna be great. :D
DreamsofFury wrote:I will deffinatly be checking out the Rebuilds then, also the first SDF Macross is 36 episodes, just a few more than Eva, and the other "seasons" are almost alternate universe types. And yea....I ended up downloading Digimon from bakabt and got 10 episodes in before just going out and buying it.
Thanks for clearing that up then. I saw the Wikipedia article on it, they listed like 20 different things.

Also: I just finished Volume 2/3 for the 'all-ages' version of RE-Take, I can't begin to describe how amazing it is. Click here to go to the TV Tropes page about it, they have a download link for the all-ages version. Go get it and read it now, you will not regret it, its just mind-blowing.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Syruse

Re: Syruse Reviews: Evangelion RE-Take(WIP)!

Post by Syruse »

Quick heads up, I have just finished reading RE-Take of Evangelion, I will be posting my review in the 'anime' section within an hour. I'll edit this post when its up.

The review for RE-Take is up, please read and discuss.

On another note I have also edited the OP to include Manga review guidelines, they are tied in with the anime guidelines. And I have renamed the 'Anime' section to 'Anime & Manga.'
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
Panda

Re: Syruse Reviews: Evangelion RE-Take(Finished)!

Post by Panda »

Honestually one of the best doujins of eva i ever read that didnt end up with shinji getting humped lol
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Panda wrote:Honestually one of the best doujins of eva i ever read that didnt end up with shinji getting humped lol
Or someone getting raped ;_;

RE-Take was probably the best manga I've ever read. It really does do a truly fantastic job at continuing the story of Evangelion, and offering an explanation to what happened at the End of Evangelion.

Also, this review marks the end of my Evangelion rampage :D
The next review I will be doing will be for an anime called Another. Barring any technical difficulties I should be able to begin viewing it sometime over the weekend.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Syruse wrote:
Panda wrote:Honestually one of the best doujins of eva i ever read that didnt end up with shinji getting humped lol
Or someone getting raped ;_;

RE-Take was probably the best manga I've ever read. It really does do a truly fantastic job at continuing the story of Evangelion, and offering an explanation to what happened at the End of Evangelion.

Also, this review marks the end of my Evangelion rampage :D
The next review I will be doing will be for an anime called Another. Barring any technical difficulties I should be able to begin viewing it sometime over the weekend.
ide recomend it to you but it never made it over to the states, it roughly translates to 'explanation of evangelion animation' by gainax. it explained everything it was at least an inch thick of explaining everything. : ) i can tie loose ends if you have questions.
like for instance eva 1 is the only eva made from Lilith, all others were made from adams pieces and dna, the reason early lilith is split from the waist down is because eva 1 was split from lilith and created, as well as rei. which is why rei unit 1 and lilith were all needed for instrumtality along with adam. rei unit 1 and lilith needed to be complete (together) in order for instrumtality to work.
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Panda wrote: ide recomend it to you but it never made it over to the states, it roughly translates to 'explanation of evangelion animation' by gainax. it explained everything it was at least an inch thick of explaining everything. : ) i can tie loose ends if you have questions.
like for instance eva 1 is the only eva made from Lilith, all others were made from adams pieces and dna, the reason early lilith is split from the waist down is because eva 1 was split from lilith and created, as well as rei. which is why rei unit 1 and lilith were all needed for instrumtality along with adam. rei unit 1 and lilith needed to be complete (together) in order for instrumtality to work.
Ok, well that clears things up with instrumentality. :)
But I don't know, some things are best left unanswered to be interpreted by the viewer (I believe Anno said this himself). I think I'll take his word for now, but if anything really starts to bother me I'll come running. ;)
We do have 2 more movies to go after all.
Syruse

Re: Syruse Reviews: The Walking Dead: The Game (WIP)!

Post by Syruse »

And now for my first video game review! The Walking Dead: The Game! Yay!

It will be posted within the hour.
harryht

Post by harryht »

heyy, im wondering if you take suggestions and if so can i suggest Death note.
i have watched it but I would like to hear other peoples opinions. and its a good way to show others what its like
01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00111111 00100000 00111010 01001100
Spoiler
Show
its a secret :L
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

The Walking Dead: The Game review is up please read and discuss!
harryht wrote:heyy, im wondering if you take suggestions and if so can i suggest Death note.
i have watched it but I would like to hear other peoples opinions. and its a good way to show others what its like
I watched a few episodes of Death Note a long time ago, I never saw the entire series so I should get to watching it. I just have to clear out my backlog of other suggestions first. ;)
SgtChuckle

Re: Syruse Reviews: The Walking Dead: The Game (done)!

Post by SgtChuckle »

I totally agree with your score for The Walking Dead. One of the best moments in the game was the opening sequence of the game when
Spoiler
Show
the walker comes out into the road and the cop hits it with his car, driving you into a ditch. I was getting jumpy the whole time that sequence played out and emergency vehicles raced by (part of it is that I live in Atlanta so "A4's on I-285! Requesting backup, Hartsfield crew!" was more than meaningless police babble.) Then, I saw the zombie as a tiny speck on the horizon and started wondering if it was another car or . Then, right when it got close enough to confirm it was a walker, the cop turned around and I actually shouted IRL at him to turn around, Dora style. Then all hell broke loose.
Definitely what I expected from a Telltale game. Nothing crazy in the gameplay department, but the interactions between you and other characters are amazing.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Syruse

Re: Syruse Reviews: The Walking Dead: The Game (done)!

Post by Syruse »

SgtChuckle wrote:I totally agree with your score for The Walking Dead. One of the best moments in the game was the opening sequence of the game when
Spoiler
Show
the walker comes out into the road and the cop hits it with his car, driving you into a ditch. I was getting jumpy the whole time that sequence played out and emergency vehicles raced by (part of it is that I live in Atlanta so "A4's on I-285! Requesting backup, Hartsfield crew!" was more than meaningless police babble.) Then, I saw the zombie as a tiny speck on the horizon and started wondering if it was another car or . Then, right when it got close enough to confirm it was a walker, the cop turned around and I actually shouted IRL at him to turn around, Dora style. Then all hell broke loose.
Definitely what I expected from a Telltale game. Nothing crazy in the gameplay department, but the interactions between you and other characters are amazing.
Lol Yeah! Their were a few moments where I was screaming at the game (more at its characters) and at the fact:
Spoiler
Show
Lee has to be the clumsiest person on the Earth. Seriously the man slips or trips on something or nothing like 50 times in just Episode one. It really got me on edge when he fell running to Clementine in the drug store, when she was being attacked by a walker.
Also:
Spoiler
Show
Choosing who to save in the drug store was a massive difficulty for me, I liked both of the characters. It came down to 'Who would be a larger benefit to the group; an man with high intelligence and a deep knowledge of technology, but has no other real skills, and can be a hero at times, or a woman who knows nothing of technology (she can't even figure out how to work batteries) but is an amazing shot with the pistol she has but is also more likely to save her own ass rather than someone else.' I chose the lady (I can't remember her name at the moment :/) but I have a feeling her selfishness is going to come back and bit me in the ass, only time will tell.
Syruse

Re: Syruse Reviews: Another (now viewing)!

Post by Syruse »

Yay! I finally got off of my ass and got a new anime!
I'm currently in progress of watching Another, I'm on episode 3 of 12.

Another (Wikipedia article) is a horror themed anime (based on the Novel of the same name).

So far, I'm really liking it. The work does a good job of keeping a creepy quality and a level of uncertainty. Though it isn't scary (yet?), more of a mystery than anything, at least so far. Not many things are spelled out, and adds a level of suspense and anticipation for the next episode.

The full review will be coming in a few days when I get the chance to view the remainder of the episodes. However, as of right now, I can recommend watching this one.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I'm not a huge Anime fan, but I do like a few that I have seen, here are 2 that I recommend :)

1: Black Lagoon Rather interesting Anime, it's not afraid to do things most shows would avoid.
2: Naoki Urasawa's Monster: Really well done thriller/mystery keeps you guessing throughout the entire series :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

kregoth wrote:I'm not a huge Anime fan, but I do like a few that I have seen, here are 2 that I recommend :)

1: Black Lagoon Rather interesting Anime, it's not afraid to do things most shows would avoid.
2: Naoki Urasawa's Monster: Really well done thriller/mystery keeps you guessing throughout the entire series :)
I've actually heard of both of those but I've never seen them. Added to 'The List' :D