Post your "WTF happened here?" pictures!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RaustBlackDragon

Post your "WTF happened here?" pictures!

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

You must've experienced this. You've been walking along, and all of a sudden you discover that something's happened to one of your setups, and at least for a moment, you're at a total loss for what the story is.

This is the state I discovered my automated chicken farm in when I visited it just now. I'm guessing the hopper caught fire due to the incinerator hibachi below. But before I connected the dots, I was like... WTF!?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Norren

Re: Post your "WTF happened here?" pictures!

Post by Norren »

Hmm... I just had an epic one that involved boiling concentrated hellfire, a 3x3 square of burning netherrack, cobble slabs, and a burnt down wooden building.

There isn't much left to screenshot, but I was at an utter loss for how the fire spread before I realized it had leapt up through the transparent bricks.

I wish I'd screenshotted the top floor before I patched the leak. watching all the water from my grindstone setup pour all over the place was amazing.
Catox

Post by Catox »

I may have something close to what happened to you :

My little house of do-it-all went boom when I mistakenly put hellfire dust in a stoked fired stewing pot.
"WTF" was indeed my first reaction seeing this :
Spoiler
Show
PhongGamer

Post by PhongGamer »

@Raust - Looks to me like a chicken revolt that came to an unfortunate end for them.

I had one a while back, but it wasn't all that severe. I'd set up an automated wheat-to-donut facility and then went about doing other things. A few hours later I came back to find the basement, where the donuts were being cooked, was flooded with water that submerged a good half of the room, and there was wheat and seeds floating all over the surface. Somehow one of the hoppers had gone missing. I never could determine what happened, so I wound up blaming an enderman for the mess and the soggy donuts.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

this movie came to mind. that is if it had an unhappy ending for the chickens :)
And HOW!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Catox wrote:I may have something close to what happened to you :

My little house of do-it-all went boom when I mistakenly put hellfire dust in a stoked fired stewing pot.
Spoiler
Show
Same to me, luckily I had made a backup just before my "WTF was that?!" so I made a backup of the backup and reproduced it in a vid. LOL, I remember jumping 50 feet in the when I heard that boom!

http://youtu.be/O5FtjpdpkqY
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Rawny wrote:
Catox wrote:I may have something close to what happened to you :

Spoiler
Show
Same to me, luckily I had made a backup just before my "WTF was that?!" so I made a backup of the backup and reproduced it in a vid. LOL, I remember jumping 50 feet in the when I heard that boom!

http://youtu.be/O5FtjpdpkqY
Nice video Rawny!

Though I'm of the opinion that backups should only be used to restore should your world become corrupt. You should just live with the consequences of your actions within your world.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

You're Right I did continue on from the backup however I stopped playing that world shortly thereafter, I get really turned off from a world if I "cheat" the system. My motivation dwindles and I lose interest.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Recently, during my dismantlement of a nether fortress, I ended up falling. A fall which most certainly should have killed me but somehow didn't. Not great for pictures but here.
Spoiler
Show
I fell from up there
And here's me looking down once I got back up.
Spoiler
Show
Needless to say this was a very nice wtf
Retama

Post by Retama »

HighMongrel wrote:Recently, during my dismantlement of a nether fortress, I ended up falling. A fall which most certainly should have killed me but somehow didn't. Not great for pictures but here.
Spoiler
Show
I fell from up there
Spoiler
Show
I'm not sure I understand what's odd about this one.
fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

Retama wrote:
HighMongrel wrote:Recently, during my dismantlement of a nether fortress, I ended up falling. A fall which most certainly should have killed me but somehow didn't. Not great for pictures but here.
Spoiler
Show
I fell from up there
Spoiler
Show
I'm not sure I understand what's odd about this one.
That's a huge drop, and if he wasn't wearing armor with feather falling, he should have died.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

Well, it looks like he was wearing armor... at least he was when he got back up.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
Norren

Post by Norren »

*puts on robe and necromancer hat*

This one caught me totally off guard tonight. Tame in comparison to most disasters, but these guys suddenly appeared on my head as I was excavating at bedrock for diamonds and redstone:
Spoiler
Show
I ran upstairs only to find a testificate had gotten into my base, navigated to the poop room, jumped in the moat, swam across the moat, and pushed all the dogs off the platform, where they had teleported to me at bedrock one by one. I put him to the sword. :(
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Heh, I constantly had flaming dogs teleported to me in my mine, and was like "dafuq."

I later realized that there were getting hit by lightning. Wow.

This has happened 4 times already. (The dung farm wolves are in a dark room, but the others are scattered around my little island)
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

This topic is waaay too good to let die, besides, surely people must have a bunch of new WTF moments with the latest release.

Since I had a small scale egg->tallow farm, I decided to modify it so it would spit out adult chickens for slaughter instead, and it seemed like a very manageble task at the time. I quickly got it working, even added a hopper for collecting the few dragon orbs it produced, but since then I have noticed an increasing amount of lag around my base, along with waaay more chicken noises than the ones I used for laying eggs could possibly produce. So I decide to take it all apart and figure out what the problem was - The image kinda speaks for itself:
Spoiler
Show
The redstone torch beneath my dispenser is apparantly a viable spawn spot for hatching chickens, so after a few hours of playing, there must have been hundreds of chickens in that one spot. The image was taken some time before the torrent of chickens was over... So I guess I need to rewire my redstone...