Forestry's Anti-Technic Pack move

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Poppycocks

Re: Forestry's Anti-Technic Pack move

Post by Poppycocks »

Kingfisher wrote:You people may not respect my opinion, but you might just respect my willingness to take a stand for what I think is right.
Neah, your self-righteousness is based on misinformation. It's like a witch hunt really. The fact that you're willing to fight for something doesn't mean it's right, it just means that you feel strongly for it.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Who said I said you didn't respect my opinion.
I feel like ABSOLUTE SCUM.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Poppycocks wrote: Neah, your self-righteousness is based on misinformation. It's like a witch hunt really. The fact that you're willing to fight for something doesn't mean it's right, it just means that you feel strongly for it.
I think what he meant by standing up for what he believes, he meant staying neutral in the whole thing and having nobody fight
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

I an trying to be Switzerland. By that I mean neutral.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Kingfisher wrote:I an trying to be Switzerland. By that I mean neutral.
Er... now I'm confused. Haha
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

BinoAl wrote:I think what he meant by standing up for what he believes, he meant staying neutral in the whole thing and having nobody fight
Meh, applies anyway, I calls 'em as i sees 'em. And I see a fanboy.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Ugh. All I know is that I've barely put any work into my add-on hour-for-hour, but I would be absolutely pissed if someone decided to put it into a mod pack without my permission. And if they asked, and I said no, if they then got upset I would be furious. It's a mod authors right to decide at the very least how the mod is distributed. These packs draw attention away from the mods being distributed. Instead of thanking the mod authors, you find yourself thanking the technic people, or whatever other mod pack persons in question.

I can say that I didn't really have an opinion on mod packs until I delved into modding myself. But now I can see where someone would be upset, myself included.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Sure, I may be a fan. So what? Doesn't mean I can't be mature and see both sides. Now, let us stop. I know I started this, but I want to end this. No flame war thanks.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Kingfisher wrote:Sure, I may be a fan. So what? Doesn't mean I can't be mature and see both sides.
You're being overly defensive here, man... For the most part, we are trying to be nice, but you keep acting as if your being victimized
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Kingfisher, there's no point. We don't need a neutral party. If you want to be a neutral party, that's fine, but we have no reason to bend over just to help you do that. Seeing both sides doesn't necessarily make you mature.

I don't respect your opinion just because it's an opinion. As the saying goes, if you are willing to tolerate all ideas, you need to tolerate the idea that I am unwilling to tolerate certain ideas.

Also, take the time to proofread your posts. You are coming across like a 14 year old who just discovered the internet. And if that's what you are, you need to doubly take the time to mull your posts over, to compensate.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

TheAnarchitect wrote:-snip-
Couldn't put it better, even if I tried.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Kingfisher, there's no point. We don't need a neutral party. If you want to be a neutral party, that's fine, but we have no reason to bend over just to help you do that. Seeing both sides doesn't necessarily make you mature.

I don't respect your opinion just because it's an opinion. As the saying goes, if you are willing to tolerate all ideas, you need to tolerate the idea that I am unwilling to tolerate certain ideas.

Also, take the time to proofread your posts. You are coming across like a 14 year old who just discovered the internet. And if that's what you are, you need to doubly take the time to mull your posts over, to compensate.
<3

Hey, Sargunster, where's that damn +1 button? :)
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

First, I'm 13. Second, I could take that as an insult. But I won't. Third, you may not want a neutral, but I do.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Is attempting to alienate me achieving anything? I am not referring to the later part of your post, the rest of it is constructive critisicsm.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Kingfisher wrote:Is attempting to alienate me achieving anything?
Is acting like the victim here really achieving anything? You've been beating the same idea into the ground and trying to "act mature".

Anyway, you'll probably end up banned soon enough. I don't really see any point for us to keep posting in response to him, guys
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Banned for what? I'm perfectly within my grounds to post here. No slander, racism sexism or trolling.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

I for one am starting to question my viewpoints because of Kingfisher's excellent posts.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Kingfisher wrote:No slander, racism sexism or trolling.
Starting to suspect otherwise. Plus, I'm sure you would piss off FC, and that's rule number 1
ilovekintoki wrote:I for one am starting to question my viewpoints because of Kingfisher's excellent posts.
Lmao. Seriously sarg, I need the damn +1 button
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

BinoAl wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:No slander, racism sexism or trolling.
Starting to suspect otherwise. Plus, I'm sure you would piss off FC, and that's rule number
Actually it's rule 3#.

Forum rules.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Alright then, what do you want from me?
And please no sarcasm.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Stormweaver wrote:
Actually it's rule 3#.

Forum rules.
Aha, my bad. Still, he's breaking rules 1, probably 2, and certainly 3 if FC was present :)
Kingfisher wrote:Alright then, what do you want from me?
And please no sarcasm.
We want you to quit beating the same point into the ground, and have a logical conversation without acting as if we are victimizing you
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Fine, but still, we should stop this MASSIVE DERAILMENT. I feel sorry for wasting your time. Let's get back on track.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Kingfisher wrote:Alright then, what do you want from me?
And please no sarcasm.
That's the point. We're more trying to figure out what exactly you want from us? If it's agreement on that people on both sides need to chill, then I'm pretty sure you're preaching to the choir. If it's someone who can act as our 'mediator' on the technic forums, then let me assure you that we're quite capable of discussing it ourselves on there. What exactly brought you here? What were you trying to accomplish?
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Alright, if you have anymore questions for me, take em' to #antitechnic. Otherwise, i am going to stop posting here.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Kingfisher wrote:Fine, but still, we should stop this MASSIVE DERAILMENT.
Massive derailment is a prerequisite on the off-topic subforum ^.^
Kingfisher wrote:Let's get back on track.
The issue is, I'm not sure what track we were even supposed to be on. Graphite words the problem best, I'd respond to his question to give a clear idea of what you want