BTW and Magic Launcher

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
ATexanPlaysGames

BTW and Magic Launcher

Post by ATexanPlaysGames »

So I have struggled for a little while trying to get BTW working with Magic Launcher (I use ML to manage different versions for various mods and different servers I log into that haven't updated. It makes things extremely convenient!).

Well long story short, can't get it working with Magic Launcher.

I HAVE gotten BTW working with MCPatcher, and launching Minecraft directly, and it works great.

However, in Magic Launcher, it always reports an issue with the block ID's:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 209 is already occupied by FCBlockSoulforgedSteel@77b5c22f when adding FCBlockSoulforgedSteel@3ddfd90f

BTW, I should mention that at this point, I'm -only- using Magic Launcher to select Minecraft.jar, there are NO mods or external mods displayed or selected. It's literally just picking minecraft.jar and that's it. (Yes I have tried to create a 'BTW.zip' to include it as any other mod, but that didn't work so I abandoned that idea).

Any thoughts? I do enjoy being able to use MagicLauncher to maintain different minecraft.jar files at different versions, and I wouldn't think it's doing something so weird that BTW wouldn't work in it.

Thanks in advance!
rhacer

Re: BTW and Magic Launcher

Post by rhacer »

I believe you need to create a new zip file for BTW that ONLY contains the content of the MINECRAFT-JAR folder but has that content in the root of the zip, not a sub-folder.

So instead of:

Code: Select all

BTW.zip\
     MINECRAFT-JAR\
        foo.class
        bar.class
        baz.class
You would have:

Code: Select all

BTW.zip\
    foo.class
    bar.class
    baz.class
I haven't tried it yet, but I think that's the way it's supposed to work.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Yeah, just move all of the contents from the JAR directory into the main zip and delete the rest.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
ATexanPlaysGames

Post by ATexanPlaysGames »

Okay. I can give that a try too. But shouldn't simply selecting the already-modded minecraft.jar work? Without having to make a BTW.zip at all? I guess that's what I'm really asking.
crunchytheory

Post by crunchytheory »

I just tried it now, and the order in which you add mods via MagicLauncher does matter. I tried adding ModLoader after already having Optifine added, and then adding BTW, and got errors.

I finally got an 'OK' from all three by removing all, then adding them in this sequence: ModLoader, BTW, Optifine.

Note: I tried what the others said, and created a new zip archive out of all the contents in the MINECRAFT-JAR folder and added that via MagicLauncher.

I'm brand new to BTW, so I can't say it's 100% working, but the game started up just fine and I was able to craft the earliest items exclusive to BTW, but am having trouble finding hemp seeds. Not sure yet if this is a technical problem with the installation or I'm just not playing the mod right.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

crunchytheory wrote:I just tried it now, and the order in which you add mods via MagicLauncher does matter. I tried adding ModLoader after already having Optifine added, and then adding BTW, and got errors.

I finally got an 'OK' from all three by removing all, then adding them in this sequence: ModLoader, BTW, Optifine.

Note: I tried what the others said, and created a new zip archive out of all the contents in the MINECRAFT-JAR folder and added that via MagicLauncher.

I'm brand new to BTW, so I can't say it's 100% working, but the game started up just fine and I was able to craft the earliest items exclusive to BTW, but am having trouble finding hemp seeds. Not sure yet if this is a technical problem with the installation or I'm just not playing the mod right.
hemp seeds are pretty rare, and they can be found by punching tall grass or hoe grass blocks.

also, climibing rope doesnt with optifine installed.