Usernames?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Yamboyz1

Usernames?

Post by Yamboyz1 »

This is kind of just a random question, but I was wondering... How did you all pick your usernames for Minecraft and/or this forum?

For me, I kind of stole it from my friend, actually... His username was always "Yamboyz" and I had a different username that I would use. However, for both YouTube and this forum, when I made my account, my usual username "Beebou" was already taken. (Even though I thought it was an uncommon name as it was... :P) So, I decided to just use "Yamboyz" for some reason of which I can't remember. But, I didn't necessarily want to steal my friend's username, so I just used "Yamboyz1"

That's my username story, what's yours?
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Deepsniper

Re: Usernames?

Post by Deepsniper »

Deepsniper is what I've been using for years now... Started off when I started playing video games when I was 12 and had just gotten my PADI certification. I love scuba diving and well I always played as a sniper in games so i put two things together and now I got Deepsniper :) Not a very thrilling story but hey its been 9 years now since I got this username and i rarely see it actually used.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

my minecraft name is "sshadowmasterr" shadowmaster was my usual online name from back when I was a bit more goth. I chose gargantuan penguin for this forum becasue that is my mcf name and I chose that because I tried about 50 different names and they were all taken.
And HOW!
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

Swordsman Kevin Andellmere was a very minor(He said maybe three lines) character in a book series I was reading. I love medieval weaponry but have always been most comfortable carrying a sword. Ergo, Andellmere was born.
...Even if I haven't found but three people who can pronounce it properly without being told.

@Deepsniper: I never would have guessed. Thought the 'Deep' was for 'Deep behind enemy lines'.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Bino Al
<-------->
AlBino

:)
It's been my username for everything since middle school, it's almost never taken. Although, some guy already has the name on youtube. *grumblegrumble*
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Mine came from a random name generator. I basically randomized until I saw one that would fit with the character I was making, and stuck with it since.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

There was a pencil on my table... 'nuff said :P
Panda

Post by Panda »

Panda is my nickname that alot of friends call me. Probally cause of my japanese ties... boy my friends are 'Lacist' Wwww C:
Never say no to Panda.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Panda wrote:boy my friends are 'Lacist'
I see what you did thele.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Well, my first name is Simon, which is from Simonne, my grandmother. My third name is Gilbert, which is from Gilberte, my other grandmother. In Dutch Gilberreke means "little Gilbert".

I usually go by Gil in communities where that nick isn't taken, but that obviously wasn't an option for Minecraft :)

As for pronunciation:

Gil - pronounce like Jill, not like fish gill
Be - pronounce like the "be" in bereft
Re - pronounce like the "be", but with an an "r"
Ke - pronounce like cuss, without the "s" sound
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gilberreke wrote: Gil - pronounce like Jill, not like fish gill
Jillbehriecuh?

I got mine from diablo I. That...is all. No awesome reason, just...yeah.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Panda

Post by Panda »

BinoAl wrote:
Panda wrote:boy my friends are 'Lacist'
I see what you did thele.
; )
Never say no to Panda.
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

Rasuth is the name of a swordsmaster in one of my first (if not the first) fantasy book I read. It's called "Schatten über Fraterna" by Andreas D. Hesse. He wrote many more children / teens fantasy books but isn't stocked very often any more.
I've been using the name for quite a while now for warrior/ paladin type characters in game.
My Minecraft name is actually the same as my RL nickname was throughout school time.

Edit: As this handle is actually German, maybe some pronounciation aid is required ^^

"Ra" should be fairly easy.
"su" voiced, soft "s" and a long "u" sound as in "moo"
"th" not the english lisping th but rather a short stopped "t"
Last edited by Rasuth on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Stormweaver wrote:Jillbehriecuh?
Yeah, that's more or less it. More like Jillbehrehcuh. Remember, the "re" has to sound like the "be", it's all very short and dull sounds
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Gilberreke wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:Jillbehriecuh?
Yeah, that's more or less it. More like Jillbehrehcuh. Remember, the "re" has to sound like the "be", it's all very short and dull sounds
now that I know how to pronounce it, your name is now one of my favorite ones ever. I may name one of my maybe future children after you.
And HOW!
ialdbaoloth

Post by ialdbaoloth »

Every variation of my name that I tried was already taken, so I went with my current reference to Anchorhead. Sorry if it's a bit unpronounceable.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

In high school I was that one that one kid with the full on beard.

I also typically dressed in army surplus camo pants, plain black t-shirts, and black steel-toed boots.

Sooo, given my generally unkempt look, long hair, full beard, camo friggin' everything... I kinda looked like a hobo.

A very mean hobo. But that look was mostly just a front to keep the bullies at bay.

First time I used the name was in Halo 2, but back then it was just Hobohunted. "The" is a somewhat recent addition.

Feels kinda weird thinking back on it.

Also:
Gilberreke wrote: Gil - pronounce like Jill, not like fish gill
You just doubled your awesome.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

This is the first and last username I've ever had for anything on the internet, which explains why it is so stupid (I've had it since I was 12). haha

The only thing I don't use this one for is important and/or private stuff, like bank accounts or what have you. I dunno, it's just so easy to remember at this point that I never felt like changing it.
Ungerbla

Post by Ungerbla »

a friend and i were playing Runescape several years back and i needed a nickname so i just mashed all keys on the keyboard.
Ungerbla is the result
Yea
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Gilberreke wrote:Well, my first name is Simon, which is from Simonne, my grandmother. My third name is Gilbert, which is from Gilberte, my other grandmother. In Dutch Gilberreke means "little Gilbert"
You know, I always assumed you were belgian because of that nick. It really has that Flemish ring to it :P
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I friend of mine, my brother and I were playing football in my garden. As a joke we gave ourselves foreign sounding names. My friends was Schnitzalfinger, my brother's was Finistair and I was Husbag. From there I tried to use Husbag, if it's taken then I just add a 3.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

For well over a decade I have been rhacer (all lower-case please) everywhere. In fact there is very little delineation between that identity and my "real" identity.

Red Hat Certified Engineer.

I was the first in Oregon and one of the first in the country. It's all lower case because I'm a unix geek.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I stole mine off of Red vs Blue.

Recently, I've been changing that over to "Cabooceratops", due to A) Dinosaurs are awesome, and B) it's far more unique.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Caboose wrote:I stole mine off of Red vs Blue.

Recently, I've been changing that over to "Cabooceratops", due to A) Dinosaurs are awesome, and B) it's far more unique.
I thought yours must be a RvB reference. I always love the Rooster Teeth panels at PAX.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Mine is from a bit of a troll thing, a friend of mine who goes by the name Kintoki on the internet was shamelessly promoting Fritz on a chess site and I decided to chime in with this ridiculous name. Many laughs were had and the name has kind of stuck. It's still funny to see the reactions whenever we play a game together.