The Chronicles of Dimensia

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
whynocheese

Re: Pearmadeath Succession Game?

Post by whynocheese »

Im in, that being said put me in the middle or bottom. Which ever is free, I will probably work at resource collecting so put me after or right before a guy who plans to do major building so he has or replenished the resources for the next builds. :)
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I'm having some mod issues, otherwise I'll be good, as long as I get the mods running I'm still in, just get the time set, weather it be ingame time or irl time. Like cheese I will mostly be a recourse collector I guess as anything I build would be take time....unless we go around the circle a few times then I have no problem dumping tons of whatever into the storage and starting something I can always finish later.

Reason I was the times is so I can make sure I make time to do it between all the other crap I'm doing.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Alright, everybody suggest your ideal time limit so I can get an idea of what the general preference is.

As for writing in character, what's the opinion on that?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

2-3 days is my idea time limit. some days I'm not really able to play MC a lot so that might help.

As for in character why not could be interesting.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I suggest a combination of 3 days / 6 MC days(two full hours of play).
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

I like Poppycock's idea, either 3 IRL days or a certain number of MC days, I say 10. Also, about writing in character, I vote no but only because I've tried it before and I'm just sad at it. So you guys can do it, but if it's required to play in the succession game then I'm out. And how about we start finding seeds? If you have a good one, submit it, but remember, no jungles near the spawn as they cause lag for some people.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

I'm not cool with only 6 MC days/2 full hours of play. The only contribution you can have is gathering resources with that time limit. I'd prefer real life time, and if you can sink a lot of time in, cool, but if you can't, no big deal and everyone else can still have fun.
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

I think I'll throw my hat in.

In terms of time I'd say 3 IRL days or 10 in game. Also, I'm all for writing in character. Don't see much of a point if you don't.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I wouldn't mind writing in character.

It seems to be all the rage on the forums nowadays anyway. Might as well jump on the bandwagon before it leaves :P.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

3 days/10 mc days sounds good.

although im not sure about how good ill be about writing in character. ill have a go at it though :)
RaustBlackDragon

Well, there are currently 11 people signed up, counting myself, so at 3 days per turn, a full cycle would take over a month. For Upsilonia, which had a similar number of players, I did 2 days per turn, and it worked out well enough. Does that sound good, or do you not mind a month long cycle (assuming nobody dies)?

What wound up over-complicating things, however, was trying to stick to any fixed turn order. I'm thinking that once somebody ends their turn, somebody who hasn't yet gone that round will volunteer to go next, so there aren't any "you caught me at a bad time" delays.

Any suggestions for the plot? I have some, but I'd like to hear your ideas first :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Also, one more rule: always play offline. I know it means we won't have our custom skins, but that way the pets I train will obey all of us, and not just me.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
harryht

Post by harryht »

i regret to say somthing has come up and i can not join in on this succession game.
i will play another time prehaps
01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00111111 00100000 00111010 01001100
Spoiler
Show
its a secret :L
RaustBlackDragon

harryht wrote:i regret to say somthing has come up and i can not join in on this succession game.
i will play another time prehaps
No worries man, I removed you from the list. Hopefully you can play some other time!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Also, one more rule: always play offline. I know it means we won't have our custom skins, but that way the pets I train will obey all of us, and not just me.
I think this, the jump in whenever, and the 2 day suggestion are all good ideas.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Count me 100% in, I have no issues writing in character as long as I don't get so drunk I forgot what I did in game (happens a lot and funny cause I remember irl perfect) and as long as I have the map for at least 2 days to squeeze it into my schedule once I start I wont stop till I have to hand it over or I hit a preset played time set here.

If you see any buttons or switches, make sure to read the signs I place if I do anything crazy :D
RaustBlackDragon

DreamsofFury wrote:Count me 100% in, I have no issues writing in character as long as I don't get so drunk I forgot what I did in game (happens a lot and funny cause I remember irl perfect) and as long as I have the map for at least 2 days to squeeze it into my schedule once I start I wont stop till I have to hand it over or I hit a preset played time set here.

If you see any buttons or switches, make sure to read the signs I place if I do anything crazy :D
I'll keep that in mind :)

As for the plot, I have a few ideas, does anybody else?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Waking up alone in the woods with the biggest hangover in the world?
RaustBlackDragon

Deepsniper wrote:Waking up alone in the woods with the biggest hangover in the world?
Well, it would also need to explain why 10 people are taking turns occupying an area and can't all be there at once :)

For the Chronicles of Upsilonia, the explanation was that they were a team of mech-piloting soldiers working for the "space military", and working in shifts.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

We could also just be multiple personalities of one drunken fool. That would make things a little interesting.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Multiple dimensions. This world, is an anomly where all dimensions collide and overlap. But each player trapped in his/her own dimension can't actually interact directly with the other players in their own dimensions. We'll say the dimensions collide into this world every two days and anyone in the collosion area at the time is brutally ripped apart.
RaustBlackDragon

Deepsniper wrote:We could also just be multiple personalities of one drunken fool. That would make things a little interesting.
interesting idea, but it wouldn't explain why he can survive death and just lose one of his personalities...
SterlingRed wrote:Multiple dimensions. This world, is an anomly where all dimensions collide and overlap. But each player trapped in his/her own dimension can't actually interact directly with the other players in their own dimensions. We'll say the dimensions collide into this world every two days and anyone in the collosion area at the time is brutally ripped apart.
...NICE!

...All that's left for that is a way by which the characters can be made aware of the fact that these other dimensions exist, and that they're indirectly working with other people for their mutual survival...
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

@RaustBlackDragon

Either build ruins (with indeciferable hieroglyphs on new sandstone textures of course) proir to the start of the rp yourself or as a community, or find a seed with a stronghold near spawn? I'm thinking best explanation would follow a stargate plot point where knowledge of multiple dimensions is always found through ruins or artifacts capable of crossing dimension boundaries.

Or explain it like Fringe and say this minecraft world is slicing into each players own reality and the players are investigating it.
RaustBlackDragon

SterlingRed wrote:@RaustBlackDragon

Either build ruins (with indeciferable hieroglyphs on new sandstone textures of course) proir to the start of the rp yourself or as a community, or find a seed with a stronghold near spawn? I'm thinking best explanation would follow a stargate plot point where knowledge of multiple dimensions is always found through ruins or artifacts capable of crossing dimension boundaries.

Or explain it like Fringe and say this minecraft world is slicing into each players own reality and the players are investigating it.
...I just came up with a way to do it, do you mind if I keep it a surprise until I write my first log when my turn starts?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

@Raust
Use whatever you want man! I'm just throwing out ideas,they're free game for using/modifying. I don't have time to commit to joining the rp, but I'll definetely keep an eye on the topic, it sounds like it will be a good read!