Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Calcifire3691

Re: Morvelaira's News Compilation

Post by Calcifire3691 »

if FC does decide to add bloodwood planks, I'll be thrilled :D
my slaughter/house will look like a murder scene :D
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I'm hoping that this is not the start of Update madness where every week there is a new ver. Bug fixing is a good this don't get me wrong But the mod community has only just recovered from the last Update.

All in all this is what 1.2.3 should have been. But I see no reason to update any time soon.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

yea, they definitely need to go back to doing weekly screen shots... or get the mod api and ID's out... then i spose they can do what they want...
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

So even more wood types to process.... I mean I understand, it makes sense. But inventory management and storage is just going to be that much more of a pain.
Now fc has to decide if we get siding, moulding, and corners for each plank type.

I don't see how the change to slabs to make full slabs was necessary. I'd never had any trouble with it before, now it's going to muck stuff up.

Yay for bug fixes.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

made a thread for Minecraft 1.2.4 Discussion to keep relevant information in.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No infinite texture indexes even? <sigh>
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

FlowerChild wrote:No infinite texture indexes even? <sigh>
On top of that some people are reporting random crashes, their may be a 1.2.5 on the horizon.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

FlowerChild wrote:No infinite texture indexes even? <sigh>
That and the block IDs are a Jeb feature. I doubt the bukkit team is working on those.

I'm baffled that Bukkit had to fix the lightstone bugs or the new release still would have them. Why can't Jeb/Mojang focus on getting rid of all bugs once in a while? It really irks me that the new guys are fixing bugs left and right that have been part of Minecraft for so long. Why didn't Notjeb fix those before?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Gilberreke wrote:I'm baffled that Bukkit had to fix the lightstone bugs or the new release still would have them. Why can't Jeb/Mojang focus on getting rid of all bugs once in a while? It really irks me that the new guys are fixing bugs left and right that have been part of Minecraft for so long. Why didn't Notjeb fix those before?
I'm just happy that the bugs are getting fixed period. Bukkit prolly had nothing else "assigned" to them to pursue until Jeb got back, so they worked on a little of everything, some server bugs, some vMC bugs. Now that Jeb is back, they'll probably (read "hopefully") sit down and start "assigning" specific tasks and since Single Player MC will be mostly destroyed once the server optimizations are in place they were probably just bored. (Bukkit that is). And being the "new kids on the block" so to speak, wanted to show off a bit
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Kain Magin wrote:
Gilberreke wrote:I'm baffled that Bukkit had to fix the lightstone bugs or the new release still would have them. Why can't Jeb/Mojang focus on getting rid of all bugs once in a while? It really irks me that the new guys are fixing bugs left and right that have been part of Minecraft for so long. Why didn't Notjeb fix those before?
I'm just happy that the bugs are getting fixed period. Bukkit prolly had nothing else "assigned" to them to pursue until Jeb got back, so they worked on a little of everything, some server bugs, some vMC bugs. Now that Jeb is back, they'll probably (read "hopefully") sit down and start "assigning" specific tasks and since Single Player MC will be mostly destroyed once the server optimizations are in place they were probably just bored. (Bukkit that is). And being the "new kids on the block" so to speak, wanted to show off a bit
As soon as hmod was abandoned and bukkit was decided upon by a number of developers, just a few builds in they'd fixed a huge number of common minecraft bugs that'd been in the game for months. I don't see this as them showing off, they're just doing what they've always done.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

SterlingRed wrote:As soon as hmod was abandoned and bukkit was decided upon by a number of developers, just a few builds in they'd fixed a huge number of common minecraft bugs that'd been in the game for months. I don't see this as them showing off, they're just doing what they've always done.
This. I agree with this. That's why I'm optimistic. From what I've seen, the Bukkit team has been cleaning up Notjeb's mess up for months now. They're just picking up where they left off.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Gilberreke wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:As soon as hmod was abandoned and bukkit was decided upon by a number of developers, just a few builds in they'd fixed a huge number of common minecraft bugs that'd been in the game for months. I don't see this as them showing off, they're just doing what they've always done.
This. I agree with this. That's why I'm optimistic. From what I've seen, the Bukkit team has been cleaning up Notjeb's mess up for months now. They're just picking up where they left off.
I hope they've got brooms on long sticks and a plenty of plastic bags, 'cause there's a lot of shit to pick up.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

I just wanted to confirm that the Modding API will be for the 1.3 release of Minecraft.
https://twitter.com/#!/Dinnerbone/statu ... 7437368321
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

Syruse wrote:I just wanted to confirm that the Modding API will be for the 1.3 release of Minecraft.
mind is now blown.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Syruse wrote:I just wanted to confirm that the Modding API will be for the 1.3 release of Minecraft.
Sigh. Guess that means that 1.3 won't be for another month (at least), and I'm hosed for getting those extended block IDs before the 10th.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

From what I heard in BebopVox video, I got under the impression that they would only work on the server-side part of the mod API for 1.3 :
http://youtu.be/aTjA8PvnjQE?t=4m5s
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Battosay wrote:From what I heard in BebopVox video, I got under the impression that they would only work on the server-side part of the mod API for 1.3 :
http://youtu.be/aTjA8PvnjQE?t=4m5s
doesn't the API combine the server and client?
or is that a seperate thing?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

[quote="Calcifire3691]doesn't the API combine the server and client?
or is that a seperate thing?[/quote]

They are separate.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I know they've more than doubled their coding manpower recently, but you'd think they'd want to prioritize the bit of work that cuts down future workloads by half...you know, before doing a potentially huge amount of work for the API.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Hmm.

http://i.imgur.com/AuAdk.jpg

Not sure if notch-level foreshadowing or random crap.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
ialdbaoloth

Post by ialdbaoloth »

Where is that from?

Looks like someone was thinking about how to calculate lighting.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Lighting was my first though, too, although the two "sources" (the ones with rays coming from around them) would have to be a redstone torch and moonlight, as those are the only sources that match those outputs.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Source?
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

It's from @Dinnerbone twitter - one of the Bukkit guys who are meeting with Mojang right now to talk API. Can't get the link right now because twitter is being slow and retarded.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

"talk"?

If that isn't leisurely pace, then I don't know what is.