Seed popping out of the planter

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
CheGiuAn

Seed popping out of the planter

Post by CheGiuAn »

If you have two (or more) planters near each other, and you put a wheat seed in one of them, if you put seed to the one next to it, the seed planted before pops out (or the plant simply disappears from the planter).
Also a seed just popped out from a planter when I left it for a second, when I returned the seed item was on top of the planter.
I have 5 planters in a row, wooden plank blocks beneath them (made from vanilla half wooden block), and they're surrounded with fencelike this:
higher level:
FFFFFFF
FPPPPPF
F00000F
lower level:
WWWWWWW
WWWWWWW
WWWWWWW
where:
F is fence
P is Planter
W is wooden block made of half slabs
and 0 is nothing (air)

(idk if the surrounding might have an effect on the situation, I just wrote it so you guys don't have to ask if it's needed to solve it (if it's a bug of course, and not purposive))
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
walker_boh_65

Re: Seed popping out of the planter

Post by walker_boh_65 »

just to make sure, you made sure to fired the planter in the kiln then put it in the crafting table with water and dirt
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

of course I did :)

also

PCP
DCD
PCP

where C is cobblestone, D is dirt, and P is planter, the seeds are popping out / disappearing.
(I have the newest version of the mod)
(I'm useing Risugami's ModLoader, forge, BTW, Spawner Gui, and Xie's Farming mod)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

I'll go on a limb here and say Xie's farming mod probably doesn't like vanilla seeds on Blocks other than hoed dirt.

Could you try the same without the farming mod to confirm it really is a bug with BTW and not a compatability issue.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

hmmm, I can give it a go butttt...... (sorry, I'm yet lvl1 with this kind of stuff)
Is it ok if I jsut copy my minecraft.jar to somewhere, do a clean install with BTW and then overwrite it with my old .jar?
I mean is it safe? I don't wanna lose all the stuff I built (and as I said, I don't really understand these kind of things...)

Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

Oh yeah, more importantly you should copy your saves folder to somewhere else too.
I suggest you get TMI (or any other mod to edit your inventory) to quickly rebuild what you were trying to do. Also starting a new World just for testing stuff like that might be a good idea. ;)
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
- TheAnarchitect
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

first of all, idk what TMI is >.>
also I don't use inv. editor, so by the point I'll get to the planters....
Hope you don't mind, if I do this tomorrow, I messed up the things a bit, and I'm can't concentrate on this stuff.
Tomorrow, hopefully I can give the answer if Xie's mod is causing the problem (I note again, that I was trying to plant wheat (vM item) in a BTW item, not a Xie item in a BTW item)

Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

TMI = TooManyItems, an inventory editor. Just to speed up testing. You don't have to use it in your other worlds.

It is possible that Xie's farming mod is altering the way the vanilla seeds work. That may or may not be the reason why can't grow them in the planter. Another thing to check is if you can grow hemp in a planter. As that is a BTW only item no other mods should interfere with it.

@FlowerChild: Sorry if this seems chatty, I just want to help produce meaningful bug reports.
- TheAnarchitect
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

This appears to be an installation-specific issue. Moved to tech-support forum.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

(first of all, sorry for posting it in the wrong topic)

Nah, the problem is definitely with Xie's Farming mod.
With the farming mod installed, the seed will disappear or pop out from the planter after a few sec when it's planted.
However, Hemp remains in the planter.
Without the mod, both hemp and wheat remains in the planter, even if they're near each other.
(can be locked, I think)

EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

I am having this bug too. The mods I'm using are :
BTW 3.56
Modloader 1.2.3
Optifine 1.2.3 HD MT B

The pop off is much less consistent in what I'm experiencing than what CheGiuAn had described. If there is any interest, I could provide a video...
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

EdzyWhat wrote:I am having this bug too. The mods I'm using are :
BTW 3.56
Modloader 1.2.3
Optifine 1.2.3 HD MT B

The pop off is much less consistent in what I'm experiencing than what CheGiuAn had described. If there is any interest, I could provide a video...

I can guarantee you're not having this bug.

Update to the latest version, make sure the space above the wheat is light enough, and there's a chance you may be absent from the forums for a week.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Stormweaver wrote:
EdzyWhat wrote:I am having this bug too. The mods I'm using are :
BTW 3.56
Modloader 1.2.3
Optifine 1.2.3 HD MT B

I can guarantee you're not having this bug.

Update to the latest version, make sure the space above the wheat is light enough, and there's a chance you may be absent from the forums for a week.
Is there a full moon or something? These necros have been crazy recently.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Meh. I get the impression he meant well, and decided to run a search on his problem before posting it. That's more than most people would do, so I don't exactly want to punish him for it, necro or no.

Anyways, being somewhat arbitrary is part of my thing :)
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

Stormweaver wrote:make sure the space above the wheat is light enough
Derp. Apologies for the necro. Solution was acquired after I got a brain transplant yesterday.
That's what you get when you always play on the highest brightness setting and nothing ever appears dark.
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...