Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
SterlingRed

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by SterlingRed »

Can you add me to the whitelist? Player name is same as forum name. I don't know how often I'll be on as I suffer btw withdraw often, but it sounds cool and like a bunch of fun!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

SterlingRed wrote:Can you add me to the whitelist? Player name is same as forum name!
Welcome to Edolas. :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FaceFoiled wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:Can you add me to the whitelist? Player name is same as forum name!
Thanks! I'll probably start with Anarchy, unless I get inspiration for a useless but aesthetic design to build in Edolas.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FF, I'm trying to log in and it just says logging in, then disconnected by server: took too long to log in.
Is this a problem on my side or did you add my name incorrectly or something' same as my forum name, two r's.

EDIT: Am I derping out and it's still 1.1? Or do I have to install any plugins, mods, TP's on my side?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

The server is still set to 1.1, you are updated. :P A few replies back someone posted a link to the 1.1 download though. =)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FaceFoiled wrote:The server is still set to 1.1, you are updated. :P A few replies back someone posted a link to the 1.1 download though. =)
Bollocks. I thought that was this thread -.-'
Btw, your profile pic makes me mad in these moments. don't make fun of me!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

jorgebonafe wrote:Just download the 1.1 jar from here and replace it. Problem solved.
There you go. :)
harryht

Post by harryht »

hello, im wondering if i could join the server, i have not ever griefed stolen or spammed any server and promise to obey all the rules
01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00111111 00100000 00111010 01001100
Spoiler
Show
its a secret :L
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

harryht wrote:hello, im wondering if i could join the server, i have not ever griefed stolen or spammed any server and promise to obey all the rules
Off course, what is your minecraft name for whitelisting?
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

While you're at it, you could whitelist me as well, although I probably won't join before the end of the month for the sake of my productivity. ^^
Ingame: WhispOnRampage

Haven't played much SMP yet, but the thought of an anarchy server with this community is just too fucking amazing to pass upon. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Whisp wrote:While you're at it, you could whitelist me as well, <snipped> I <snipped> is just too fucking amazing to pass upon. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Updated the original post (first post of this thread) to reflect the changes to server being applied tomorrow, dynmap change and some other stuff.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

I have not played SMP for a long time. I think I would like to join in.
Could I please get whitelisted?
IGN: Ethinolicbob
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Ethinolicbob wrote:IGN: Ethinolicbob
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

FaceFoiled wrote:
Ethinolicbob wrote:IGN: Ethinolicbob
Thank you!
Now I have to get another 1.1 install. I had one however I mistook it for my 1.2.3 (no idea how. I clearly labeled it) and threw 1.2.3 mods in the jar.
I'll look back for the post with the 1.1
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

is it just my impression or did the server go poof?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yeah that was me. I tried to do a quick reset of the the_end now that I got home, as I need to head off in a few minutes to lubricate my digestive system with celebratory weekend drinks :P The server did not approve of that. already back up though.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

I think I might take a temporary break from Edolas. I've been itching to get back into BTW for the past few days. Being that 1.2.3 is the most laggy thing in the known universe, especially with a lot of BTW systems going, I may not be gone that long.

Don't let my sheep out ;)
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
M!C

Post by M!C »

Syruse wrote:I think I might take a temporary break from Edolas.
Aww :(
Syruse wrote: Don't Let my sheep out ;)
Will do. :P
harryht

Post by harryht »

sorry i didnt mention ist harryht as my username
01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00111111 00100000 00111010 01001100
Spoiler
Show
its a secret :L
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Hey FF, just wondering if you could add a friend of mine who goes by the name Coolcrab.
M!C

Post by M!C »

As probably most of you know by now, Dark_Tundra and I have been preparing for a rather largish TNT "event" by gathering lots and lots of gunpowder (thanks again for all the donations).
We have reached our goal of 10 stacks (of TNT) today and will start preparing everything immediately.

Now before you get a heart attack already, this will still take some time! When we have decided on a day and time we'll put up an announcement.

Now for the reason I'm posting right now and not on the day of doom:

For the time being any mining activity in my digsite will have to be postponed until after the explosion. So if you are one of those people helping out (thank you again!) or planning to help please find something else to do in the meantime.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Yey! I hope I can be there to watch that
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

I was quite happily afking in Edolas at M!C's project, concentrating on my other screen with references and sources pulled up over my Minecraft on the main screen. After a while I look at Minecraft and the first thing I see is dirt... very confused I see a comment from M!C about dirting me up to protect me... very confused by now I break the top dirt block only to realise I'm now at Dark_Tundra's mob trap collecting gun powder for him once more... Kudo's to him for pushing me from the corner I was in, into his portal, through the nether, through the next portal and then across a 1 wide bridge... Dedication to making me collect gun powder for his TNT display :)

Now then... I'm not moving... so more gunpowder for you M!C.

(P.s. I originally thought that he had set off the TNT and had only used dirt to protect me from flying projectiles of the explosive kind! So readied myself to see destruction all around me ^^)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

The Treasure Hunt Begins!

I created an adventure/puzzle challenge on my base. Everyone can participate, and every winner will win a prize.

Important! Please read the rules and guidelines bellow carefully before you participate.

- IMPORTANT - Don't bring any items you may not want to lose. I guarantee you will die on this challenge, and may loose all you have. You have been warned! You are welcome to bring a chest to store your belongings. You probably should bring a bed as well, and sleep in the base for the duration of the challenge.

- I need to reset the puzzles for every new player. So I devised a little way to know if there is someone already trying the challenge. In the center of my base, on the train station, there is a switch and a redstone torch. If the torch is on, it means the challenge is open and anyone can play.
If the torch is off, please come back later. If the torch is off, it means someone is playing or already finished, and I need to reset the puzzles. So, wait until you see the torch lit again before you can play.

- To start the challenge, switch the lever to turn the torch off.

- After you finish, or give up, let me know via PM here, or in-game, so I can reset the challenge for the next player. You can give up and try again later, but even so please let me know.

- Don't break any blocks.

- You can participate alone or in a group. If you go in a group, the treasure will have to be shared between the members anyway they chose.

- Do not spoil the answers to the puzzles, don't ruin the chance of another player participate.

- The challenge is contained within the confines of my base. The entrance to my base is on x=202, z=1048. Bring a boat, its on a lake :)

- You cannot use any items, unless specified so by the puzzle.

- You should probably start the challenge at night, so you can set the bed properly.

That's it. I hope you all enjoy it, and I'd love to hear some feedback about the challenge.

By the way, my base is currently under construction. That means its ugly and full of dirt and sand everywhere.... pretty much like a real construction site XD But don't worry, the challenge is all done and ready.

I'd like to thank Wgurgh, DarkTundra, Lostone, MiC, Syruse, SpeedKnight, DeepSniper, EvilTwin, TheAbyss, Cows, and everyone else that helped me dig the area for my base and suply me with materials to help me. I built this as a community service as a thanks to them all, I might not have such an awesome place if it wasn't for them. Thanks a lot!
Last edited by jorgebonafe on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.