Upgrade iron tools to steel

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Necropolis

Upgrade iron tools to steel

Post by Necropolis »

Specifically, flint and steel and shears. Make them last longer, and, in the case of shears, harvest wool (and possibly padding) blocks more quickly, being that shears are the most effective tool on those blocks, but still take an inordinate amount of time.
ilovekintoki

Re: Upgrade iron tools to steel

Post by ilovekintoki »

Steel shears have been suggested before:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1094&p=15134&hilit ... ars#p15134
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Shears and I believe the flint and steel can both already be recycled, so you'd just be wanting a slightly faster version of each tool?

As FC said last time; once they're not a severely underused part of the vanilla game, then maybe - but I can't see a need tbh.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I don't know, I'd love Steel shears, as I said before :)
It takes forever to cut the vines with iron shears, and they don't last long.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

How about instead of Steel shears we upgrade to a Machete. Because of the inclusion of rainforests shears do come in handy to cut a path through the dense foliage. Maybe Machete can have additional range and cut multiple leaf blocks at once.

Has anybody considered a sharpening wheel like this ?
I did a search on sharpening wheel here and couldn't find anything.

I've always considered the fact that you can build stone swords and iron swords just a little to quick without taking into consideration molding or sharpening methods. I kinda wish vMC only let us start out with stone and wood spears.
Last edited by Kazuya Mishima on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I agree, Machete is awesome XD
Spoiler
Show
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: I've always considered the fact that you can build stone swords and iron swords just a little to quick without taking into consideration molding or sharpening methods. I kinda wish vMC only let us start out with stone and wood spears.
Sheep: "Who is that nice man coming towards me, maybe he wants to give me a hug?"

"AH! A MACHETE!!!! RUN!!!!!"

A post last night reminded me of my favorite passage from A Hitchhiker's Guide. Expect more first person accounts in the days to come.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

jorgebonafe wrote:I agree, Machete is awesome XD
Yes but if i ask FC to add Jessica Alba to the game he will give me a warning for sure and i want to preserve that for a really stupid suggestion i will eventually make.
FlowerChild wrote:
Sheep: "Who is that nice man coming towards me, maybe he wants to give me a hug?"
Shearing a sheep with a machete, that is a pretty sadistic suggestion.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I would totally support adding Jessica Alba to BTW....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
Shearing a sheep with a machete, that is a pretty sadistic suggestion.
But it would totally justify a sheep exploding into a cloud of 3-6 wool blocks, which would be funny.
Better is the enemy of Good
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FlowerChild wrote: Sheep: "Who is that nice man coming towards me, maybe he wants to give me a hug?"

"AH! A MACHETE!!!! RUN!!!!!"

A post last night reminded me of my favorite passage from A Hitchhiker's Guide. Expect more first person accounts in the days to come.
Out of curiosity, which passage is this? The coming towards me part reminds me of the falling whale =P "round, round round, ground!!! ground!! I wonder if it'll be friendly!!"
( I pretty much know the first 3 or 4 sets off by heart... It's just so funny)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

embirrim wrote: Out of curiosity, which passage is this? The coming towards me part reminds me of the falling whale =P "round, round round, ground!!! ground!! I wonder if it'll be friendly!!"
Yup, it's the whale that comes into existence in orbit when they first trigger the improbability drive. I probably read those books over 20 years ago, but that scene is still vivid in my mind :)
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

FlowerChild wrote:
embirrim wrote: Out of curiosity, which passage is this? The coming towards me part reminds me of the falling whale =P "round, round round, ground!!! ground!! I wonder if it'll be friendly!!"
Yup, it's the whale that comes into existence in orbit when they first trigger the improbability drive. I probably read those books over 20 years ago, but that scene is still vivid in my mind :)
that scene was my favorite, I literally couldn't stop laughing when I first read it. of course it was three in the morning... but point is it was amusing.

also. machetes are the sexiest weapons in existence, bar whips of course ;)
And HOW!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote: that scene was my favorite, I literally couldn't stop laughing when I first read it. of course it was three in the morning... but point is it was amusing.
Yeah, I remember back then I actually passed the books to my mom after I was done reading them. She came home one day and told me everyone had been staring at her on the bus because she had burst into uncontrollable laughter when she read that part.

I think it's a favorite of a lot of folks :)
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

FlowerChild wrote: Yup, it's the whale that comes into existence in orbit when they first trigger the improbability drive. I probably read those books over 20 years ago, but that scene is still vivid in my mind :)
That jogs the memory, it's been ages since i read Douglas Adams. Wasn't there a flower pot involved as well ? I remember how difficult it was to conceptualize a dyson sphere or planetary construction when i read it i was pretty young.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: That jogs the memory, it's been ages since i read Douglas Adams. Wasn't there a flower pot involved as well ? I remember how difficult it was to conceptualize a dyson sphere or planetary construction when i read it i was pretty young.
Yeah, precisely, the flowers were Petunias, and their only thought was "Oh no. Not again."
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FlowerChild wrote:
I thought it was when the legendary planet of magrathean activated its defense systems... the whale appeared along with the bowl of petunias, which is actually explained better later...
I mainly listened to the BBC radio series, they're slightly different, but I read some of the books.

You know you like it when you can recite passages, you know you're addicted when you can recite the credits...
Spoiler
Show
in the last episode of the HGTTG, peter jones was the book, simon jones was arthur dent, and geoffrey mcgivern was ford prefect. Suscan sheridan was trillian, and mark-wing-davey was zaphod beblebrox. etc.
EDIT: infinite improbability drive. A mind blowing yet simple device. Sorry for off-topic.
Last edited by embirrim on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

now I have to go read the books again. all these vague memories are bugging me.
And HOW!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Back to the previous off topic tangent, I think Jessica Alba violates Minecraft's "No curves" aesthetic.

And I don't want to see her rendered blocky.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Back to the previous off topic tangent, I think Jessica Alba violates Minecraft's "No curves" aesthetic.

And I don't want to see her rendered blocky.
I can't decide if I think she should be rendered into Tallow or Glue. She's a little on the thin side.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I'd say Hellfire dust, 'cause she's so hot ... :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:I'd say Hellfire dust, 'cause she's so hot ... :)
You're a slave to pop-culture-media my friend :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

FlowerChild wrote:
Battosay wrote:I'd say Hellfire dust, 'cause she's so hot ... :)
You're a slave to pop-culture-media my friend :)
Nah, people who think Megan Fox is sexy are pop-culutre-media influenced. People who think Jessica Alba is sexy have eyes ;)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote: Nah, people who think Megan Fox is sexy are pop-culutre-media influenced. People who think Jessica Alba is sexy have eyes ;)
Since I don't even know who that is, I guess I'm well insulated from such influences :)

Although, after a quick search on google...I'd say either Tallow or Silicon upon rendering. Probably the latter.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Megan Fox is the girl from Transformers. She also has big toes for thumbs.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her