Un-Stackable Aesthetic Block

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Husbag3

Un-Stackable Aesthetic Block

Post by Husbag3 »

I would like to have a few aesthetic blocks that have a maximum stack of one (maybe wool colors?). This would allow us to effective "save" 16 similar images with a wall of BDs. It could have many further uses for various displays and memories.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Itamarcu

Re: Un-Stackable Aesthetic Block

Post by Itamarcu »

So, you want a block that, when sucked by the BD, will not stack to others of its kind? I think I like it.
But, it REALLY does not need to be a new block - I think a change in the mechanics of the BD would be better for everything.
I actually have an idea to solve it, but it really is FC's decision about implementation:
Spoiler
Show
Whenever the BD suck in a block, he does not stack it with others, unless its inventory is full. This way, RAMs could work with the same block more than once, without spending entire stacks, and BD signs/movies/walls/whatever would be able to work 32 times more efficiently (instead of a stack and a block there would be just two blocks which don't stack).
Would it destroy existing contraptions? I think not.

The only scenario I can think about is a hopper feeding blocks into a BD - but that seems easily solvable.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

the 16 wool colours were added for exactly this reason.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Stormweaver wrote:the 16 wool colours were added for exactly this reason.
But say if you wanted to have 16 images "saved" on your screen of BDs but some of the pixels have the same color twice. They would stack with each other and break the rest of the images. I like itamarcu's idea and I don't think it would break any current systems but then again I have not had time to think about it.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Husbag3 wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:the 16 wool colours were added for exactly this reason.
But say if you wanted to have 16 images "saved" on your screen of BDs but some of the pixels have the same color twice. They would stack with each other and break the rest of the images. I like itamarcu's idea and I don't think it would break any current systems but then again I have not had time to think about it.
Use full stacks? Seems simple enough to me.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sky_Som wrote: Use full stacks? Seems simple enough to me.
Bang on my man.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Ok, solution found, we can lock the thread now.