How possible is it to start BTW on an old world?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SgtChuckle

How possible is it to start BTW on an old world?

Post by SgtChuckle »

My question is pretty simple. If I had a world I had played vMC for a while now, is it possible to start the BTW tech-tree and go all the way to the end, or would there be some things I would be unable to do because the mod wasn't installed when I generated the world? I haven't seen anything I couldn't do, but I just wanted to make sure before I convert my vMC save I've had for a long time into a BTW save, put another 12 hours into it, and then realize I can't do something because I started the world with vMC. Note: the world was generated in 1.0.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Camerinthus

Re: How possible is it to start BTW on an old world?

Post by Camerinthus »

FC has said he doesn't want to alter the world gen, so there's nothing like that. It's perfectly fine to install on an old world. (I did) Just find some hemp seeds and plant 'em.
IGN: Camerinthus
Panda

Post by Panda »

btw yes 100% i gotta 1.2 world and im waiting for btw 1.2. however btb is a no it generates oil
Never say no to Panda.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

darkpollopesca wrote:btw yes 100% i gotta 1.2 world and im waiting for btw 1.2. however btb is a no it generates oil
You don't need oil strictly speaking though; it's just convenient. Plus, it'll still generate in new chunks without creating any errors in the terrain, so even that'd be fine.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

But doesn't it create massive holes in the ground?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

massive holes DEEP in the ground. mostly only a "spout" of oil above ground. tho sometimes you can find a small pool of oil above ground
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Works perfectly fine, I installed BTW into my 1.7 original world in version 1.0 after being in it for 6 months.
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Yay for FC's design philosophy then, gonna start up on my "Cake Survival" world tonight...
Note: My Cake Survival world is a personal challenge I made up where tried to fill as much of a chunk with cake as possible. So far I have 4 1/2 16x16 floors covered with cake, I hope to automate the process with BTW :D
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.