If I made an IRC channel, would people use it?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SgtChuckle

If I made an IRC channel, would people use it?

Post by SgtChuckle »

Pretty obvious question, just read the title, if I set up an IRC channel on esper.net or something, would it sit abandoned and sad or would it get traffic? Or is there already a BTW IRC chat?
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
PatrickSJ

Re: If I made an IRC channel, would people use it?

Post by PatrickSJ »

irc.esper.net #btw exists. It is quiet / empty when I periodicaly drop by.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Yep, it already exists, but if you have any ideas on how to lure some people into it, I'd be all ears.

We do occasionally use it. We used it to watch the official release stream with FlowerChild and a few people for example.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

This is interesting news to me.

I'll come if you guys want me.

Will also idle to keep the count up.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Advertising it would help. This is the first I heard of it but I'll be making a point to stop in now.
Better is the enemy of Good
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

I visited once but when I was the only one there, I wasn't sure I was in the right place and never did try again later. There's no reason to lurk in an empty channel. I'd gladly add it to the channels I'm always in if it could have some periodic activity.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

In my opinion, best way to get the IRC going would be to organise times for people just to be on; come up with some flaky excuse like it'll be a Q&A session with the turtles or something, get people online, and then just have a bunch of us stick around for no reason. Then, as we know people are there, we could divert tech support and similar to the channel, and eventually get a more solid presence going - An applet somewhere would make this easier.

We just havn't really had a need for anything like IRC so far.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.