1.7.x Update Status (That-which-must-not-be-named)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
finite8

1.7.x Update Status (That-which-must-not-be-named)

Post by finite8 »

If you are looking to nag the Forums, Threads or anything regarding an update to the latest MC version, I quote this response from FlowerChild:
[***** THE OFFICIAL WORD ON THE 1.7 UPDATE ****]

I will say the following once and once only. In order for the mod to be updated to 1.7.2., MCP (the Minecraft Coding Package) needs to first be updated. I use this tool to create the mod, and it is produced by another team.

Until that happens, it is entirely out of my hands, and I can not even begin to work on a version that is compatible with 1.7.2.

Thus, asking me for an ETA is entirely pointless as I personally don't know when MCP will be updated (and asking them is a bannable offense in their IRC channel). It could be a few hours, or it could be a week. I just don't know, and most mod creators are in the exact same boat (so you can stop bugging them too).

SAYING *ANYTHING* ABOUT THE 1.7 UPDATE IN THIS THREAD WILL GET YOU PERMANENTLY IGNORED. I don't care how you phrase it, if you even say "1.7" or allude to the update in any way, I will never see another thing you post.

[********************]
AKA: It will come when it comes. Don't ask.

If you are Wondering what MCP is, you can check it out here: http://mcp.ocean-labs.de/index.php/MCP_Releases

MCP is the "Minecraft Coders Pack", a wonderful tool put together that allows Modders to (reasonably) easily decompile and deobfusicate the Minecraft.jar file and get to the code.

There is also another Mod called ModLoader that provides a set of interfaces and other code to allow a modder to "Standardize" the way they write their mods to improve their ability to work with other mods rather than conflicting with and overwriting parts of them.

"Better Than Wolves" uses both of these and would require both to be updated to the Voldemort Update (1.7.x) before Flowerchild can even begin work updating his Mod.

Stickied and Locked. Thanks for posting this man. Good idea. -Flower
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing