A high efficiency saw recipe for fences/ladders

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Mattaccount

A high efficiency saw recipe for fences/ladders

Post by Mattaccount »

I would like to see a fence/ladder recipe that uses mod items, similar to the sign and the stairs.
Williamson

Re: A high efficiency saw recipe for fences/ladders

Post by Williamson »

To be honest, I'm pretty sure these are already in... Try playing around with mouldings, maybe?
I'm not sure of the exact recipes though.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I know that the fence is three molding in a line, I do not know one for ladders off the top of my head. If there is not already a wiki page for other recipes, there should be.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

There is no recipe for ladders, only for fences.
Although I think a recipe for STICKS would still help...maybe a moulding can be converted to a stick?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Urian

Post by Urian »

Not certain if it's still in but I think when the saw was first introduced you could saw corners into sticks.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
M!C

Post by M!C »

Urian wrote:Not certain if it's still in but I think when the saw was first introduced you could saw corners into sticks.
I'm pretty sure sawing corners gives you gears.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Indeed, right you are. Is my memory entirely failing me or was there a time when it could saw corners into sticks (the ability to turn corners into gears was added after the corners were added but I'm not certain)?

Edit: Ah hah! I knew I wasn't entirely wrong, when the saw was first introduced you could turn omnislabs into sticks :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote: Edit: Ah hah! I knew I wasn't entirely wrong, when the saw was first introduced you could turn omnislabs into sticks :)
Hehe...you're seriously old school man. You can't expect these young whipper-snappers to remember those days :)
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:
Urian wrote: Edit: Ah hah! I knew I wasn't entirely wrong, when the saw was first introduced you could turn omnislabs into sticks :)
Hehe...you're seriously old school man. You can't expect these young whipper-snappers to remember those days :)
True ... I doubt that I was even playing vMC at the time let alone BTW.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mattaccount wrote:I would like to see a fence/ladder recipe that uses mod items, similar to the sign and the stairs.
The fence recipe is already in the mod (three moulding in a horizontal line), and I just added a ladder recipe for next release due to your request.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

FlowerChild wrote:
Mattaccount wrote:I would like to see a fence/ladder recipe that uses mod items, similar to the sign and the stairs.
The fence recipe is already in the mod (three moulding in a horizontal line), and I just added a fence recipe for next release due to your request.
*Ponders on FC's statement*

Do you mean to say you're adding a ladder recipe? Just want to get what you're saying clear, you know.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Since we're on the topic of new efficiency recipe, I'd love to use mouldings or panels to make Bookshelves ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Since we're on the topic of new efficiency recipe, I'd love to use mouldings or panels to make Bookshelves ;)
Sure :)
Beebou

Post by Beebou »

It's really useful turning wood into gears because usually you need 2 pieces of wooden planks to make 2 gears, but with a saw, you can make 32 gears with 2 pieces of wooden planks :P
Say meh to that
MEH!
ye-eah, ye-eah, ye-eah
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Beebou wrote:It's really useful turning wood into gears because usually you need 2 pieces of wooden planks to make 2 gears, but with a saw, you can make 32 gears with 2 pieces of wooden planks :P
3 wooden planks.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Battosay wrote:Since we're on the topic of new efficiency recipe, I'd love to use mouldings or panels to make Bookshelves ;)
Sure :)
After I created my "study", of course:-)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Well, while we're on the topic of efficient recipes; any chance of one for the repeater, using stone siding?

Those things need so much stone -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
echo off

Post by echo off »

my searches regarding High Efficiency Recipes showed this to be the most relevant, non-derailed/locked thread regarding them. i was wondering about torches, and why there isn't a HER for them. is this intentional, or just an oversight? i suppose that along with torches, redstone torches could also be considered for a HER. and also, wooden floor plates :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

echo off wrote:my searches regarding High Efficiency Recipes showed this to be the most relevant, non-derailed/locked thread regarding them. i was wondering about torches, and why there isn't a HER for them. is this intentional, or just an oversight? i suppose that along with torches, redstone torches could also be considered for a HER. and also, wooden floor plates :)
Don't necro.

Anyways, there is a high-efficiency recipe for torches; nethercoal. In terms of wood via charcoal, normal torches are 18 sticks for 8 torches, and now they're only 10 sticks with a single unit of hellfire dust for 8. That's a saving of half a log every 4 torches.

In the future, if it's something that hasn't been directly suggested, make a new topic. It's easier for everyone else than reading through most of a thread just to find out you last read it 2-3 months ago.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

echo off wrote:my searches regarding High Efficiency Recipes showed this to be the most relevant, non-derailed/locked thread regarding them. i was wondering about torches, and why there isn't a HER for them. is this intentional, or just an oversight? i suppose that along with torches, redstone torches could also be considered for a HER. and also, wooden floor plates :)
That's the 2nd time you've necroed in the past couple of days, and you were warned the first time.

Temp ban.