Eureka!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Urian

Re: Eureka!

Post by Urian »

grimper12341 wrote:Is this one last game of screwing with our minds using edited footage and a fictional technical explanation before releasing something totally different to the lens? x.X
Yes. Yes it is. I predict a vertical platform system :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

it was the lens " twitch..twitch......twitch"
someone pinch me I fell I'm in the wrong parallel universe.

" punched by FC" I said pinch not punch.

As always a cool feature and thank you for all the effort it took to finalize it while pushing through the pain of dental surgery.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

The lens has finally arrived. This will be fun. Nice work FC.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

FlowerChild wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:So was the thirsty dog song hint in the first verse? Wire and trenches?
No, every musical hint up to the last was just me fucking with you guys and pulling out random shit that I happen to like :)
...facedesk.

This is plainly awesome, Flowerchild! Oh, but why did you tell us? now I won't be able to sleep for a week...
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

brb getting some tissues
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:Help grow hemp... maybe not.

Set up light perimeter in underground base to torch enemies... maybe.
Plus, if you're still having trouble growing Hemp by the time you hit the New Age in the tech tree...well, I just don't know what to say :)
Just covering the bases on the uses the light has and how much it can be made to replicate sunlight. Setting things on fire sounds fun.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I'm loving how this comes around the same time you're planning integration with the BC 3.x versions. The connections you can make between this and the lasers in buildcraft is great, and it's the perfect addition to ensure smooth progression in the whole tech tree.

Very excited about this, well done!
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Darn, why does such stuff always happen when I'm on a vacation?
Well still got a week of free time left. I haz a happy
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Battosay wrote:Same here.
When I saw a block, with a diamond side, and you fliping that lever, I instantly knew : OMFG ! This bastard made it !

I hear ya batto, I had the same reactions... FC you amaze us once again. Why do I have to study this weekend...
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:Lol! I was beginning to wonder why nobody was recognizing a feature I've been talking about for close to a year ;)
Mainly because, from my observation, the lens conversation usually goes like this:
everybody wrote:Could this thing be the lenz?
FlowerChild wrote:lol no. Troll, troll. No, really, it's this this new awesomeness!
everybody wrote:zomg! New awesomeness! <3 FC
Not that there's anything wrong with that conversation! Just sorts of make me wary of guessing lens until confirmed ;) speaking of which, though....

*chases tail in circles* *squees*
Thank you, FC, you sexy, intelligent hunk of programmer you!
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
origsgtpepper

Post by origsgtpepper »

My brain is exploding with all the possibilities.

Least of all is now I can get rid of that redstone torch ladder for my elevator.
My first world is from the free to play weekend on sept 18 2010 and I still play it everyday.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I have a question, I vaguely remeber fc say it could, but will the lens be able to detect sunlight?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

origsgtpepper wrote:My brain is exploding with all the possibilities.

Least of all is now I can get rid of that redstone torch ladder for my elevator.
Why use a torch ladder instead of a piston pushing sand/gravel up for a BD to see?
Gdnite wrote:I have a question, I vaguely remeber fc say it could, but will the lens be able to detect sunlight?
I think he said a multi-block solution involving a lens and a DB could detect sunlight.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
origsgtpepper

Post by origsgtpepper »

@Katallian: Because the elevator goes from the top of a mountain down to level 11 and pistons can only push 16 blocks if I remember correctly.
My first world is from the free to play weekend on sept 18 2010 and I still play it everyday.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

origsgtpepper wrote:@Katallian: Because the elevator goes from the top of a mountain down to level 11 and pistons can only push 16 blocks if I remember correctly.
12, and doesn't that just mean you need 9 pistons? 1.5 seconds is a lot faster than almost 6...not that that matters anymore.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Well, just arrived at home. Already saw the lens video over my lunch-break on my mobile.

First things first if I may.
Frigging yeah

Now, there were some people who, for varying reasons, guessed right. Even before the
video.

Now then
* bow's in utter joy, awe and respect *
Thank you flowerchild

and one more thing
Well played man, well played.
My Youtube channel.

Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Realized I forgot to thank you FC, for the amazing work you've done for us !
So... thank you !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Awesome stuff, cant wait to play with that :)

And how amazingly appropriate was that lighting strike?!

Gave me visions of "Mad scientist" FC shouting: "IT'S ALIVE!"
Panda

Post by Panda »

Where does this fall into, age of basic light mastery? age of basic lazer mastery?

TELL ME FLOWERCHILD, panda must know
Never say no to Panda.
Runesmith

Post by Runesmith »

When I found the Lasermod by w3(r4ft a while back and watched the videos showing how it worked, I thought to myself,

"Hey, this guy made a creative method of redstone signal transmission with light beams, and lenses have been a mentioned potential BTW feature for some time. I bet Flowerchild has that feature already underway."

What a coincidence that my guess proved to be true, even though I wasn't actually expecting it to for some time.

FC, by any chance is your light transmission system at all inspired or similar to w3(r4ft's or am I insulting your ingenuity by asking this?

If so, I apologize; I just want to get a grasp on if your system will actually involve visible beams, let alone ones of different color or intensity.

Regardless, awesome new feature! It will make transmitting redstone signals over long vertical distances alot easier and less convoluted. Thanks!
"First immortality... then the bitches."
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Simply amazing! I've been awaiting the lens for some time now, tho I was convinced this new feature wouldn't be it.

This will make my contraptions MUCH easier, cleaner, and faster to build, and for that I thank you very much.
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Runesmith wrote:When I found the Lasermod by w3(r4ft a while back and watched the videos showing how it worked, I thought to myself,

"Hey, this guy made a creative method of redstone signal transmission with light beams, and lenses have been a mentioned potential BTW feature for some time. I bet Flowerchild has that feature already underway."

What a coincidence that my guess proved to be true, even though I wasn't actually expecting it to for some time.

FC, by any chance is your light transmission system at all inspired or similar to w3(r4ft's or am I insulting your ingenuity by asking this?

If so, I apologize; I just want to get a grasp on if your system will actually involve visible beams, let alone ones of different color or intensity.

Regardless, awesome new feature! It will make transmitting redstone signals over long vertical distances alot easier and less convoluted. Thanks!
It has been planned for ages now. I don't know whose idea it was originally (I believe it came from the thread that inspired this mod) but the implementation is all Flower. I think coloured beams are highly unlikely given that he only recently worked out how to compress all the necessary data into 4 bits
Runesmith

Post by Runesmith »

Thank you for taking note of that, just please bear with me when I say I wasn't trying to flame anybody or start a "whose idea was it first" argument.

I was simply curious regarding a possible connection, maybe pointing out that w3(r4ft could serve as a resource to help flesh out the system in the future.

As for the light beam color/intensity question, I figured it would be a stretch, but there's no harm in asking. Is there?
"First immortality... then the bitches."
The_Eviltwin

Post by The_Eviltwin »

Can't wait for an update now :D.
FlowerChild wrote: I'm thinking I may *eventually* (definitely not for this release) add the ability to start fires with the Lens using the sun, but that won't exactly help you grow Hemp :)
I'm surprised nobodys thought about the idea of Archimede's Death Ray.
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

The_Eviltwin wrote:Can't wait for an update now :D.
FlowerChild wrote: I'm thinking I may *eventually* (definitely not for this release) add the ability to start fires with the Lens using the sun, but that won't exactly help you grow Hemp :)
I'm surprised nobodys thought about the idea of Archimede's Death Ray.
That was going to be my second question, but he more or less answered that before I even asked.