Blithen's automating stuffs

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
blithen

Blithen's automating stuffs

Post by blithen »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XexUfkCNTQ
Just wanted to show you guys a way to murder your skytrap mobs and gather their stuff along with an automatic hemp farm.
Let me know what you think.
Edit/Update:
Spoiler
Show
Changed the saws to orient this way MUCH MUCH more effiecient however, spiders just fly right on through the bottom, any ideas on how to stop that?
Also putting panels on the bottom of the saws stops all mobs from touching the saws.
Last edited by blithen on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
the_fodder

Re: Blithen's automating stuffs

Post by the_fodder »

It looks like if you put a block 1 or 2 spots back you would be able to hold the spiders there long enough for the saws to do their thing.

I also went to pistons on my farm, do you think the double wide water is helping? I am currently testing with reeds only and they tend to fall down on the same block not get shot across the stream. You might also want to swap out your first Hemp plat for a reed as they grow faster, you would get a higher return as you wouldn't have to wait for the first hemp to mature before all the pistons fire.

This is my current firing setup.Only takes up a 4x4 grid at the head of the farm and really resource conscious.
Spoiler
Show
test farm firing two rows of pistons, (Real farm has switch in the middle of that redstone so I can turn them on/off at will with no interference)
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
ToonYoshi

Post by ToonYoshi »

I could never get and automated farm with pistons, cause I always got seeds, no wheat or hemp.
Yo Dawg I Herd You Liek Derp, So I Put a Herp Derp in for Your Derp So You Can Herp Derp That Derp Dawg.
blithen

Post by blithen »

the_fodder wrote:It looks like if you put a block 1 or 2 spots back you would be able to hold the spiders there long enough for the saws to do their thing.

I also went to pistons on my farm, do you think the double wide water is helping? I am currently testing with reeds only and they tend to fall down on the same block not get shot across the stream. You might also want to swap out your first Hemp plat for a reed as they grow faster, you would get a higher return as you wouldn't have to wait for the first hemp to mature before all the pistons fire.

This is my current firing setup.Only takes up a 4x4 grid at the head of the farm and really resource conscious.
Spoiler
Show
test farm firing two rows of pistons, (Real farm has switch in the middle of that redstone so I can turn them on/off at will with no interference)
Ohhh good idea with the reed thing.
As for the double wide water, yeah I think it's helping A few times I saw the hemp was on the floor next to the water.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Spoiler
Show
this is my atempt at a 99% efishant hemp farm all the hemp is pushed into the middle by pistions.

Added spoiler tags to the image.
//Urian
elustran

Post by elustran »

For killing mobs, I use lava - lava travels 3 blocks, and it doesn't burn ladders. So, you can have a blade of lava sitting on top of a ladder s that a flow of water can push mobs into. This will kill spiders too because if they go up, they go into lava. Items don't usually drop into the lava either. Alternately, you could put your saws on the top and on the bottom of your killer, with the saws pointing down so climbing spiders can't climb past them - I haven't made any BTW-style mob killers yet, but I imagine that would work fine.

Also, cool idea for a monostable circuit using a block dispenser, but you can make one without having to burn your mossy cobblestone by using one of the vanilla methods listed in the wiki.

And, just a general suggestion for videos - make them short and sweet. Basically, use editing or a script, and consider using tools like Single Player Commands so you can fly to show us things or warp to places you want to show us.
Dodsferd

Post by Dodsferd »

BigShinyToys:
Please use spoiler tags when posting pictures or videos.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

:)
To solve your spider problem, just put 3 pannels on the blocks right above the saws. Monsters won't pass, but the items will ;)
And to solve your hemp flying above the water issue, put a glass wall ? :)
blithen

Post by blithen »

Battosay wrote::)
To solve your spider problem, just put 3 pannels on the blocks right above the saws. Monsters won't pass, but the items will ;)
Yeah fixed it with the panels, And I can't believe I never thought about that...Like it literally never crossed my mind for some reason.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

blithen wrote:
Battosay wrote::)
Yeah fixed it with the panels, And I can't believe I never thought about that...Like it literally never crossed my mind for some reason.
wow, that woulda been so much easier... I ended up putting a second row of blades facing down to catch the lil'er guys that skated thru -.-
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Love this, implementing my own now. I definitely prefer to use a sticky piston on that monostable circuit instead of wasting my block dispensers though.
blithen

Post by blithen »

Please take a gander at the new picture in the OP, I'm having some troubles and my tiny brain can't figure out a good solution.
Never mind apparently items can drop through that tiny space in between the water and then the saw it runs right to the saw and not under
Like this:
Spoiler
Show
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

blithen wrote:Please take a gander at the new picture in the OP, I'm having some troubles and my tiny brain can't figure out a good solution.
Never mind apparently items can drop through that tiny space in between the water and then the saw it runs right to the saw and not under
Like this:
Spoiler
Show

HOLY WOW this is briliant, i currently use the spikes mod... but this looks really cool and it works! =D
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO