Protecting a windmill from rain

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Lighthouse

Re: Protecting a windmill from rain

Post by Lighthouse »

I haven't thought about it, but would snow at snowy bio break gearbox as well?
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Lighthouse wrote:I haven't thought about it, but would snow at snowy bio break gearbox as well?
Yes.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
David367th

Post by David367th »

I still don't get a Desert no breaking the gear box, winds in deserts can be generaly stronger that in a plain... plus the constant sand blasting of the windmill blades and fabric.
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

Well you can also probably (untested) just dig out the base of your windmill and around it and replace it with sand. In theory that should give the same effect of no rain.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

emmasteadman wrote:Well you can also probably (untested) just dig out the base of your windmill and around it and replace it with sand. In theory that should give the same effect of no rain.
That wont change the biome tho... so altho it looks like a desert it will still rain due to it being a different biome!!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
petrus4

Post by petrus4 »

Supernaut wrote:The fitting of a water wheel seems to have changed since I last used them, can't seem to mount it on an axle regardless of how much space there is around it. Anyone know what the new conditions for fitting it are?
5x5 square, as has been said. The other thing that will cause a water wheel to get mounted, but leave you scratching your head as to why you can't hear the mechanical boom sounds, is mounting a gearbox directly next to the water wheel itself. Have two axels (or at least one) between the water wheel and your first gearbox. Then it will work.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

jamestully22 wrote:
emmasteadman wrote:Well you can also probably (untested) just dig out the base of your windmill and around it and replace it with sand. In theory that should give the same effect of no rain.
That wont change the biome tho... so altho it looks like a desert it will still rain due to it being a different biome!!
Instead, terraform a desert into something you like better, and build there. That way, no precipitation to mess up your windmill, but without it looking like a desert! :D
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
David367th

Post by David367th »

its been a long time since I heard a person use the word Terraform...

If you don't like desert, tip: make a 'oisis' looking area with grass and trees and a small pond and build there.