Livestreaming Question

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Phantum

Livestreaming Question

Post by Phantum »

If any of you have/do Livestream Minecraft, or know of the issues with it. Can someone let me know if there's a way to stream minecraft without the lag?

Normally when I play I hit 160 - 200 fps, but when I try streaming with Xsplit, it seems like I cap at ~22-25 fps which bothers me quite a bit. Computer specs + Internet speeds will never be the issue, (apart from hardware incompatibilities perhaps) but... yeah just wondering if anyone has figured this out.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Gilberreke

Re: Livestreaming Question

Post by Gilberreke »

Renevo get's over 100 FPS with Xsplit. Try asking him?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Well, if you're using Xsplit, you're going to have to play with the settings. The default ones aren't exactly the most prioritized sets, and I noticed a huge upheaval of quality when I played around with them.

If you're not using the default settings, can you give a summary of what you have set up?

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Kwilt wrote:Well, if you're using Xsplit, you're going to have to play with the settings. The default ones aren't exactly the most prioritized sets, and I noticed a huge upheaval of quality when I played around with them.

If you're not using the default settings, can you give a summary of what you have set up?
how would settings matter when my gpu, cpu, and memory avg at ~40%?

Like just having xsplit open cuts fps by a lot.

http://pastebin.com/VVqb26A6

System specs, will upload xsplit settings after this LoL game.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Xsplit likes to chew on your performance somewhat for some reason unless you have certain things checked/unchecked. Don't ask me why, I don't code. I just know that I can pull a solid 70~80 FPS on a bad day with Xsplit running. If it has something to do with hardware, though, somebody else can correct this query. I'm more of a software guy.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Slev

Post by Slev »

Xsplit uses your CPU to actively re-render what your screen is recording. I know for most streamers they recommend at leas a 3ghz 4 core i5, 4gb ram and at least a 400 series GPU or equivalent ATI. You also need at least 1 Mbit/s of upload speed. The upload is what kills me, however if it's an issue, you can use xsplit as a regular recording program like FRAPS.
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Slev wrote:Xsplit uses your CPU to actively re-render what your screen is recording. I know for most streamers they recommend at leas a 3ghz 4 core i5, 4gb ram and at least a 400 series GPU or equivalent ATI. You also need at least 1 Mbit/s of upload speed. The upload is what kills me, however if it's an issue, you can use xsplit as a regular recording program like FRAPS.

Also if you read my paste bin you'll realize I'm running 3-way sli GTX 460s and have a i7 3960X (6-core processor equivalent to 12 core) overclocked at ~4.3GHz atm. So. I really don't see what's causing Minecraft to lag. Could the 3-way sli do it?
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Sense I use to live stream a lot I'll tell you this. Your PC has to compress and decode the recording while live streaming even with a high end CPU it doesn't matter if you pulling all the data from the same hard drive. the first thing you should do is make sure your xsplit and games are installed on separate hard drives to help smooth the process out this will be your largest bottleneck on your system.

Start with a output resolution of 640x360 (ratio of 16:9) and make sure you audio quality isn't to high. Test your settings and work up from there until your comfortable with the settings you end up with. Make sure that your output video is 16:9 to avoid stretching.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

kregoth wrote:Sense I use to live stream a lot I'll tell you this. Your PC has to compress and decode the recording while live streaming even with a high end CPU it doesn't matter if you pulling all the data from the same hard drive. the first thing you should do is make sure your xsplit and games are installed on separate hard drives to help smooth the process out this will be your largest bottleneck on your system.

Start with a output resolution of 640x360 (ratio of 16:9) and make sure you audio quality isn't to high. Test your settings and work up from there until your comfortable with the settings you end up with. Make sure that your output video is 16:9 to avoid stretching.
Hmm I hadn't actually thought about the Hard drive issue as that is my biggest bottleneck atm I'll check it out.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Here are my settings, hope it helps:

View->Resolution: 1280x720 (HDTV video)
View->Framerate: 25fps
View->Transition: Fade
View->Scale Viewport: 50%

I run the Broadcaster on a separate monitor, generally minimized while streaming.

Tools->General Settings

General:
Enable "Let XSplit disable Aero Theme" (This is a HUGE framerate killer if you don't check this)
Disable "Virtual camera output"
Disable "Game Source"
Disable "Make XSplit a layered window"
Disable "Enable Skype interaction"

Select a microphone
Disable "Silence detection"
Disable "Log system information"

Resolutions
I disabled all but the one I use.

Channels
Justin TV
Location: <-- Choose one closest to you, I get MUCH better results streaming to Los Angeles, because it is close, the Default lagged like hell for the users.
Video Encoding: I didn't touch these, and left them default.
Audio Encoding: I didn't touch these, and left them default.

Disable "Automatically record broadcast"
Enable "Interleave audio and video in one RMTP channel"

Scene Sources:
Primary Screen Region: (0,22) 1920x1018 (Minecraft Maximized)
Secondary Screen Region: (2930,988) 183x50 (Spotify Current Track Title/Artist)

Streaming:
First thing I generally do is launch Spotify and Chrome, then I dock Spotify Right on my Right Monitor, and the Browser on the Left of the Right monitor. I then open up the Playback Devices in the Sound Manager, and switch my Headphones as the Default Device.

Next I will launch Minecraft and maximize it, then login.

Finally, I start broadcasting, and entertain.

Equipment
  • Core i7-2600K 3.4ghz
  • 16gb Memory
  • 250gb SSD Primary
  • 2tb SATA Secondary (I run Minecraft on this drive)
  • nVidia GTX 560 ti 2gb
  • Blue Yeti Pro Microphone
  • Logitech G35 Headset (doubles as my sound card when set as the default device)
  • Microsoft 4k Ergo Keyboard
  • Logitech Performance MX Wireless Mouse
  • 2x Acer 120hz 24 Monitors (about to upgrade to 27" versions)
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit "Black Edition"
Command Line For Better than Wolves

Code: Select all

@SET APPDATA=d:\minecraft\BTW
@start "RenEvo's BTW 64bit" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar "d:\minecraft\minecraft.exe"
Java version:
6.0.290.11 64bit
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch