The Cyborg R.A.T.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Phrostbit3n

The Cyborg R.A.T.

Post by Phrostbit3n »

I was wondering if anyone else has used the R.A.T., I was thinking about buying the 5th one for myself (tax returns, yay!).

If you don't know know what 'it' is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DKJ44C/ref ... B003DKJ44C
"Someone once told me friendship is magic, that's ridiculous, you can't turn someone into a frog with friendship." - The Wizard, Terraria
"I used to __________, then I took an arrow to the knee" - Everyone on the Internet
Miss_Kat

Re: The Cyborg R.A.T.

Post by Miss_Kat »

What in the ever loving fuck is that.

It looks like a power tool or something.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I've always said it looked like the Batmobile ;P
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

My brother has one by the same company, but a few tiers down. The engineering is excellent. It's nice and heavy, and you can adjust almost everything until it fits your hand. It's quality stuff. And completely unecessary. If you have 100$ to make your mouse 2 or 3% better, then this is the mouse to spend it on.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I must admit, I'd love a mouse with more buttons. 3 Just doesn't cut it when you often drink tea in front of a computer.

What I'd love to see though is a mouse with a D-Pad/WASD where my thumb goes. a little bit of messing around with configs later -> one-handed minecraft.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

This is close to what you were talking about:
Spoiler
Show
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FurkeyRefills wrote:This is close to what you were talking about:
Spoiler
Show
oooh, shiny.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

By R.A.T I thought you meant Remote Administration Tool <.<
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Stormweaver wrote:oooh, shiny.
Yeah, I got the one with out the numbers. STILL really expensive for a mouse !
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Spoiler
Show

Yeah, you can totally tell that it's marketed to SC2 players. Honestly, if I played SC2, I would be all over that shit. Yeah, I'd start playing Zerg like a Korean. :)
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

redrew89 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Yeah, you can totally tell that it's marketed to SC2 players. Honestly, if I played SC2, I would be all over that shit. Yeah, I'd start playing Zerg like a Korean. :)
I'd say it's more marketed towards people that play hotkey-based MMOs like WoW. Those buttons are by default mapped to your 1 to = keys.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Phrostbit3n

Post by Phrostbit3n »

The 2 weeks I played WoW would've been much easier with that thing :)
"Someone once told me friendship is magic, that's ridiculous, you can't turn someone into a frog with friendship." - The Wizard, Terraria
"I used to __________, then I took an arrow to the knee" - Everyone on the Internet
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

I don't know, usually I find that many buttons quite uncomftablet to reach with my thumb (in case of the naga). After all these years I have to say that my old sidewider still feels by far the best when it comes to weight, design and 3 extra buttons in additon to the 3 mouse buttons is enogh for me.

I once had a WoW gaming mouse by the guys that make the steel series keyboards (the keyboards are awsome imho :)) which had a quite neat layout that fit my hand perfectly, but the mouse was of such poor quality that the metal coated parts started to corrode and in same places it even started to grow verdigris (and yes I cleaned it regulary, w/o any acidic substances).
Phrostbit3n

Post by Phrostbit3n »

Haidaes wrote:I don't know, usually I find that many buttons quite uncomftablet to reach with my thumb (in case of the naga). After all these years I have to say that my old sidewider still feels by far the best when it comes to weight, design and 3 extra buttons in additon to the 3 mouse buttons is enogh for me.
My cousin has a sidewinder, I just think it's too big, right now I'm using a Logitech wireless, cheap, but pretty good, in terms of sensitivity and battery life.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Phrostbit3n wrote: right now I'm using a Logitech wireless, cheap, but pretty good, in terms of sensitivity and battery life.
That's exactly what I use, too. I don't understand how a few more buttons on the mouse can be helpful, if you use a keyboard anyways.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Haidaes wrote:I don't know, usually I find that many buttons quite uncomftablet to reach with my thumb (in case of the naga).
My brother uses one to play WoW. I've gotten a chance to use it when he needed me to cover for him while he used the bathroom, and I've got to say that it isn't uncomfortable to do so, but I can definitely see Razer's claim that you should take a week or two to get used to use it.

I personally use a Logitech MX518, which I find very comfortable. You don't have the customization that the mouse the OP mentioned, but it's a 5-button mouse (LMB, RMB, scroll wheel, and two side buttons), it fits my hand pretty well, and I can tweak the sensitivity on the fly if I need.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Katalliaan wrote:
redrew89 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

I'd say it's more marketed towards people that play hotkey-based MMOs like WoW. Those buttons are by default mapped to your 1 to = keys.

True, but my mind jumps to SC2, because you can use it to quickly jump from hot group to hot group.
Scenario: You're almost mined out at your main, and you have an army attacking your opponent. You can use hot groups to quickly switch between your workers at your main, to divide them up among your expansions, and then switch right back to your army, to keep them from getting annihilated.

God, I don't even play, and I can still understand the concepts of micro vs macro. Looks like I need a better PC.

BTW, I'm using an iHome optical USB. Cheap, but still effective. At least it's not a mechanical mouse, like the one on my family's Compaq. God, I hate having to clean them out every time they get gunked up.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

redrew89 wrote:True, but my mind jumps to SC2, because you can use it to quickly jump from hot group to hot group.
Scenario: You're almost mined out at your main, and you have an army attacking your opponent. You can use hot groups to quickly switch between your workers at your main, to divide them up among your expansions, and then switch right back to your army, to keep them from getting annihilated.
To be honest, I doubt it would be all that useful. Unless you're really skilled with your right thumb, then it would probably be really clunky and clumsy, because hotkeys in SC2 are a lot more speed intensive compared to cast hotkeys in WoW.

Either way, those all look like clunky pieces of shit, in my opinion. I don't have any idea how I'd get them comfortable at all. I can't stand having huge mice, and I'm glad that my Tt BLACK is long rather than wide, or else it'd drive me crazy.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Phrostbit3n

Post by Phrostbit3n »

Kwilt wrote: Either way, those all look like clunky pieces of shit, in my opinion. I don't have any idea how I'd get them comfortable at all. I can't stand having huge mice, and I'm glad that my Tt BLACK is long rather than wide, or else it'd drive me crazy.
Precisely why I was looking at the RAT, it's not near as big as the Death Adder, and it's customizable. I like stuff I can screw around with for 3 days. :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Necroing this thread, if you have a problem with necro, then fuck you :)

Bought a RAT 5 last week. At first it was working ok, besides some detection fail when you move the mouse too fast/too slow. Today, turned on my PC, mouse wouldn't move on the sides, just up and down....
Smashed it on the ground :)

Conclusion : That's a piece of shit, don't buy.
Phrostbit3n

Post by Phrostbit3n »

Lol, I've seen quite a few bugs, but mostly people just being picky. Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just get the DeathAdder or the Logitech Gaming Mouse.
Urian

Post by Urian »

On the same note, I got a Razer Naga last week. I first though I'd only use if for button heavy games (e.g. SWTOR) but I like it so much that it's replaced my Logitech MX5500 for all but internet browsing.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea