Crucible not melting old tools.

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
TheAnarchitect

Crucible not melting old tools.

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Today, my crucible stopped melting my tools back down. This is sad, because it did so before.

What's different today: I installed the latest version of better than wolves, then installed better then buildcraft. Also, Somnia. But I saved .jars at the installation of each mod. Also, I accidentally blew up my stoked fire setup, but I rebuilt it exactly the same as it was before.

What I've done so far: I removed all better than buildcraft elements from the world, and reloaded vanilla BTW. This did not re-enable the crucible. Checked fire setup by switching crucible cauldron: still renders leather to glue. Crucible also still makes soulsteel, so I'm confused.

Anybody else having these problems? Did the latest release of BTW bork that function, does the mods, or did I bork up somewhere myself (likeliest option)? Tool recycling is one of my favorite features so I'm very much a sad panda right now.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Blueblade11

Re: Crucible not melting old tools.

Post by Blueblade11 »

Which tools were you trying to melt down? Its metal tools only, so...
And it's still working for me :/
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
TheAnarchitect

Re: Crucible not melting old tools.

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Yes, I am trying to melt my damaged soulsteel mattocks.

i went ahead and tried it in creative. Still nothing happening.

Normally I would re-install everything, but I was caught off guard by the 1.1 update and don't have a clean 1.0 update. I installed the latest version of better than wolves directly over the previously patched version instead of on a clean .jar for this reason. This strikes me as bad version management, but I don't know enough to say if that might be the problem.

::Edit:: And just like that it works again. I just had a non-reproducible error fix itself. Gah.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.