Two Worlds...

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Damion Rayne

Two Worlds...

Post by Damion Rayne »

So I've had to make some rough decisions lately in regards to how I play minecraft and what I mod it with, and so far I've decided a few things...

I want to make some videos still, so I just bought BandiCam to get started, as DebutMotion doesn't give me the quality I need. With Bandi I can set it to actually record in 720p for youtube. So anyway, what have I had to do? Well for starters I've got two distinct Minecraft folders now.

First Folder: "The Forge"
Mods Loaded:
Forestry
IC2 + Advmachines + Modular ForceField
BuildCraft (All)
RedPower2 (All)
Turret Mod
TF2 Teleporter
Equivalent Exchange
Railcraft
Wireless Redstone

I intend to add Portal Gun mod to this Forge World once it's a little more stable. And for those wondering, I still have 36 ID's left and 81 Sprites. Craftguide and TMI (I intend to move to NEI soon) are also installed along with Minecraft Atmospheres Mod. This is my main world...minus one mod...and you know which one.

Second Folder: "Lone Wolf"
Mods Installed:
Better than Wolves (debating on moving to BTB)
Wireless Redstone

So for now, It's just as easy as flipping out folders when I get in the mood to play something that might not work with something else, and why am I posting this here you ask? Well just to show that it's really not all that hard and that the choice really isn't that hard to make. :) I don't have to choose anything more then what folder is currently active. Means I can play my fave forge mods and still keep the mod that started my modding escapades, BTW.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Elensaar

Re: Two Worlds...

Post by Elensaar »

I've been using Minecraft Profile Manager myself. It works very well (though it's Windows only), and let's me choose what my game will be on startup.

Admittedly the four profiles I have are BTW with hardcore buckets, BTW without hardcore buckets, BTW w/o HCB and with the SpiritTree challenge mod and Vanilla, but I could potentially expand that indefinitely. Though one criteria I have for mods are BTW compatibility, tbh. ;)
Lots of planets have a north...!
excius

Post by excius »

I always been watching vanilla let's plays and stuff, untill i found one using the whole industrialcraft build craft and what not and i got to admit i rather like to see the function of other mods.
But since i'm only using BTW and BTB, i'm looking forward to see one specific for that.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Elensaar wrote:I've been using Minecraft Profile Manager myself. It works very well (though it's Windows only), and let's me choose what my game will be on startup.

Admittedly the four profiles I have are BTW with hardcore buckets, BTW without hardcore buckets, BTW w/o HCB and with the SpiritTree challenge mod and Vanilla, but I could potentially expand that indefinitely. Though one criteria I have for mods are BTW compatibility, tbh. ;)
Ooooh, someone else who does the spirit tree challenge! My favourite vanilla playthrough was doing that, back in the days before the mod!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Shengji wrote:Ooooh, someone else who does the spirit tree challenge! My favourite vanilla playthrough was doing that, back in the days before the mod!
It's awesome, changes you pace and playstyle completely. :) For an extra challenge, I'm combining it with the City Construction Challenge. Boy does it make going slow! But there will actually be a purpose to the entire tree by the time I'm finished. :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I've been thinking about doing a BTW + BTB LP, since there isn't one yet and it'd be good to get some contraptions set up.

I'm almost done with my soulforged steel factory using BTB...
IGN: Camerinthus