The MC BTW topic!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: The MC BTW topic!

Post by FlowerChild »

Blueblade11 wrote:Funny, i was on their IRC at the time (Don't ask) and it appears to be an attempt at a co-ordanated attack...

Too bad I dont have a chatlog of it though. :/ Eh, the general gist was trolling and whatnot anyway, nothing of significance.
I don't need to see it man. I didn't think they all showed up there at once by accident.

Oh wait, I must be getting paranoid again...

;)
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

As entertaining as this is, I just gotta ask, what's the point? Why would anyone invest any amount of time or effort into trolling someone who has created something and given it out for free? I must be getting old. This new generation makes zero sense at all.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Mr_Hosed wrote:As entertaining as this is, I just gotta ask, what's the point? Why would anyone invest any amount of time or effort into trolling someone who has created something and given it out for free? I must be getting old. This new generation makes zero sense at all.
You've not been exposed to the Something Awful mentality have you - consider yourself lucky!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Shengji wrote:You've not been exposed to the Something Awful mentality have you - consider yourself lucky!
I don't even know what it is. I recognize the name from somewhere, but no idea where.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Meh, they're all just butt hurt because they can't get everything they want. It's apparent they want to use the mod with everything else, they've shown that. And when they couldn't, they threw out the sour grapes and rage, insulting FC and the mod to try to get him to sway with an "awww, shucks, I didn't think it would piss you guys off so much." Pretty pathetic really. Basic psychological warfare, used poorly. One of those times to sit back, smile, and ask "how does it feel to want?"
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

FlowerChild wrote:It's just for shits and giggles man. I'm getting a laugh at how utterly these guys fail when I can respond to them. They're winding up looks pretty idiotic each time they pop up these days.
That's the thing, though. I used to troll pretty amateurly back in the day, and I at least elicited an emotional comeback of more than just "You're an idiot." I don't even think they're trying, because they really have nothing in their favor. I mean, don't take my writing as anything serious (I'm just melodramatic sometimes), but if I were being blunt, I'd basically just have to say this:

If you can't come up with new material, the door's that way.

Seriously. People have seen how much they made me rage (granted, that was as easy as making any emotionally unstable person rage), but now all I feel I can do is just shake my head in disappointment. If I were to make a video, I think I might actually try and give them a few insults that might actually be good.
FlowerChild wrote:I've heard that expression in multiple countries and even used it a few times myself. It's an old one.
Hmm. Strange. Must definitely be an oldie. I've certainly never heard it used once. Maybe it just never caught big on the west coast, where I dabbled in the foreign matter.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Kwilt wrote:Hmm. Strange. Must definitely be an oldie. I've certainly never heard it used once. Maybe it just never caught big on the west coast, where I dabbled in the foreign matter.
Yeah, I never heard it when I lived on the West Coast, given those were my military days. But it was a commonly used word in my circle up in the Northeast. Oh, the memories.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

My favorite part of that whole exchange is the fact that ten guys showed up at once to tell me that I'm a paranoid conspiracy nut.

Dude, that's just comedy gold right there. I really think the irony was lost on them.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

FlowerChild wrote:My favorite part of that whole exchange is the fact that ten guys showed up at once to tell me that I'm a paranoid conspiracy nut.

Dude, that's just comedy gold right there. I really think the irony was lost on them.
I obviously didn't read far enough to get to the good bits. That IS comedy gold. Actually made me lol for real.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

LOL! You're all missing the real lolz :D
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I still can't believe they hate you because you do this for free, it cracks me up each time.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

BinoAl wrote:LOL! You're all missing the real lolz :D
L O L. That really made me laugh. I don't understand it.
What the hell is that forum about? I jsut read that single page and it reminded me of some sort of women gossip club.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote:I still can't believe they hate you because you do this for free, it cracks me up each time.
Dude, they seem pretty determined to hate on me for anything I do differently from other modders, often with comical results :)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

So...

The REAL question everyone has for you, now that this is over...

Are Leeches really being added?
SCIENCE!
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Quick question, Flower:

The Technic Code, is it based on true events? I must know. The ending left me so curious, and I really believe you're on to something there. But the whole time, I just couldn't help but think the Technics Templars were just planting the ideas into the plot all along.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

embirrim wrote: L O L. That really made me laugh. I don't understand it.
This is what got me:
BlackTooth wrote:The best part is he is even more convinced of some sort of conspiracy now.
Sarcasm detector condition: Critical. Meltdown imminent.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: Sarcasm detector condition: Critical. Meltdown imminent.
Lol! Yeah, there's probably a few of them thinking I really was making favorable comparisons between SA and MENSA too ;)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote: Sarcasm detector condition: Critical. Meltdown imminent.
Lol! Yeah, there's probably a few of them thinking I really was making favorable comparisons between SA and MENSA too ;)
Heh. That was mentioned at one point, though I don't remember the exact context
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

wait a minute MENSA OHMYLORD!
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

You know, I'd never heard of mensa until now. I googled it, and... Is this like westboro baptists?
Canttelliftroll.png
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote:You know, I'd never heard of mensa until now. I googled it, and... Is this like westboro baptists?
Canttelliftroll.png
Oh no, it's quite real, and is a legitimate organization.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote:You know, I'd never heard of mensa until now. I googled it, and... Is this like westboro baptists?
Canttelliftroll.png
Oh no, it's quite real, and is a legitimate organization.
Huh. Wierd. Lol. Most of the people I know that could qualify would hate the very idea of this. Although they're the smart/slacker type you see quite a bit, I feel like mensa would mostly have the overachiever-intelligence type of people
EDIT: Magmarashi has joined the dark side? :3
Magmarashi wrote:KakerMix posted:

Hold on to your butts!

I like how he thinks he is being so clever
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: EDIT: Magmarashi has joined the dark side? :3
Magmarashi wrote:KakerMix posted:

Hold on to your butts!

I like how he thinks he is being so clever
Lol! Awesome. I've been thinking that jack-ass was a goon for quite awhile now. Guess he didn't anticipate them restoring public access to that thread!

Always nice to have grounds for a perma-ban :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Flowerchild wrote: Lol! Awesome. I've been thinking that jack-ass was a goon for quite awhile now. Guess he didn't anticipate them restoring public access to that thread!

Always nice to have grounds for a perma-ban :)
Eh, I never had a problem with him, seemed like a nice enough guy til then. Plus, grounds for a perma ban? Psh, it's your (er, sarg's?) damn forum, who cares if it's justified? :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: Eh, I never had a problem with him, seemed like a nice enough guy til then. Plus, grounds for a perma ban? Psh, it's your (er, sarg's?) damn forum, who cares if it's justified? :)
Eh. Up until then, it was just the occasional comment here and there in defense of the Yogs/SA that grated on my nerves. I don't generally just ban people based on hunches however, so it was simply nice to have confirmation of my suspicions before unleashing the hounds ;)