New Release! (BTW V3.40)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gilberreke

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.40)

Post by Gilberreke »

Sarudak wrote:No I'm at work... :(
You'll see :p
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Gilberreke wrote: You'll see :p
But I won't cause my current game is stuck in the end because no dragon spawned for me... Also I'm terribly impatient...
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Sarudak wrote:But I won't cause my current game is stuck in the end because no dragon spawned for me... Also I'm terribly impatient...
This is what MCEdit is for (Move player location). The blood wood really needs to be experienced in game to truely appreciate the horror FlowerChild has unleashed upon us.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Okay, just to check, are they supposed to detonate with the force of a thousand cauldrons? I planted one to test, came back and my base was gone. Like, totally gone. I think I'll be reverting that particular map, although that might have been one of my other systems breaking down and not the tree.

Seriously though. The crater was huge.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

i was avoiding updating until i got further in the tech tree.... after reading all these posts my curiosity has won out :( damn you curiosity!!!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Fracture wrote:Okay, just to check, are they supposed to detonate with the force of a thousand cauldrons? I planted one to test, came back and my base was gone. Like, totally gone. I think I'll be reverting that particular map, although that might have been one of my other systems breaking down and not the tree.

Wait... Crater? Wut?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fracture wrote:Okay, just to check, are they supposed to detonate with the force of a thousand cauldrons? I planted one to test, came back and my base was gone. Like, totally gone. I think I'll be reverting that particular map, although that might have been one of my other systems breaking down and not the tree.

Ummm...no. I will say that the trees do not explode :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I must say that's terribly dissappointing...
elipod

Post by elipod »

But it does eat your base one way or another? o0
Feliponius

Post by Feliponius »

Is this thing supposed to have a horrible growth rate? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Tha'r she grows!
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I know what soul dust is for if that is what you are referring too? that and it won't stop growing lol
Spoiler
Show
Use a hopper people and you will know why it make the Nether far better to stay in now, sense it seems they will only continue to grow there.
Also FC shouldn't they be immune to fire? seems odd they can catch on fire. EDIT: NVM seems that's how you get saplings lol nice touch with that BTW FC
Last edited by kregoth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

FlowerChild wrote:Ummm...no. I will say that the trees do not explode :)
Hmm, I have no access to my main PC (and this laptop I'm on can't really run MC) so it's a pure speculation but by any chance do Blood Trees
Spoiler
Show
transport their surroundings into the Nether?
Only reasonable explanation for the giant craters that are not result of explosions I could came up.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

Sweet Newton's ghost, they metastasize? :terror:
What Strange Devices!
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

FlowerChild wrote:

Ummm...no. I will say that the trees do not explode :)
Is there something more to them other than their
Spoiler
Show
rapid growth expansion
or ? I'm confused O.O
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Oh god! The horror! D:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Phantum wrote: Is there something more to them other than their
Yes :)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Phantum wrote:
Is there something more to them other than their
Spoiler
Show
rapid growth expansion
or ? I'm confused O.O
Click the spoiler to see what I have discovered. WARNING: this is really a big spoiler if you don't want to be ruined the pleasure of finding out for yourselves then do NOT click.
Spoiler
Show
Use soul dust through a unpowered hopper with soul sand filter and urns and get soul urns. Catch the leaves on fire after getting the logs to get more saplings. They Plant themselves if they land on soul sand.

Other than that haven't really observed much else, although I am getting crazy spawn rates near them for ghast's and pigmen not sure if it is causing that but I see them spawn in front of me and next to me at times.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote:Click the spoiler to see what I have discovered. WARNING: this is really a big spoiler if you don't want to be ruined the pleasure of finding out for yourselves then do NOT click.
Hehe...so close. You seem to have spotted all the individual elements, but haven't tied it together into what it actually means.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

FlowerChild wrote:
kregoth wrote:Click the spoiler to see what I have discovered. WARNING: this is really a big spoiler if you don't want to be ruined the pleasure of finding out for yourselves then do NOT click.
Hehe...so close. You seem to have spotted all the individual elements, but haven't tied it together into what it actually means.
You know, my sawdust question earlier in the thread looks _really_ stupid now.

Just sayin' =P
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

FlowerChild wrote:
omfg. o.o

O. M. F. G. EPIC!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Ye gads, I think I just realised what we have the potential for here...
Spoiler
Show
With the logs producing soul dust and planks when cut, we can actually completely automate the production of soul urns now (well, apart from the gathering of clay), no need to gather and grind netherrack. And the same factory could also provide our wood. If the tree regrows cut logs, maybe there's a way to force it into growing in a particular direction?
Lots of planets have a north...!
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Haha Im still messing with it
Spoiler
Show
but considering that it can help in the process of making Soul Urns, my guess is it is a tree that gather's souls.
Also If the tree is supposed to do more and I haven't seen it yet how much more is it supposed to grow before I see it?

Before
After

I wouldn't be surprised if there some recipe I am missing using the logs. I have a filling this thing is for automating XP, Soul Urns, and Wood gathering for the nether. I am going to mess with soul urns and the blood wood to see if they can create something like a spawner (High hopes on that hahahahaha.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I like how
Spoiler
Show
soul urns act as bonemeal on these things
But...I dunno. I feel I'm still missing something - I thought I'd figured out what the things were actually doing, and then
Spoiler
Show
It turns out they keep growing even if you disconnect them from the ground
which killed my first few theories.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Sounds more like a plauge then a tree...
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Nevermind on the explosion. I reverted my world, and stood around watching my factory for a while. Turns out one of my nertherrack processing spots broke down, blew up, destroying vital input for others and yeah... catastrophic chain reaction. I seem to have a talent for turning my bases into smoking craters.

Though the moving-their-surroundings-to-the-nether would be awesome. That or if they just kept growing until they blotted out the sky, hardened, and made the overworld become the nether.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.