hemp oil as a fuel source for crucible's and cauldron's

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
BigShinyToys

hemp oil as a fuel source for crucible's and cauldron's

Post by BigShinyToys »

the idea is a way to power cauldrons or crucibles ( that is able to be stoked ) but not as simple just putting nether rack under them.

So where do we get oil ( possibly a by product of hemp production. ) hemp seeds could be crushed into hemp oil with the grind stone.

unique properties that make hemp oil useful / fun
hemp oil would be placed like water But would only run a very short distance. Hemp oil would burn when lit and set any hemp oil block next to it on fire ( useful for traps ) Hemp oil would have a set burn time ( 30 seconds ( or whatever you think is balanced ) unlike wood that is Random and unreliable). This burn time would half when the fire is stoked.

This would be a lot more effort than just using nether rack but it's use for smelting would help the transition to rendered products and steal.

What keeps this balanced is that it is a use ounce type system that required the user to manually reset it . this also encourages the player to make a better heat source .

Hemp oil has been mentioned in the past but i have not found a thread that uses it in the way stated above.

looking ford to your comments as always :)

Big Shiny Toys
Stormweaver

Re: hemp oil as a fuel source for crucible's and cauldron's

Post by Stormweaver »

So the short version is:

"Replace whole fire-mastery branch of tech tree with ground hemp seeds"

Am I missing something here?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Stormweaver wrote:So the short version is:

Sorta But this would be a very ineffective way of doing it. Just like cranking is a very in inefficient way of creating mechanical power. ( also this would require an exorbitant amount of hemp seeds and would not burn very long.)

Also would make nice looking fire trap around your base for emergency use only ;)
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

BigShinyToys wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:So the short version is:

Sorta But this would be a very ineffective way of doing it. Just like cranking is a very in inefficient way of creating mechanical power. ( also this would require an exorbitant amount of hemp seeds and would not burn very long.)

Also would make nice looking fire trap around your base for emergency use only ;)
Then why do it? If it's inefficient, expensive, and short-lasting, why even bother taking the time to add something like this? Hibachis aren't all that expensive, and they work with redstone, which I'm assuming these wouldn't.
IGN: Camerinthus
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Isn't the manual inefficient way using logs?
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Trequiche

Post by Trequiche »

Here's a proposal that might provide a little improvement. Instead of using hemp oil as a block to burn. Use it as a fuel of some sort. So you could put it in a furnace and it would make 16 things or, make a GUI for the hibachi to have items that could temporarily stoke the fire. For example hemp oil could be put in and the stocked fire would last for 90 seconds or so. You could also use the oil to dip your bread in, lolz.
kkelly

Post by kkelly »

Trequiche wrote:Here's a proposal that might provide a little improvement. Instead of using hemp oil as a block to burn. Use it as a fuel of some sort. So you could put it in a furnace and it would make 16 things or, make a GUI for the hibachi to have items that could temporarily stoke the fire. For example hemp oil could be put in and the stocked fire would last for 90 seconds or so. You could also use the oil to dip your bread in, lolz.
I like that idea. I also like the idea of hemp oil used as a liquid. but the essential problem is that this oil production would start being automated right after you get the windmill. And granted you won't have any big uses for hemp in awhile. but odds are at this point, you don't have too many spare seeds stacked up to make this temporary resource effective. But I honestly wouldn't mind having a moat of hemp oil that I can light on fire XD