New Release! (BTW V3.26)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Xecaquan

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.26)

Post by Xecaquan »

Urian wrote:<snip>

FC said in third post above yours that he'll release a fix for this, no need to keep repeating it now.
I understand, I actually missed that FC stated he would look at it. However, as it stands the mod is all but impossible to use in it's current state for new worlds. I actually ended up importing a schematic of my hemp chest from an old world so I could continue playing this new 1.0 world. As I had gotten a total of 4 hemp after playing nearly all day Sunday, on a hemp farm of about 3x10.

Anyway look forward to the next update.
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

It's not that bad. Chunks are still updated, they just pseudo-randomly choose a quarter less blocks to update. I had no problem whatsoever starting a new world and acquiring enough hemp. Just keep planting more hemp. It will help to increase the density of your hemp within a single chunk, more so than spreading to a new chunk.. And this will be true even after the growth update.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I don't understand this quarter less chunk updating thing. Could someone explain what it actually means?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Sarudak wrote:I don't understand this quarter less chunk updating thing. Could someone explain what it actually means?
Do you know how chunks and block updates work?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Gilberreke wrote:
Sarudak wrote:I don't understand this quarter less chunk updating thing. Could someone explain what it actually means?
Do you know how chunks and block updates work?
Probably not... :P
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

They happen 4 times less often.

That's what I gathered. So plant growth (trees, wheat, hemp, etc) will grow 4 times slower.
IGN: Camerinthus
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Camerinthus wrote:They happen 4 times less often.

That's what I gathered. So plant growth (trees, wheat, hemp, etc) will grow 4 times slower.
The numbers for wheat were adjusted (I didn't check the others), so they shouldn't be affected.
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

Minecraft loops through each loaded chunk each tick. For each loaded chunk, some number of blocks are pseudo-randomly chosen to be updated. This number was 80 in 1.8.1. It is now 20. The update method for blocks should therefore take into account that they will be called, on average, a quarter as frequently as before.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Are we meant to be able to block with all steel tools or is it a bug?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

Urian wrote:Are we meant to be able to block with all steel tools or is it a bug?
Thats been a feature since....2.98? Or something like that?

Try looking in the patch notes.
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
Itamarcu

Re: Urian

Post by Itamarcu »

Yes, FC made all steel tools block. I don't remember exactly why, but it was a good reason.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Urian wrote:Are we meant to be able to block with all steel tools or is it a bug?
Unless I am mistaken, this is an intentional feature, to add an advantage to steel.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Oops, I should probably re-read the patch notes for the versions I've missed... Too many new features to keep track of, damn you FC and your productivity!
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Well it has been a while since i have played this mod (1.8 i think) and so it and i have grown apart, but the good thing is that i am back in full swing now and i would like to say that i have noticed a very positive change in the mod all together. Also i found one thing quite concerning (as i have just begun to learn java) when i opened the zip folder i found a folder named 'FORGE-SRC' now i opened it and found some unobfuscated java files. I am not too sure if they are meant to be like this but i just thought that i would give you a heads up that there is some unprotected source code floating around your mod!!

And again thank you for all your time and effort Flower!! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

magikeh wrote:Well it has been a while since i have played this mod (1.8 i think) and so it and i have grown apart, but the good thing is that i am back in full swing now and i would like to say that i have noticed a very positive change in the mod all together. Also i found one thing quite concerning (as i have just begun to learn java) when i opened the zip folder i found a folder named 'FORGE-SRC' now i opened it and found some unobfuscated java files. I am not too sure if they are meant to be like this but i just thought that i would give you a heads up that there is some unprotected source code floating around your mod!!

And again thank you for all your time and effort Flower!! ^_^/
That's the modified forge files that have to be provided by way of the forge's licence. Also a quick and easy way for other mods to take advantage of forge's infinite terrain sprites without using the forge.

It's all good.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Vray

Post by Vray »

Brand new to the forums, first post. Great Update!
Thanks and kudos to FlowerChild on a great mod, you are responsible for re-addicting (is that a word?) me to Minecraft!
I want to also say thanks to Battosay for the awesome videos, so much instruction and inspiration for someone learning what BTW can do and how to work with redstone.
Always astounded by what the community comes up with, such innovation. A really wonderful direction for the game we all love to play.

Just... Thanks.
~ Reality Bites... Bite back! ~

Vray.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I just found a bug: You did remove your axe tweaks since jeb fixed everything, but you forgot the pumpkin and the watermelon. The axe isn't efficient against them anymore!
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

itamarcu wrote:I just found a bug: You did remove your axe tweaks since jeb fixed everything, but you forgot the pumpkin and the watermelon. The axe isn't efficient against them anymore!
Really? I'm honestly not finding that to be the case.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Vray wrote:Brand new to the forums, first post. Great Update!
Thanks and kudos to FlowerChild on a great mod, you are responsible for re-addicting (is that a word?) me to Minecraft!
I want to also say thanks to Battosay for the awesome videos, so much instruction and inspiration for someone learning what BTW can do and how to work with redstone.
Always astounded by what the community comes up with, such innovation. A really wonderful direction for the game we all love to play.

Just... Thanks.
You're welcome man! Glad you're getting so much enjoyment out of the mod :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

itamarcu wrote:I just found a bug: You did remove your axe tweaks since jeb fixed everything, but you forgot the pumpkin and the watermelon. The axe isn't efficient against them anymore!
Just checked the code. Pumpkins are fine, but you're right about Watermelons. Will add that back in the next release.
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Camerinthus wrote:They happen 4 times less often.

The numbers for wheat were adjusted (I didn't check the others), so they shouldn't be affected.
Ah, okay.
IGN: Camerinthus
rusky

Post by rusky »

Found a potential bug, though haven't tested on other versions so can't tell if it's from BTW, vanilla MC or one of the other mods I use ( Timber! and Optifine HD_B).
Wooden slabs require a pick to break; breaking them with an axe takes forever and doesn't return the slab.

Also, any hint on when you're planning on rolling out the Hemp fix ? It's really killing me on my new world, so tempted to just install TMI (but i won't!).

Also, as this is my first post here, a big thank you for this amazing mod, which has easily managed to remove my need of most other mods and make MC really fun at the same time. :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

rusky wrote:Found a potential bug, though haven't tested on other versions so can't tell if it's from BTW, vanilla MC or one of the other mods I use ( Timber! and Optifine HD_B).
Wooden slabs require a pick to break; breaking them with an axe takes forever and doesn't return the slab.

Also, any hint on when you're planning on rolling out the Hemp fix ? It's really killing me on my new world, so tempted to just install TMI (but i won't!).

Also, as this is my first post here, a big thank you for this amazing mod, which has easily managed to remove my need of most other mods and make MC really fun at the same time. :)
Is that the vMC wooden half slab? If it is, you have to remember it's just a palette swap of the stone slabs, and has the same properties (so it requires a pick, etc). Use wooden siding instead, it's more efficient :p
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Urian

Post by Urian »

rusky wrote:Found a potential bug, though haven't tested on other versions so can't tell if it's from BTW, vanilla MC or one of the other mods I use ( Timber! and Optifine HD_B).

1. It's an issue with vMC. Halfslabs are share the same attributes since they're damage values of each other, therefore they're all treated as stone.
2. Probably with the next version, it's ready when it's ready.
3. Welcome to the forums.
rusky

Post by rusky »

Ah I see, wasn't aware of the way the slab worked in vMC, thanks.

And yeah, I intend to use sidings as soon as I gather enough hemp to make my windmill, which is so painfully slow at the moment :D