BTW Forum Terraria Server

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Fracture

BTW Forum Terraria Server

Post by Fracture »

And here we go... Hamachi server is "terfracture" and the password is "FC"-- no quotation marks, obviously. The IP is 5.203.47.134
with 7777 as the port and BTW as the password. Server's open, and will remain as such-- I'll probably just reboot every couple days to keep it smooth.

As for rules, I won't lay down many, but there are a few--

- Don't antagonize people senselessly. If it's agreed to or just playful, killing or sabotaging is okay, but don't do it just to be a bastard.
- I would prefer you make a new character for the server, and play that character exclusively on the server. That way it doesn't get horribly unbalanced.
- Medium-core is preferred for best experience, but it's really your pick.
- That just causes too much loss. Go softcore unless you're really into the challenge of medium/hard.
- Fairly obvious, but don't take what isn't yours. The stuff at the spawn shack is fair game, but chests in other player-made areas should be left alone unless permission is given.

Apart from that, go ahead with whatever lol. I'll probably build a hut at spawn to get people going, then head out from there.

And FC, for mine you'll need to download LogMeIn Hamachi and add yourself to my network. From there, just go to "Join" in multiplayer, type the IP, Port and Password as they're requested, and you're in.

Just directly copied over from the Terraria Thread, but figured I may as well make a new topic for the server itself.

Current Members (Forum Name in parentheses):
- Fracture (Fracture)
- Morvelaira (morvelaira)
- FlowerChildF (FlowerChild)
- Grau (MrGrau)
- Cardin (Magmarashi)
Last edited by Fracture on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
joetalbot1

Re: BTW Forum Terraria Server

Post by joetalbot1 »

Nice.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
MrGrau

Post by MrGrau »

Hey, I'm Grau.
I didn't post in the last topic as I'd assume I'd log in with everyone already online (or at least one person).
So I ended up mining a bit, dying a lot, and then I wanted a loom. So I made the Spawn Shack larger.
I guess that's it. :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Good to see you here, man, and thanks for the work you did in the server. Just were wondering who you were! lol
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

I am unable to connect. There's just the "connecting..." screen, and it just stays there.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Joe, are you connected via Hamachi as well? You must be to access the server.

Also, update everyone: Things are getting close the Wall of Flesh fight, so start preparing. Mobs after this point will be tougher and more persistent, and the corruption will spread violently. Make your dwelling and ready it for the coming days, with clown bombers and werewolves at the door.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Fracture wrote: Also, update everyone: Things are getting close the Wall of Flesh fight, so start preparing.
Just solo'd that. Took me a few tries, but i learned something: Make a path of wooden platforms through the underworld. The main cause of death in the fight is being pushed into lava, so with a straight path to run on and shoot him, it should be no problem, especially with multiple people
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Or chug a water walking potion!
SCIENCE!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Magmarashi wrote:Or chug a water walking potion!
Do those work on lava? I'll have to try that. :D
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Hard mode has been activated

Bring a helmet
SCIENCE!
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Anyone want any items in particular? I can get any vanilla item you may need.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

joetalbot1 wrote:Anyone want any items in particular? I can get any vanilla item you may need.
Dirty hacker. :p
They said they wanted fresh characters only, so I think they're trying to keep it from using items for other worlds
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Hey! Someone finally guesses why I have about 14 shitloads of platinum coins!
No, but in all seriousness, I didn't hack anything in. Everything I have was earned legitimately... and perhaps some of it was stolen from a few other servers.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

joetalbot1 wrote:Hey! Someone finally guesses why I have about 14 shitloads of platinum coins!
No, but in all seriousness, I didn't hack anything in. Everything I have was earned legitimately... and perhaps some of it was stolen from a few other servers.
Eh, I've never been offended by cheating in terraria. The "economy" is so filled with hacked coins/items that almost all items obtained from other players are hacked in
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

joetalbot1 wrote:Hey! Someone finally guesses why I have about 14 shitloads of platinum coins!
Given that we were supposed to start fresh characters and work our way up on the server, that kinda sucks man.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Agreed. This is part of the reason I decided I could go in on this round of a server... I'd be just as ill equipped as every one else. I'd still be a noob, but a girl can't have everything.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, warning issued for cheating in a forum-based game. Part of the point in having these kinds of games revolving around a community like this is that we can hopefully trust the other people that are playing, which you wouldn't get in an open game.

Not cool man.
Robilar

Post by Robilar »

I've been considering jumping on, so I'll look into Hamachi either tonight or tomorrow. Is using a character that I played solo and only offline ok? He's as far as Cobalt stuff (Almost to a Mithril Drill, woo!), and my net cash is maybe a platinum and a half, since the mechanic ate my money for wire. Expect many a gravestone from myself, there's about 15 on my slowly being constructed Skybridge from wyverns.
FlowerChild wrote:FUCK MAN! WHAT WE GOING TO DO NOW! WE'RE IN SOME REALLY PRETTY SHIT!!!

<dakka dakka>
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

im thinking about hopping in though i think ill wait till a new world is started if there is ever going to be a restart before joining in

Edit alright im joining in, new character and all but im wondering if i can bring along one or 2 accessories from another stronger character
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Just to be sure, it's okay to bring items I got from my singleplayer worlds as long as I bring enough for everybody to have some, right?
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

joetalbot1 wrote:Just to be sure, it's okay to bring items I got from my singleplayer worlds as long as I bring enough for everybody to have some, right?
Dude, read the OP:

- I would prefer you make a new character for the server, and play that character exclusively on the server. That way it doesn't get horribly unbalanced.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Just joined the server should be on terraria in the next 15 or so minutes.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

-nothing to see here-
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

I was joking.

...besides, they did say "prefer", not, "please just do this."
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

FlowerChild wrote:
joetalbot1 wrote:Just to be sure, it's okay to bring items I got from my singleplayer worlds as long as I bring enough for everybody to have some, right?
Dude, read the OP:

considering they are already in hard mode, a new character doesn't even survive 20 seconds outside of spawn, even with the 2 accesories i brought and the phoenix blaster that fracture gave me i died roughly 10 times trying to make a base its not easy when most things can 2 shot me