Steel ruins mining

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
KriiEiter

Re: Steel ruins mining

Post by KriiEiter »

I prefer to look at everything BTW is doing right instead of what everyone else is doing wrong.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Brethern wrote:I can't bash notch even in jest, why are you allowed to bash a modder?
Man, you're bringing us all down with your negative waves :(

Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Brethern wrote:I can't bash notch even in jest, why are you allowed to bash a modder?
Because your delivery is horrible?

If your complaints about Notch have been in jest, sorry man, but I've never gotten the joke. They've always just come across as serious whining.

Also, I've made no secret about how much I dislike Eloraam, and I'm certainly not going to censor anyone's comments about her. While I've always asked people to tone down criticisms of modders around this forum, and asked that they be shown some respect, I've never known her to extend the same courtesy towards me, even before this incident with the Forge. There's always been an awful lot of BTW/FC bashing going on in her scene.

So yeah, fuck her man. It's open season on her as far as I'm concerned.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Gilberreke wrote:
Man, you're bringing us all down with your negative waves :(

Kelly's Heroes
I'll have you know I watched that entire movie just after you posted it because of that clip.

That movie effing ruled hard.

Also in the spirit of FCs last post. Screw off Eloraam, I've never liked RedPower! All hail young flora! (FC)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I personally have never seen her do any bashing of your mod...
misterwuggles

Post by misterwuggles »

Eh, I don't think steel really affects mining for me. However, that's simply because I could care less about diamonds. I can see how it'd affect you if you're all diamond-crazy or something, but I'd say the problem lies more with the lack of uses for diamonds than with steel itself. I'm sure that's something that will eventually be addressed, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Heck, maybe there's something for diamonds from another mod that FC could, you know, be inspired by.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Sarudak wrote:I personally have never seen her do any bashing of your mod...
you're new here, aren't you...

in that case, let me just direct you towards this thread: http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1792
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I personally have never seen her do any bashing of your mod...
Nope, neither have I, and I didn't say that she did in my post either.

What I did say is that I've never seen her say or do anything to put an end to the bashing of the mod/me in her neck of the woods, before or after this Forge thing, so I'm certainly not going to do anything to stop it here.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Ok fair enough... Could we at least keep the thread on topic and bash eloraam somewhere else?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Ok fair enough... Could we at least keep the thread on topic and bash eloraam somewhere else?
Sure. What's the topic? Steel ruins mining?

Yes, I agree, and mining is dull as dirt (literally) after awhile. I think that whatever pleasure may be derived from it runs its course after you manage to get to bedrock.

Basically every tech-mod seeks to automate it in some way to take that burden off the player so he can focus on more creative pursuits. BTW does the same through both semi-automating the process through mining-charges, speeding up the process through the refined pick, and minimizing the need for the process itself through the ability to recycle iron and steel through the crucible.

All of these require "work" to attain. If you were to spend the ten or so hours you spend working your way through the BTW tech tree branch mining instead, you'd have more than enough diamonds to last you for as long as you cared to continue playing in your world. You would probably also have lost all desire to ever play Minecraft again.

And, as others have pointed out, diamond already has additional uses planned for it in the tech tree.

So, if I've "ruined" mining, all I can say is: YAY!

Given that others have already said all this in one form or another, I think the topic ran its course in the first few posts, at which point, I consider off-topic to be fair game.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

It took me a few seconds to realise this topic is not about mining into steel ruins.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:It took me a few seconds to realise this topic is not about mining into steel ruins.
Lol! Same for me. I was actually more interested before making that realization ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:
MoRmEnGiL wrote:It took me a few seconds to realise this topic is not about mining into steel ruins.
Lol! Same for me. I was actually more interested before making that realization ;)
You should totally add ruins made out of steel into the mod. Totally fits with that anarchy thing you like to do.

/silly suggestion off
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

FlowerChild wrote:I was actually more interested before making that realization ;)
Yeah heh, when I realised what this was about I had a "rolleyed" and slightly disappointed "Oh." expression
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said