General Help

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
walker_boh_65

General Help

Post by walker_boh_65 »

A place where you can ask questions and receive answer for you BTW mod

please dont ask for updates
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penguinsroar

Re: General Help

Post by penguinsroar »

Hey, isn't netherrack the same as the hibachi? :?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

You can't light netherack with redstone.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

penguinsroar wrote:Hey, isn't netherrack the same as the hibachi? :?
also the flame cant be turned off
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Uhhh... as a concern to the making of sigs, is it aiight that i add a link to a topic in the minecraft forums??

(i couldnt find anything in the rules saying no, but i just wanted to make sure!)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

jamestully22 wrote:Uhhh... as a concern to the making of sigs, is it aiight that i add a link to a topic in the minecraft forums??

(i couldnt find anything in the rules saying no, but i just wanted to make sure!)
i dont see why you couldnt...
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
i dont see why you couldnt...
Aiight thanks, adding link now...
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

jamestully22 wrote:Uhhh... as a concern to the making of sigs, is it aiight that i add a link to a topic in the minecraft forums??

Yes you can, don't worry.
penguinsroar

Post by penguinsroar »

Battosay wrote:You can't light netherack with redstone.
yeah it can, WHICH IS SO ANNOYING WHEN MAKING IrOn DOORS ON A NETHERRACK HOUSE!! :D
TheAbyss90

Post by TheAbyss90 »

I have a question concerning the windmill. I read that ALL gear boxes connected to one will break when it rains/snows. Can placing blocks above the windmills so said weather effects dont land directly on it stop this? If not I really dont see a point with windmills for mechanical power use. Not that I wouldnt use them for visuals :3 just figured I would ask before, on the off chance, I use them for mechanical power.

- Abyss
Capax infiniti

Post by Capax infiniti »

TheAbyss90 wrote:I have a question concerning the windmill. I read that ALL gear boxes connected to one will break when it rains/snows. Can placing blocks above the windmills so said weather effects dont land directly on it stop this? If not I really dont see a point with windmills for mechanical power use. Not that I wouldnt use them for visuals :3 just figured I would ask before, on the off chance, I use them for mechanical power.

- Abyss
Windmills are the only source of power in the nether (as any water placed there will evaporate). You can use an upward facing detector block wired to the gearbox to shut it down when it rains.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheAbyss90 wrote:I have a question concerning the windmill. I read that ALL gear boxes connected to one will break when it rains/snows. Can placing blocks above the windmills so said weather effects dont land directly on it stop this? If not I really dont see a point with windmills for mechanical power use. Not that I wouldnt use them for visuals :3 just figured I would ask before, on the off chance, I use them for mechanical power.

- Abyss
Nah, what you need to do is setup a Detector Block to "see" when it starts raining or snowing, and disengage the Gear Boxes connected to the Wind Mill when that happens to prevent breakage.

Check out the Detector Block description in the....

Ummm...guess I can't say "OP" anymore. Hmmm...ok, you know, check out the description over in that place where you find such things :)
TheAbyss90

Post by TheAbyss90 »

Capax infiniti wrote:Windmills are the only source of power in the nether (as any water placed there will evaporate). You can use an upward facing detector wired to the gearbox to shut it down when it rains.
*facepalm* You are quite right. Would I need to hook up restone to every gearbox in the chain or just the one closest to the windmill? I would test this myself but silly me accidently updated :oops:

Edit:
Nah, what you need to do is setup a Detector Block to "see" when it starts raining or snowing, and disengage the Gear Boxes connected to the Wind Mill when that happens to prevent breakage.

Check out the Detector Block description in the....

Ummm...guess I can't say "OP" anymore. Hmmm...ok, you know, check out the description over in that place where you find such things :)
Yeah had a braindead moment. Didnt get to play the mod long so never really got around to building some of the stuff. Hence why I completly forgot about the detector blocks abilities.

Thanks for the quick replies ^.^ Lets me set up my world accordingly
Last edited by TheAbyss90 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

TheAbyss90 wrote:
Capax infiniti wrote:Windmills are the only source of power in the nether (as any water placed there will evaporate). You can use an upward facing detector wired to the gearbox to shut it down when it rains.
*facepalm* You are quite right. Would I need to hook up restone to every gearbox in the chain or just the one closest to the windmill? I would test this myself but silly me accidently updated :oops:
the first one, it shuts down the entire system too
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capax infiniti

Post by Capax infiniti »

TheAbyss90 wrote:
You only need to attach the DB to the gearbox that is closest to the windmill.
TheAbyss90

Post by TheAbyss90 »

Much thanks to you guys for answering. Ill be sure to make plenty of donuts and maybe some cookies once Im able for you guys =)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

penguinsroar wrote:
Battosay wrote:You can't light netherack with redstone.
yeah it can, WHICH IS SO ANNOYING WHEN MAKING IrOn DOORS ON A NETHERRACK HOUSE!! :D
I just tested this out on one of my maps, and | _ N (where | is a redstone torch, _ is redstone dust, and N is netherrack) does not light it on fire. Are you using any other mods? If you are, then one of them may be causing your netherrack to do this.
Last edited by darahalian on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
tundragrass

Post by tundragrass »

Since I was to lazy to follow the string of answers to questions of answers ill ask a question. Is it possible to make a pully mechanism of a 4x4 with 2 more pully and platform mechanisms to its left and not have a gap inbetween them? the poster of another fourm were hes putting videos of his great castle is haveing this problem.
blazeboy91

Post by blazeboy91 »

tundragrass wrote:Since I was to lazy to follow the string of answers to questions of answers ill ask a question. Is it possible to make a pully mechanism of a 4x4 with 2 more pully and platform mechanisms to its left and not have a gap inbetween them? the poster of another fourm were hes putting videos of his great castle is haveing this problem.
As long as there is the same gear lengths(amount of gears) is the same then it should work
* Choke Choke Die*
Victim: Damn Poison cupcakes......
Bystander: Oooo a cupcake.
And the cycle continues until someone builds an immunity to it or we all die. Either way it has got to suck being the last person alive..
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Going to lock this thread. Specific issues or questions really should be topics in their own right to avoid unmanageable threads.

I've made changes to the forum rules regarding this.