Useful Links (Wiki, Recipe List, MC Forums, etc)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RegularX

Useful Links (Wiki, Recipe List, MC Forums, etc)

Post by RegularX »

For people's convenience, here are some common Better Than Wolves Links:

Minecraft Forum Thread
For an overview of the mod, demonstration videos, release information, updated links. The OP here is probably the most concentrated dose of BTW information. Also a great place to gawk at people asking the same question repeatedly to no avail.

Better Than Wolves Wiki
More detailed information on BTW's various components, also includes demo videos and additional links.

Better Than Wolves Recipe Overview (PNG)
Handy overview of all the recipes in the mod in one image.
Out of date for several recipes.

Official Better Than Wolves Forum
Forums for actually discussing the mod rationally, instead of spamming requests for updates. But you probably already knew that, since you're already here. Placed here in case people are shoving these into a bookmark folder.

Unofficial IRC channel
You can join #btw on irc.esper.net with Mibbit or an installed IRC client (reccomended).

On Downgrading Minecraft Versions
If the official Minecraft version gets out of sync with BTW, here's a helpful thread on how to swap back to an older version.

Better Then BuildCraft vMC-forums thread
The thread on the Minecraft forum for the Better Then BuildCraft project for combining BTW and BC.
Last edited by RegularX on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evolution

Re: Useful Links (Wiki, Recipe List, MC Forums, etc)

Post by Evolution »

Ouch my out of date list ;o

Ill have to fix that.
-------

Now updated.
RegularX

Post by RegularX »

Evolution wrote:Ouch my out of date list ;o

Ill have to fix that.
-------

Now updated.
Isn't the Mill Stone recipe still out of sync? Or is my cache gone funky?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Added a link to the thread for the IRC channel.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Did a big update to the Hopper Filter list (Painfully verified one by one). Will add more later.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
RegularX

Post by RegularX »

Are the links up to date?

Also, I just tried the PNG recipe list link and got a malware warning in Chrome...
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

RegularX wrote:Also, I just tried the PNG recipe list link and got a malware warning in Chrome...
That's courtesy of the adfly link. Just click it again and it shouldn't complain again. There's a random ad being shown and some of those ads might register as malware (probably false positive even then).
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
RegularX

Post by RegularX »

Gilberreke wrote:
RegularX wrote:Also, I just tried the PNG recipe list link and got a malware warning in Chrome...
That's courtesy of the adfly link. Just click it again and it shouldn't complain again. There's a random ad being shown and some of those ads might register as malware (probably false positive even then).
Gotya.

Looks like the HTML link is still out of date and not linked anymore in the OP. I'll remove it later unless someone has a complaint.
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Hey! I just updated my recipe list (which is JPG now by the way). I have a thread going on in the Lounge section, which I update whenever I update the list. I do try to update it a day or two after FC updates the mod, but this time I haven't been much home.

I added more links as well, which you can read about in that thread. I'll just link those here as well. (Note that the only reason I bother with the adf.ly ad links is because I really need money these days. Feel free to use the new non-ad link if you really hate ads.)
>>Recipe List with no ads<<
>>Recipe List with top banner<<
>>Recipe List with five second ad<<
Hope I didn't do anything wrong with this update. A lot of small things that needed changing.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Durandir wrote:Hope I didn't do anything wrong with this update. A lot of small things that needed changing.
You forgot that Bones and feathers also make glue, not only leather.
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Tekei wrote: You forgot that Bones and feathers also make glue, not only leather.
I am going to add that to the main part of the list eventually, but right now I only got that information at the bottom. Some of those alternate ways to make things are hard to put in, but I will do it one day I got plenty of time. Right now I didn't really have time to do anything else. But thanks for the feedback!
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Durandir wrote:I am going to add that to the main part of the list eventually, but right now I only got that information at the bottom. Some of those alternate ways to make things are hard to put in, but I will do it one day I got plenty of time. Right now I didn't really have time to do anything else. But thanks for the feedback!
Cool :)
I didn't mean to be insolent, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.
Great job with the list though. I use it pretty much every time I start up Minecraft. Yeah... I keep forgetting when to use cobble or smooth stone :P
RegularX

Post by RegularX »

Durandir wrote:I added more links as well, which you can read about in that thread. I'll just link those here as well. (Note that the only reason I bother with the adf.ly ad links is because I really need money these days. Feel free to use the new non-ad link if you really hate ads.)
Unless people start complaining, I'm fine with keeping the ad.fly link. I think most MC'ers are pretty used to them.
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Tekei wrote: Cool :)
I didn't mean to be insolent, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.
Great job with the list though. I use it pretty much every time I start up Minecraft. Yeah... I keep forgetting when to use cobble or smooth stone :P
Oh, by all means, don't worry about that. I am happy for all feedback. I won't listen to all of it though, as I need to make this easy for me to make as well :P It does take more than an hour each time I need to update it, due to FlowerChild adding so much in each update. Which is awesome.
Glad you like it! I hope it works out the way it was supposed to, that is an easy way to find how to make what you want. I have to use it myself all the time while playing, as my memory is really bad.
RegularX wrote: Unless people start complaining, I'm fine with keeping the ad.fly link. I think most MC'ers are pretty used to them.
That is fine then :) At least you now have an alternate link in case you need it.
Feel free to PM me about anything regarding the list as well.
M!C

Post by M!C »

I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I should bump it so somebody can make an up to date version. RegularX hasn't been online for quite a while so he most likely lost interest in the forums.
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I might make a new recipe list thing too, since Durandir has been absent recently.
IGN: Camerinthus
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Yeah, feel free to remove my list and make a new one. RL caught up with me, and the daunting task of adding the new stuff, changing things and all that is just something I won't be able to do :/ Was fun while it lasted! I haven't even been able to test out the last three versions... Dark Souls has gotten a hold of me I guess :V
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Minutor (http://seancode.com/minutor/) is an excellent mapping tool. It allows you to visually identify blocks on XYZ axis, offers layer by layer viewing, cave view, lighting view, mapping of the Nether, the End and slimechunks in a lightweight package.

Regularly updated and you can configure your own color scheme should you wish.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Could the Better Then Buildcraft forum thread link be added to this list?

Thanks in advance.
M!C

Post by M!C »

ilovekintoki wrote:Could the Better Then Buildcraft forum thread link be added to this list?

Thanks in advance.
Problem is RegularX hasn't been here since september ... so a mod will have to take care of it, I guess.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Added.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

Hey, was wondering if anyone is updating the recipe lists?
I'm having trouble finding recipes for simple things like glass panes LoL
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

myrrdan wrote:Hey, was wondering if anyone is updating the recipe lists?
I'm having trouble finding recipes for simple things like glass panes LoL
Glass panes have nothing to do with BTW. I suggest you check out the Minecraft wiki for stuff like that.
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

lol i'm sorry, i never even thought it would be vmc. thanks for clearing that up.
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I'm about 10% done on a recipe list. It keeps getting pushed behind finishing my automated breeding farm. Plus, I'm not a graphics artist so it wouldn't look as good as durandr's did.
IGN: Camerinthus