Outstanding mod! :)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Alrin

Outstanding mod! :)

Post by Alrin »

Hi, wanted to take the time to give a standing ovation to the pure awesome of this mod.
I first saw this on the yogscast back in 1.7 I think but was too busy with creative mode builds on the server I play on. Then figured I would give this thing a shot during the urgh-prerelease spam that is 1.9 and wow, I've really been mesmerized by this thing :)
I can't profess to being a machine/factory genious when it comes to BTW but the possibilities that are just .. THERE. It's wicked cool.
There is a factor of amusement when comparing the adventure updates to your work. The massive effort they funnel into adding "for the lulz" stuff and then getting destroyed by this mod is pretty funny :P
Really looking forward to the future of Steves tech trees! Sofar I'm lovin' it and really dig the saw giving us more decorative players a chance to detail some stuff more :)

Notch: Spends weeks on adding a dragon(uh?) and a dungeon boss to the game and randomly jumping from half-finished features to new features that are 'fun'.
FlowerChild: Adds a switch to disable players ability to place water source blocks and.... completely turns how the game plays on it's head.

Sir, you have my respect. *tips hat*

(might post some humble screens of my base later)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Outstanding mod! :)

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man! Much obliged :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Threads like this even make me feel all warm and fuzzy, you must love them, fc :D
Alrin

Post by Alrin »

It's rather funny, without the option to move water source block they suddenly become the most precious resource when you find them away from a body of water. Now, to build a system of funneling that stream from that hillside down into a hempfarm. Hmmm. *equips thinking hat*
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Alrin wrote:Notch: Spends weeks on adding a dragon(uh?) and a dungeon boss to the game and randomly jumping from half-finished features to new features that are 'fun'.
FlowerChild: Adds a switch to disable players ability to place water source blocks and.... completely turns how the game plays on it's head.
This.

Notch makes awesome games with dragons.
FC elevates it into art.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

As I said in a different thread, this is why I'm waiting for that donation button eagerly!

*taps foot impatiently*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

See, this is whats great about having a separate forum for BTW.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:As I said in a different thread, this is why I'm waiting for that donation button eagerly!

*taps foot impatiently*
I think this is the first time I've ever been nagged to allow people to give me money :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:
morvelaira wrote:As I said in a different thread, this is why I'm waiting for that donation button eagerly!

*taps foot impatiently*
I think this is the first time I've ever been nagged to allow people to give me money :)
Yeah, I'm kind of weird like that. Isn't it nice, though?
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: Yeah, I'm kind of weird like that. Isn't it nice, though?
I've got no issues with it :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:

*taps foot impatiently*
bazilshep

Post by bazilshep »

Indeed, OP. This mod is absolutely amazing. It is the single best and most balanced mod I have seen. I would say that this should be included in vMC but then FC wouldn't have the ability and freedom to continually improve it like he does. Also, FC seems to take a lot of flack for being harsh on suggestions, but I would hate to see this mod if everyone could add their two cents (myself included). The fact that he still even listens to good suggestions given the proportion that are terrible is quite impressive. The community also deserves a lot of credit for weeding out the bad ones.
TLDR: Thanks FC, keep up the excellent work.
FarseerWraith07

Post by FarseerWraith07 »

I am a lurker on here, but a avid user of this mod.

I am VERY glad to have picked it up and base everything I do in Minecraft around this mod.

It is a must have. Period.

Outstanding work, FC.

I look forward to what the future holds. :)