Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
TyberAlyx

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by TyberAlyx »

Is this invitation only? or anyone who ask could join? :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

You need to be whitelisted in order to log into the server, but for now I pretty much whitelist everybody that wishes to be on the server (that are part of these forums).
TyberAlyx

Post by TyberAlyx »

Could I join? :)

TyberAlyx is my username.
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

FaceFoiled wrote:
Rachey wrote:Hello, I did post a message before but it got no response and I even mailed FaceFoiled via private message, just wondering if you missed both or if there's no room :x I would just like a reply if that is ok? :x
Heya Rachey, I am afraid that I simply missed your post in the forums :( My apologies for that. You have been whitelisted. =) (tracked down your previous post that had your username in it). I was not able to locate your PM though, did you perhaps send it from another account?

Welcome to Edolas now though! :) The Edolas server ip is: 83.222.240.184:30765

Thank you :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

TyberAlyx wrote:Could I join? :)

TyberAlyx is my username.
Done! Welcome to Edolas :) See the above information for the server ip :).
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

It appears that the Pharoahs tomb has been looted by treasure diggers. From the looks of things it was Indiana Jones, or Lara Croft.. possibly both...

I have had word that an ancient shipwreck was uncovered though, near the southern end of the known world. (Hint: Southern railway station, Dynmap). =)
M!C

Post by M!C »

FaceFoiled wrote:It appears that the Pharoahs tomb has been looted by treasure diggers. From the looks of things it was Indiana Jones, or Lara Croft.. possibly both...

I have had word that an ancient shipwreck was uncovered though, near the southern end of the known world. (Hint: Southern railway station, Dynmap). =)
Ah, so that's what you were doing this morning. :P
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Can I join?
My username is Husbag.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I was wondering what the most active hours are to play. Lately I've had some bad luck in that regard and it ends up being me by myself all the time
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
M!C

Post by M!C »

Gilberreke wrote:I was wondering what the most active hours are to play. Lately I've had some bad luck in that regard and it ends up being me by myself all the time
I think there are no most active hours atm. Since I'm in my autumn holidays right now I monitor the server a lot and the most I've seen online in the last few days were 2 guys at once ...
screally

Post by screally »

I'm taking a break to look after my foot, sorry :D

Try not to miss me too much!
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

The active hours are probably based on peoples time zone.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I had fun talking to people through that dynamic map, Its nice to see people all doing their own things !
This server will be mental once BTW is SMP !
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I'm not very active lately because I have something else I'm working on. I try to get on most weekends though.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I currently have no plans to take the server down, regardless of activity on it. I'd like to see the server occupied and used at all times, but Edolas will exist anyway. :)

I myself am currently not playing much at all. Battlefield 3 just got out, and its amazing. :P I will mostly spend my time there I think. I will finish my nightshift this week though, so when I get back to my normal pattern and my normal 3 day weekends I should be on more again as well. :)
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

Sargunster, I want your sandstooooone.

and willing to trade dirt. Or hell, let me go rip up the sandstone and put down dirt on my own?
Otherwise I will go find some nearer to my place but this helps us both.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I have some sandstone for sale in the market. Or you could take the sanstone and replace it with dirt in my desert.
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

I am considering asking to be whitelisted, though I would like to know a few things first.
I do not play any multiplayer games, minecraft included and would like to know what to expect.
I am not very social, though I am growing past that, and would like to know of any important rules, requirememnts, or expectations I might not be aware of.
Also, never having played on a server before, what would I have to do to be able to?

I don't expect to be very frequent on the server, nor do I expect to communicate much, though if I can break through my distrust of strangers I will probably contribute more.

I am typing in simple sentences for a fear of lack of clarity, and hope it is not seen as arrogance. I am also terrified you will all suddenly hate me everytime I post, so I apologise for not being a very active member of this forum. I'm sure you don't actually care about that, but saying it makes me feel better albiet more vulnerable.
screally

Post by screally »

Dark_Tundra wrote:I am considering asking to be whitelisted, though I would like to know a few things first.
I do not play any multiplayer games, minecraft included and would like to know what to expect.
I am not very social, though I am growing past that, and would like to know of any important rules, requirememnts, or expectations I might not be aware of.
Also, never having played on a server before, what would I have to do to be able to?

I don't expect to be very frequent on the server, nor do I expect to communicate much, though if I can break through my distrust of strangers I will probably contribute more.

I am typing in simple sentences for a fear of lack of clarity, and hope it is not seen as arrogance. I am also terrified you will all suddenly hate me everytime I post, so I apologise for not being a very active member of this forum. I'm sure you don't actually care about that, but saying it makes me feel better albiet more vulnerable.
Honestly, the server isn't frequently populated in my experience, and people are generally busy doing their own thing, and will only talk to you very rarely... so it's fairly similar to playing single player minecraft. The only real differences are

1) There are structures and changes to the environment that you don't make yourself, which can be fun to explore
2) If you do need help, you can request it, or if someone is online and in a talkative mood, you can have a casual chat.

Other than that, as I said, its vMC with a few plug-ins. And the obvious do not grief other peoples creations.
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

In that case I will request to be whitelisted. FaceFoiled, If it is alright with you, would you please whitelist me.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Hopefully he lets you in. I know he's been very busy these days playing BF3 :P
M!C

Post by M!C »

Dark_Tundra wrote:In that case I will request to be whitelisted. FaceFoiled, If it is alright with you, would you please whitelist me.
Do you use the same name here as in Minecraft? If not you need to tell FF your MC-name so he can whitelist you.
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

M!C wrote:Do you use the same name here as in Minecraft? If not you need to tell FF your MC-name so he can whitelist you.
Sorry, yes, name is the same here as Minecraft. I was so focused on not messing up my post that I forgot to mention.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

If you take a break from playing BF3, could you whitelist me as well? I've been wanting to try out multiplayer MC for a while now, and I can't think of a group of people that I'd rather play with than the members of this forum :)

My MC username is qweasdzxcvd (yeah, yeah, I know)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Dark_Tundra wrote:Sorry, yes, name is the same here as Minecraft. I was so focused on not messing up my post that I forgot to mention.
Welcome to Edolas :)
Briali wrote:My MC username is qweasdzxcvd (yeah, yeah, I know)
Welcome to Edolas :)
Husbag3 wrote:My username is Husbag
Welcome to Edolas :) and sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed you in the replies, but noticed the request when going through the last few. :)

The Edolas server ip is: 83.222.240.184:30765