TechPack Energy 0.2 - BTW/BC addon

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gilberreke

Re: TechPack Energy 0.2 - BTW/BC addon

Post by Gilberreke »

Yeah, I'm sorry, right now there's no real documentation for install, etc. I'll do that later. Right now I'm making it configurable :3
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Confirmed it working for BC 2.2.1, works like a charm, instant on/off. I noticed I could not place an axle directly on the engine, not a problem at all, just thought I would make you aware of it, if you are not already.
dwightschied

Post by dwightschied »

Long time lurker in these threads, first post.

First off thank you Flower for making such a great mod and thanks Gilberreke for making a sensible cross over addition between this and buildcraft. Also Jorgebonafe for his Btw to IC2 cross over mod.

Okay, with that out the way, onto my problem. when removing the mechanical engine im getting a "saving chunks" error and crash. I've tried to remove engine with pick axe, regular axe, and bare fist, all yielding the same result. Upon reload the engine is gone and the game continues to run normally. Futhermore, when viewing the statistic's block page, i get the same error. My theory is the two are connected because the statistic's folder is trying to display the mechanical enginge and crashes.

I run a bunch of mods Btw (2.96), IC2(1.15), BC(2.2.1), Red Power 2(pre release), and ID resolver(1.8.1 forge edition) being the big ones. Treecapitator, recipe book, wireless redstone, and zan's mini map among the minor ones. I did install the techpack mod by dragging files into the jar folder, instead of just placing in the mods folder. I'm uncertain if this would of caused the "saving chunks" crash, but from what ive read in other posts here and and other forums, it shouldn't be an issue correct?

Other than this minor issue everything works well together. If needed i can get a crash report for you, otherwise, just wanted to post a posibible bug for you to look into.

Again thanks for the great cross over mod. i dont think i could ever go back to playing vanilla minecraft.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Thank you for that insightful post. I will look into it, it might be a BC 2.2.1 compatibility bug
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Just a heads up that I've been feeling sick the last few days, so I don't have many hours of clear head to work with.

I am working on a release though, and here's a list of changes:
- BuildCraft 2.2.1 block removal bug fixed
- Configuration file
- New way of texture loading from the BTW file
- Recipe change
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Take all the time to rest up that you need. I want to encourage you with this, as much as I want to encourage FlowerChild with BTW. Your work and ideas are appreciated. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Definitely plan to follow this. I kinda Minecrafted out for a little while, haven't even been on the SMP servers I play on much less SSP. When I come back though, I'm planning to build a large fort that will include many elements of IC2, BC and BTW, and maybe a few others (I'm thinking maybe EE, Bookshelves and Redpower).

Definitely gonna make a full library with all the TES books if I do use bookshelves-- not because of the Bethesda vs. Mojang thing, but because I'm a long time TES lover and the books range from subtly insightful to downright riotously funny.

This energy pack will certainly help in my undertaking to create a functional dam which will be providing ALL the power. Now instead of having to make complex alternator systems and whatnot to go from Mechanical to Redstone/Electrical/Engine.

It's looking good, man, can't wait to see more.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Is this mod dead now, or just a little break? (only asking because BC is 2.2.4 is out)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I gradually got more ill over the last week. My blood pressure is back to normal, but I'm still not able to concentrate very long (headaches and all).

I'll make an update when I feel better, but I can't promise anything for now
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Gilberreke wrote:I gradually got more ill over the last week. My blood pressure is back to normal, but I'm still not able to concentrate very long (headaches and all).

I'll make an update when I feel better, but I can't promise anything for now
Oh nos:( Feel better, man, the update can wait.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Oh nos:( Feel better, man, the update can wait.
It has its merits, I'm taking the time to actually spend some time playing 1.8, something I hadn't gotten around to :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Hope you get better soon man :]

On topic, I like cross-mod interaction mods, they make playing with more than one mod so much more fun ;)
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said