Not sure if it is MC or BTW

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Xecaquan

Not sure if it is MC or BTW

Post by Xecaquan »

Not really a bug or a suggestion.

Problem with the dispersion of items from a minecart sucked in by a block dispenser.
I guess I can do a work around by encasing my Minecarts with blocks pushed by pistons but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

Issue is the items fly all over the place in every direction, some over 2 blocks away, others go up through blocks as well. Some item as well get stuck in blocks near by (this is fixed using pistons). I would say only about 70% of a full minecrat's items drop right were the cart was.

Made a movie but it is rather large so working on getting Movie maker installed and then will upload it someplace.
Last edited by Xecaquan on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Not sure if it is MC or BTW

Post by sargunv »

Xecaquan wrote:Not really a bug or a suggestion.

Problem with the dispersion of items from a minecart sucked in by a block dispenser.
Not a suggestion or really a bug. I guess I can do a work around by encasing my Minecarts with blocks pushed by pistons but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

Issue is the items fly all over the place in every direction, some over 2 blocks away, others go up through blocks as well. Some item as well get stuck in blocks near by (this is fixed using pistons). I would say only about 70% of a full minecrat's items drop right were the cart was.

Made a movie but it is rather large so working on getting Movie maker installed and then will upload it someplace.
Just use a 1x1 space to unload it in. Send a water flow in after to grab the stuck items.
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

Yea what I am currently doing, basically. But I have items flying back along my inbound track as well. Not each time but trying to make an attendance free system. As it is now I have to go check to make sure resources are not sitting on the tracks. As well I have items that are passing through the single block walls if the cart is full (have not tried more solid walls as the current system is in the middle of my production floor.).

My water system is actually several blocks below it, I just use the block dispensers to create an open space below where the cart used to be
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Xecaquan wrote:Yea what I am currently doing, basically. But I have items flying back along my inbound track as well. Not each time but trying to make an attendance free system. As it is now I have to go check to make sure resources are not sitting on the tracks. As well I have items that are passing through the single block walls if the cart is full (have not tried more solid walls as the current system is in the middle of my production floor.).

My water system is actually several blocks below it, I just use the block dispensers to create an open space below where the cart used to be
I've had this issue as well, actually. More solid walls will not fix it, stuff still flies out and gets stuck. I don't have to worry about inbound track, since I use an elevator and a piston, but I still have things flying above and around my unloading mechanism. I'm probably going to get annoyed eventually and just make a large room underground to unload in, but it would be nice to do it with the 4x4x4 area my current system uses.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, this an issue in the way vanilla MC ejects items from a storage cart when it is destroyed. I *might* be able to do an override of this in the future when the cart is swallowed specifically by a BD.

Will put it on my long-term todo list, but I likely won't get to it soon so it's not really a mod-specific issue and I'm fairly sick of fixing odds and ends at the moment instead of working on features ;)
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

NP flower I assumed it was an issue with MC itself, why I posted here to see if anyone had some suggestions.
I've had this issue as well, actually. More solid walls will not fix it, stuff still flies out and gets stuck. I don't have to worry about inbound track, since I use an elevator and a piston, but I still have things flying above and around my unloading mechanism. I'm probably going to get annoyed eventually and just make a large room underground to unload in, but it would be nice to do it with the 4x4x4 area my current system uses.
Yea my old 1.6 system was just a single dispenser over tracks over my water system. I would just walk to the track pick and toss the items that landed there. But with the pistons I am now using a much more complex system of dispensers to pick up tracks and the blocks beneath them to allow for the items to drop below. However, I am running in to an issue now of the items "flying" through my dispensers and wiring areas. I found that pistons do work to help remove items stuck in far walls. So basically I have dispensers on one side (pulling and rebuilding what i want there) and blocks pushed by pistons on the other that sandwich the area like the trash disposal in Star Wars :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

You should try to make the items fall into a 2x1 hole, it would help. I've got like 98% of the items falling this way. And with a 4x4 hole, you'll get 100%.