A Question about Rope

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
AngelWithDirtyHands

A Question about Rope

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

I've been wondering about future uses for rope. The hemp fibre part of the tech tree has a lot of possible future uses, from cloth to nets to sacks, etc. Additionally, rope at present is very easy to make - in reality, a lot more effort is needed. In Chatham, for instance, the dockland ropery is a quarter of a mile long...

Basically, I was curious as to where people thought this area could go :) I'm sure some of you have some interesting ideas.

If this is the wrong place to post this, please tell me, but after reading the forum rules it seemed ok to ask about this here ^_^
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
Awfulcopter

Re: A Question about Rope

Post by Awfulcopter »

I'l like a grappling hook that would act as an anchor that you could throw, or shoot with a bow.

I'd like to be able to connect rope to an anchor at both ends, and have it hang down in catenary curves, and be able to make rope bridges.

I'd like to be able to use rope as a lifeline. Assuming you kept enough pitons and rope in your inventory, you would only fall 10 blocks before beong brought up short by your safety rope.

I'd like to be able to make rope safety nets that you could fall onto without taking damage.

I'd like to be able to swing on ropes.

I'd like rope to be ablle to transfer the pulling force of a piston to a remote block. I'd like to be able to make the rope go around corners with a pulley.

But really, the stuff you can do with ropes already is pretty awesome.
Urian

Re: A Question about Rope

Post by Urian »

1) Suggestions should be made in the suggestions forum.
2) The idea of grappling hook and bridges have been addressed before. It will (most likely) not be included. There is a mod for it though, here's the link. You can use water to break falls, press shift when descending on a ladder (and perhaps on a rope?) to stop and swinging requires changes to the game mechanics(/physics engine?).

Thread locked.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea