Seeds in Millstone -> Flour or Seeds in Cauldron -> Bulgur

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Magmarashi

Re: Seeds in Millstone -> Flour or Seeds in Cauldron -> Bulg

Post by Magmarashi »

It also doesn't have to fit into the current tech-tree immediatly, either. Oils may come into a use later on down the road that makes perfect sense.

If not, well, Fire bombs! We already have fabric and, in 1.9 pre, bottles. Now we just need an oppressive government to aim them at!
SCIENCE!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Magmarashi wrote: If not, well, Fire bombs! We already have fabric and, in 1.9 pre, bottles. Now we just need an oppressive government to aim them at!
Given Steve's current path in life, I suspect he's much more likely to form an oppressive government than combat one :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Remember remember, the 11th of November
The gunpowder creeper blew up.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Remember remember, the 11th of November
The gunpowder creeper blew up.
God damn it. I think you just inspired me to put out a release involving explosives on the 11th.

Let's here it for the Guy Fawkes release :)
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

The 11th of november?

Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Get it right guys! Yeesh. (No. I'm not British. I do however live in NZ, and we celebrate Guy Fawkes over here, because hey, high explosives! pretty lights on fire in the sky! shennagins! Why on earth not?)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Mrchaim wrote:The 11th of november?

Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Get it right guys! Yeesh. (No. I'm not British. I do however live in NZ, and we celebrate Guy Fawkes over here, because hey, high explosives! pretty lights on fire in the sky! shennagins! Why on earth not?)
The 11th of November is the date Notch has set as Minecraft's release date :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Pretty sure he was referring to the vMC release date. Finally someone remembered that Guy Fawkes was trying to put a more repressive government into power!
Better is the enemy of Good
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Urian wrote:The 11th of November is the date Notch has set as Minecraft's release date :)
...We'll pretend i totally noticed that. Right? Right?
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Mrchaim wrote:
Urian wrote:The 11th of November is the date Notch has set as Minecraft's release date :)
...We'll pretend i totally noticed that. Right? Right?
Also the date got moved to the 18th (Minecon date as well) so that it doesn't clash with Skyrim's release.

Guy Fawkes night (in NZ) is bland since they started banning all the fun fireworks, losing a finger or an eye would teach today's kids a lot about responsibility. I miss double-happys and skyrockets, roman candles are boring, although at least the fire service has an easier time of it now.

Err, semi-back on topic, gunpower + seeds = explosive planting of seeds? Okay I got nothing.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Doh! Ok, fuck it, I'll put out a release on the 5th of November then ;)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Is that going to be the next release or just the date for a future release?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Husbag3 wrote:Is that going to be the next release or just the date for a future release?
No no, I'll definitely put out releases before then. I'm likely to put out one later today actually.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Mrchaim wrote: I do however live in NZ, and we celebrate Guy Fawkes over here, because hey, high explosives! pretty lights on fire in the sky! shennagins! Why on earth not?)
I thought Britain was the only place that celebrated it !
Gosh, the more you know i guess ! ;)

EDIT: You know it actually sucks living in England for me, because Flower always puts out the releases when I'm in bed !
Usually at around 3am GMT, but its nice to have something to wake up to ! ;)
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Anyway, back on topic, i know FC said that there would be no extra food recipes but you could cook bread in a cauldron with seeds to get a granary loaf. This would give the food cooking abilities of the cauldron another edge over the furnace.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

It would have to heal an extra chicken wing for your effort though, because I fucking hate granary bread !
It could be nice to have some extra food though, and we're certainly not short of item ID's !

Got to think about FC's time though, of course.
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Just wanted to say that it's a good idea.
Also, it's not spelled "Bulgur" but instead "Burgul". At least I think so, since in Israel (Where I live) they say "Burgul" (בורגול).

EDIT: huh. it seems as if both are correct in English. Wierd.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
mybumhurts

Post by mybumhurts »

Triskelli wrote:Just throwing this out there, but maybe we can grind down seeds in the mill (Or some yet-to-be-introduced block) and make Seed Oil? Granted, that's more in preparation of more advanced machines and is of dubious use...

i like the idea of getting oil from seeds ALOT. but using the oil as a fuel for lamps that can cut the bed rock fog. but they run out of oil arfter 5-8 in game days so that the player has something they have to maintain.

Imagen. your happily mining away or exploring a cave or whatever then suddenly your thrown into darkness and have no idea how to get outer where you are. you here the sound of a zombie, you run. you have no idea if your running the right way or if your about to run into a wall then you see some light and you can rest once more knowing your not going to loos all your dimdonds just because you couldn't be bothered to fill up those lamps.

this would also give people a reason to use the light block as a luxary therefore giving them more stuff to do
i regret my user name.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

mybumhurts wrote:i like the idea of getting oil from seeds ALOT. but using the oil as a fuel for lamps that can cut the bed rock fog. but they run out of oil arfter 5-8 in game days so that the player has something they have to maintain.

Imagen. your happily mining away or exploring a cave or whatever then suddenly your thrown into darkness and have no idea how to get outer where you are. you here the sound of a zombie, you run. you have no idea if your running the right way or if your about to run into a wall then you see some light and you can rest once more knowing your not going to loos all your dimdonds just because you couldn't be bothered to fill up those lamps.
I'm imagining. It seems like a great way to be either bored maintaining your lamps, or killed in what might feel like a very unfair fashion. In particular, the whole problem of fog is that it makes large, deep areas essentially useless and trying to perform upkeep on a large area will quickly deplete all your time. Furthermore, there would be no reason not to put a torch next to every lamp just to prevent monsters spawning if the lamp dies. And I suspect running timers on however many objects at once would be a pretty large computing resource drain, compared to what it would offer the game.

Also, since you capitalized its name, I figure you must really want an Alot. Here you go:
Spoiler
Show
I like the idea of oil from seeds, but it seems redundant with tallow for a lot of things, given that some degree of abstraction (all soils are dirt, all minerals are grey stone, etc) is required anyway.
What Strange Devices!
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

FlowerChild wrote: Nah, I'd need to pick a particular feature to be better than...

Better Than Iron Sights?

Nah...I like iron sights...

Hmmmm...glad the Call of Duty series isn't open to modding :)
Better Than Hit Scanning.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Urian wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
Husbag3 wrote: Is that sarcasm or real? I don't know if B-52s will fit in any time soon....
I almost had to issue you a warning for having to ask :)
You should definitely add B-52s! It's the logical next step as soon as you've added Grand Marnier, Irish Cream and Kahlua!
No way I want my screech first.
Lady Eternity

Post by Lady Eternity »

FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, the trail-off in the effectiveness of seeds is something that's been bugging me as well, but I don't think creating a new food item is the answer.

The problem is that food itself becomes an oversaturated resource at a certain point, hence the rendering functionality built into the cauldron.

I completely agree with you. There really is no point to having an over abundance of food items.

I rather like the idea of a compost block. Perhaps have a normal 9 slot crafting grid. Could be filled up in units of 64 per slot. Would require one organic based item in each slot to produce compost. Compost blocks could need low light, and take some time to break the organic compounds down. Would be a nifty way of getting rid of all the excess organic items Steve or Steve-ette might have lying around.

I am not sure if enough usefulness could be found for such a block as to constitute its creation. I suppose later on...much later on..in the tech tree the compost block could be used in the creation of bio-fuel, if you deem something like that appropriate.

I do look forward to anything you come up with however, as I too end up with quite a few chests full of seeds and not much to use them on.

Lady Eternity
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Lady Eternity wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, the trail-off in the effectiveness of seeds is something that's been bugging me as well, but I don't think creating a new food item is the answer.

The problem is that food itself becomes an oversaturated resource at a certain point, hence the rendering functionality built into the cauldron.

I completely agree with you. There really is no point to having an over abundance of food items.

I rather like the idea of a compost block. Perhaps have a normal 9 slot crafting grid. Could be filled up in units of 64 per slot. Would require one organic based item in each slot to produce compost. Compost blocks could need low light, and take some time to break the organic compounds down. Would be a nifty way of getting rid of all the excess organic items Steve or Steve-ette might have lying around.

I am not sure if enough usefulness could be found for such a block as to constitute its creation. I suppose later on...much later on..in the tech tree the compost block could be used in the creation of bio-fuel, if you deem something like that appropriate.

I do look forward to anything you come up with however, as I too end up with quite a few chests full of seeds and not much to use them on.

Lady Eternity
I kind of like this idea, except is seems to be just getting rid of the items, which can be done with cactus or lava. I'd much rather see it as a way to grow mushrooms, or maybe even a fertilizer. A way to grow grass without spreading it from adjacent grass blocks could be very useful
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

Compost could be a requirement of the planters. Now that they don't require water buckets they're a bit unbalanced.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

fullsailor wrote:Compost could be a requirement of the planters. Now that they don't require water buckets they're a bit unbalanced.
^This!
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

Random idea related to the post (abbreviation: "RIRTTP"): The millstone could separate the flower from the seeds!
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.