Wool Problem in 1.8 and BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Alexia

Wool Problem in 1.8 and BTW

Post by Alexia »

I tend to use a lot of wool in my survival game designs, but since we now can not use hemp, and sheep don't respawn....I very hard to find wool...and I don't wanna spend half my game searching for spiders to farm string, or searching miles and miles just to get a few sheep....and mob traps aren't that reliable for spiders really.

So how do we now farm/make wool since 1.8 and the hemp recipe removal? :/
screally

Re: Wool Problem in 1.8 and BTW

Post by screally »

Farm sheep. In my opinion its probably a lot easier to get wool now than it was before, especialyl in 1.8. Simply fence off a pair of sheep, feed them and their offspring a ton of wheat, and shear them. After shearing you can kill them if they are wasting space, but ensure you have at least two left for breeding purposes.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

I've gotten most of my wool from my mob trap and the huge abandoned mineshaft that i found while mining. It works quite nicely for me.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

screally wrote:Farm sheep. In my opinion its probably a lot easier to get wool now than it was before, especially in 1.8. Simply fence off a pair of sheep, feed them and their offspring a ton of wheat, and shear them. After shearing you can kill them if they are wasting space, but ensure you have at least two left for breeding purposes.
You mean 1.9, right?
You can't breed animals in 1.8, and BTW is 1.8 right now.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

Well i can easily use 300+ wool blocks on one room alone, so traps and hunting in 1.8 isn't practical.

Its a shame that say 4 hemp fibers couldn't make 1 wool block, this would skip the string part FC is uncomfortable with, or maybe even use the fabric it makes.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

farming will be the best idea as in future updates wool will regrow on sheep.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
M!C

Post by M!C »

The great randomo wrote:farming will be the best idea as in future updates wool will regrow on sheep.
The problem is that the next update is scheduled for November 18th ... at least I don't want to wait that long ...
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Find an abandoned mine shaft, there are spider webs EVERYWHERE in those things. Make sue you bring extra swords! If you find a cave spider spawner it bound to be surrounded by literrally hundreds of webs.
screally

Post by screally »

itamarcu wrote:
screally wrote:Farm sheep. In my opinion its probably a lot easier to get wool now than it was before, especially in 1.8. Simply fence off a pair of sheep, feed them and their offspring a ton of wheat, and shear them. After shearing you can kill them if they are wasting space, but ensure you have at least two left for breeding purposes.
You mean 1.9, right?
You can't breed animals in 1.8, and BTW is 1.8 right now.
Derped, and got 1.9 pre release 1/2 mixed with 1.8