Dynamo v1.36 - BTW/IC² Addon

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gilberreke

Re: Dynamo v1.21 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by Gilberreke »

SmithOfDreams wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:
SmithOfDreams wrote:While your working BTW axle power to IC2, can you make a block to change axle power to BC 'pressure'?
Uhh.. what? you mean to transmit power to BC engines? If so, I'm not planning on making that.
Not the engines, I guess I'm thinking more of allowing an axle provide power/pressure as if it was an engine.
Alternativly will the block that you have made turn the electrical power back into axle rotation?
I already made that mod and it works, check my mod thread.

I'm releasing the next version soon (it's ready, haven't had time to release)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

SmithOfDreams wrote: Not the engines, I guess I'm thinking more of allowing an axle provide power/pressure as if it was an engine.
No, sorry. As Gilberreke said, check his Thread
SmithOfDreams wrote: Alternativly will the block that you have made turn the electrical power back into axle rotation?
Maybe in the future. But don't expect it any time soon.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
myrrlyn

Post by myrrlyn »

Hey, since you made it so that BTW can power IC, and the other chap whose name I cannot remember or spell at the moment made it so that BTW can power BC, I don't suppose one of you could finish this nice little modding triangle with a transformer to turn IC's energy units into BuildCraft...power? I know this is absolutely and totally the wrong forum for this, but I can correct that with this next complaint/request.

Will BTW be released for SMP? My roommate and I recently discovered the joys of working together on mega projects instead of apart, so SSP-only mods, however awesome they may be, are unusable.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

myrrlyn wrote:Will BTW be released for SMP?
It will, but there's no date on it yet. I believe FC is waiting on some SMP changes coming eventually, so SMP BTW probably won't be here for a while.
myrrlyn

Post by myrrlyn »

Wunderbar! should probably play around with it in SSP then so I know what I'm doing.
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

myrrlyn wrote:Hey, since you made it so that BTW can power IC, and the other chap whose name I cannot remember or spell at the moment made it so that BTW can power BC, I don't suppose one of you could finish this nice little modding triangle with a transformer to turn IC's energy units into BuildCraft...power? I know this is absolutely and totally the wrong forum for this, but I can correct that with this next complaint/request.

Will BTW be released for SMP? My roommate and I recently discovered the joys of working together on mega projects instead of apart, so SSP-only mods, however awesome they may be, are unusable.
Some guy made a electric engine, although he hasnt finished it yet. [thats IC2 -> BC power]

BTW will problay become SMP somewhere in the far future, no promises from Flowerchild though. [He did say SMP was coming a LONG time ago, back when i was a lurker]
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Blueblade11 wrote:
myrrlyn wrote:Hey, since you made it so that BTW can power IC, and the other chap whose name I cannot remember or spell at the moment made it so that BTW can power BC, I don't suppose one of you could finish this nice little modding triangle with a transformer to turn IC's energy units into BuildCraft...power? I know this is absolutely and totally the wrong forum for this, but I can correct that with this next complaint/request.

Some guy made a electric engine, although he hasnt finished it yet. [thats IC2 -> BC power]

BTW will problay become SMP somewhere in the far future, no promises from Flowerchild though. [He did say SMP was coming a LONG time ago, back when i was a lurker]
Featuri was working on the electrical BC engine on the IC^2 team... but last I heard he was hitting terrible snags with said project...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.3 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Update. Added a motor block that converts IC² medium voltage into mechanical power.
Simone

Post by Simone »

jorgebonafe wrote:Update. Added a motor block that converts IC² medium voltage into mechanical power.
yay! \o/
THE_BOOMZ

Post by THE_BOOMZ »

It seems that once a redstone current is applied to the motor, it no longer sucks up power from the generators but it still produces mechanical power.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

F***.... I'll check that out, thanks... I always miss something, it seems....
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.31 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Fixed redstone bug
THE_BOOMZ

Post by THE_BOOMZ »

Hooray I was of some use :)
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Since motor uses medium voltage shouldn't recipe require gold cable instead of copped one? Just a minor nit-pick, great job on the mod in general.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Wow, you are right, how didn't I see that? Thanks for pointing it out
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.32 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ok, recipe update done
Brethern

Re: Dynamo v1.33 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by Brethern »

So the latest version is crashing minecraft, and IDresolver isn't doing anything to help. I know it's a block ID but I have no idea what Id's are left to use, at last count I had 38.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Humm... You can try to delete the ID Resolver config files and let it config the IDs all over again. But I thing this will make you loose your worlds.... Or else... I don't know a way to see what ID's are still available, sorry.. Maybe ask that in the ID Resolver thread?
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

So I finally got it fixed, I had to reinstall IDresolver since it got deactived some how.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Good to know it worked
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.34 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Updated to BTW 2.99
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.35 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Updated to BTW 3.0
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

Why does it need to be updated for each version of BTW?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Well, it doesn't, not necessarily, unless anything drastic changes... But who knows... better safe then sorry
DaveYanakov

Re: Dynamo v1.36 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by DaveYanakov »

Just wanted to share what I've been doing with this addition. Still working on building more dynamos and higher voltage handling before I bother to finish the spillway.
Spoiler
Show
Better is the enemy of Good