Growing Trees for Wood and Apples

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shane J. Filomena

Growing Trees for Wood and Apples

Post by Shane J. Filomena »

Years ago when I started my World, I actually started Twice ( Was blown up by a Creeper my First time scouting for food and wood, I was returning to my dugout in the Jungle and BANG! )
Anyway, my second world is the one I have played Since. Set in the Snow, I can see the Hostiles better However, there were not many trees for Wood so I had to make my own.
Living in the Arctic Circle I am very aware of Global Warming and was happy to see Minecraft 1.2.5 reacts to too many warm things in it's Snow Biome. I once planted many trees and the reaction on my map was terrifying for me.
Today I have a stand of trees just out back of my main house - which used to be two mountains that I dug into and claimed -
You would notice the "tight space" by my first food chest as the original part of the mine that became my Fortress -
These trees I planted serv (did I spell that right? ) as my source for back up wood and Apples.

I harvest around 6 - 12 or so Apples here and there, replanting the trees where they were. I know it does not sound like alot to randomly go out and chop trees for maybe a dozen apples, but I have tons of food , mainly I eat sheep meat ( sheep meat Mod )
and leave the other food for my Clones ( CloneTech Mod ).
The Impact on the enviroment does not seem to be too bad, so I try , if anything to reduce the number of trees when I think they are growing too close to each other.

you can check out more of my world from my previous post :
https://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/vie ... c22ddef68f
Where I posted images and links to the save / Mods folder I zipped up
Battosay

Re: Growing Trees for Wood and Apples

Post by Battosay »

Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures, and glad to see others like me still enjoying the game after all this time !
It's super rare to see people play in old worlds and on such old version of the mod, along with other mods that became incompatible over time, so feel free to share whenever you feel like it, I'll be happy to see it :)

Also, you should join the BTW Discord channel if you can, that's where most of the discussion is happening these days !
https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx

Take care :)
Shane J. Filomena

Re: Growing Trees for Wood and Apples

Post by Shane J. Filomena »

All those years ago, I walked into the house to find my Nephew's children playing Internet games.
First I saw them playing Minecraft .. So I made a purchase of a game copy ( $16 USD - which was actually Refunded ) and have kept that copy all this time.
Living with Wood and Propane heating sources isn't great for computers - so I lost afew along the way. However with each new computer I download the modern version then replace the folder with the original one.
What do I need with a new world ?
And all those wonderful creatures they have today were nice as Mods,
but I have tons of food that not even my clones can consume fast enough ! .
I spent a great deal of time gaining and loosing XP to deaths, harvesting food or farming .. trying to improve villages...
But today I reduced the world to the most common places I visit ( Keeping the Sky Bridge I spent so many nights building ).

Later the Kids were playing RuneScape then World of warcraft .. I tried each so I could understand what they were doing and see the communities in the games .. decided they were fine .. but MineCraft has always had me held captive, so much work I put into building and testing things .. Creeper blowing me up was the Nail in the Coffin .. I was NOT leaving another world simply because of some green bully.