Those Puppies look nothing like me :)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shane J. Filomena

Those Puppies look nothing like me :)

Post by Shane J. Filomena »

After all this time I STILL play my version of 1.2.5 randomly
with the original world I spent far too much time making things in ..
It is difficult with the modern changes when I look things up - I get distracted by fancy goodies :)

However, my world is carefully managed - I use an editor to delete chunks of areas I don't go to
(they generate with the seed )
but I have BTW & Minecolony RC19 .. I am happy playing in my little areas.

I recently have been on the crafting lists trying to remember things, I just re-did my original Kiln area,
The Bellows have always been a little touchy, but I have an old " new world " where everything works great -
So I just decided to wreck the place and remodel use less Axels and gear boxes.

Anyway, I want to Thank Everyone that has Kept BTW alive and well.
EpicAaron

Re: Those Puppies look nothing like me :)

Post by EpicAaron »

Shane J. Filomena wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:27 am However, my world is carefully managed - I use an editor to delete chunks of areas I don't go to
(they generate with the seed )
but I have BTW & Minecolony RC19 .. I am happy playing in my little areas.
Post base pics :P
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Shane J. Filomena

Okay - a few Pictures, I guess I can show off, only one person ever seen / played my world in all these years ( he kept getting lost )
The Mods Installed Are:
Simply Horses, My People (Clone Tech ), BTW, Recipe Book,Craftable Spawners,MobPort, Air Ships125,Armor stand, Shelf. Mine Colony RC19,Modloader, More Stackables 1.2.5

Without these Mods Installed a player simply would not see the objects/items.

The only Known Issue I have is Kibble - I can't seem to make it, Don't know if it came with my release ( I can't remember how long I had this version but I know I have to use no higher than 2012 recipes. )
So I just use Rotten Flesh / beef for the wolves.

New Kiln :
Stew Pot & Crucible side-by-side :
Mob Spawning Room ( has to be 26 blocks up - same Fatal distance for Players )
The Water in the Mob Spawn room will push any that fall into it to a hole that they fall into my livingroom ;

I have a bunker that I modified several times at my main house, the current one now has Zombie MobSpawner (x2) and wolves that will usually produce Dung from the Rotten Flesh. Kind of a Lazy Dung Farm.

My Minecraft World is on my Google Drive - You guys are all welcome to play ( promise you won't get lost in my house, I have signs almost everywhere - I swear that guy that tried my world could get lost in a basket - so installed signs :)

This should be the link to my World save on Google Drive : Currently 20 MBs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K9rSiK ... share_link

Edit : I remembered I forgot to zip the Mod folder :) It will also be on my Google Drive. :
( replaced the folder/zip because I forgot to include the minecolony - very useful for helping me build and test stuff.)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-GomHs ... share_link

Any Issues with a link , you can Tweet / DM me @ShaneJFilomena. ( fastest, I check it for news. email is not news :) )
Last edited by Shane J. Filomena on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shane J. Filomena

Now, You would think that after all these years I would be done with my Main House / Fortress and be satisfied with it ...

Not the case :)

I started out with digging a hole into a mountain ..eventually I took over the mountain and then the one next to it.
Long before BTW , MineColony or other Mods I had claimed the area that became my base with a good deal of learning and dying.
I keep multiple copies of saves so if I wreck something I want later or it does not come out as planned I can restore the save and do it again ( or not do what was obviously a bad idea )

The current saves I have are edited to delete unused chunks, I have been slowly working on "opening up" my Fortress for light and more space..it's not really a Mine anymore so I want to get those rooms and such opened up and maybe the movers can get me a nice couch in there :)

I actually placed chests and tried to get my storage organized,
I have recipe signs to help me instead of chasing down a crafting recipe on the internet if I can avoid it.
And today - I defeated my Snow Golems - Whom are always escaping the house and I often find them at the edge of the water Thinking about Forever ..
The issue was pressure plates, I like to use them, but since I rarely see the Golems, I forget they like pressure plates too :)

Opening up areas has allowed my Iron Golems to be more active, I like seeing them patrolling the house.
I have a few Iron Golems in the house and a few out on the grounds - but the Snow Golem was the first guard my Minecraft Home and grounds .. then I learned how to make the Iron Golems ( which, today I could not tell you , I would have to look it up because I made them so long ago ).

I did some remodeling on stairs and my Mushroom growing is going along - except I haven't used Mushroom soup in years.
But it's still nice to grow them.

I do have a Mossy Stone structure out near the greenhouses and bunker for spawning mobs with a spawner - such as if I get low on string I start farming spiders. I shut down the Dung Farm because I think I have plenty for the moment - but if you take the Save, you'll find Wolf Eggs for spawning and I THINK I have a Zombie Mob Spawner or two laying around ( I did not think to look before I zipped the save.)

Anyway, Hope you enjoy my Tiny World and with the Mods Folder I hope that can get you the 1.2.5 mods I used so You can enjoy the treats the Air Ships over walking around ( like my Sky Bridge the Air Ships cut alot of time off travel, I spent a week building that bridge )
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I felt like I was reading some player's feedback on the old minecraft forum BTW page reading your posts, which filled me with some sweet nostalgia, so thank you for sharing :)
Shane J. Filomena

Battosay ... The original inspiration for my getting involved with BTW was the battosay Wolf Lab videos and a there were a few creative videos that featured the indoor Hemp Farms ( which I immediately set out to re-create ) .
While I have downloaded the Battosay worlds featured in the videos, I felt so lost in them ... I could not believe the amount of work that went into each construction and the testing of it ....I could never imagine myself with such patience ! :)

I did try to recreate the breeding pens, but on my first effort the baby pushed the mother into the hole .. I did not think that could happen - but after chasing cows that escaped because I placed them and did not secure the pen quickly enough, then the mother falling into the hole ... nothing like the clean and polished work in the videos .. I gave up and just used craftable Mob Spawners to get a pen of creatures to throw wheat at :).

In my current saves I have a Mob spawning room added ( using spawners ) and I still have the Mob Trap / spawning room with water in it towering over my Fortress for the random mob to drop to it's death and leave me gifts.
I use My People ( Clone Tech ) as Guards that kill Mobs for me, leaving me to concentrate on trying to learn and explore.

Recently I decided to stop re-using the turn table I have controlling the Bellows for the Kiln for Pottery and simply made a new table to make the Pottery.
The entire issue I have is space..and of course - It has to look good enough to tolerate because I am the one that has to look at it everytime I play.
In the Image I have the new Kiln, gear boxes with swithes to reduce power drains, the new turn table..
down from that level are the Crucible and Stew Pot with Bellows.
Today I have been working on Soul Urns and Steel Armor.