Modded Entity Java Exporter (Blockbench Plugin) [v1.1]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Sockthing

Modded Entity Java Exporter (Blockbench Plugin) [v1.1]

Post by Sockthing »

Hello everyone!
To make my life easier adding new models of entities (Animals, Mobs, any Entity that uses ModelBase) to my Add-Ons I've made this Blockbench Plugin that will export your model as Java code.
All you need to do is to then copy the exported java file into your project!

Download: Github

How to use this Plugin? Have a look at the guide below!

Hope this will have some use for you too!
- Sock
Guide
Show
1) Create a new "Modded Entity" File
Show
2) Go to File > Plugins...
Show
3a) Either install from file (if you have downloaded the Plugin already)
Show
3b) Or install from URL
Show
And use the URL pointing to the latest release file.
Example:

Code: Select all

https://github.com/BTW-Community/BlockBench-1.5.2-Plugin/releases/download/1.1/modded_entity_1_5_2.js
Show
4) Select "OK" (If you are not sure if you can trust me, check out the Source Code)
Show
5) The Plugin should now be installed
Show
6) Go to File > Project... and set the File Name and the Model Identifier
Make sure to choose Minecraft 1.5.2 (MCP) as the Export Version!!!
Show
7) Now create your model!
Toggle More Options to make sure everything you want to be in your export is enabled (the camera symbol).
Show
8) Now generate the texture
Show
9) Choose your options
If you have manually moved the UV's around disable "Rearrage UV", else the basic settings should be fine.
Show
10) Time to paint!
Make sure you delete objects that you don't want in your texture. Delete the cubes and redo from step 8.
You can now either switch to the Paint tab to create your texture, or save the texture (save icon) and edit it with an external program. Blockbench will auto update the texture if there has been a change to the file.
Show
11) Once you are done with the texture go to File > Export > Export Java Entity and choose your save location. And you are done!
Just copy the code or the file into your project and call the render() method in your Model Renderer class.
Show
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread