Problems with installation

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
JSP

Problems with installation

Post by JSP »

Has new version of the mod changed way of installation?
I have strange problem, because installing versions like B0000003 works as always, but when I am trying to install new versions like from CE1.3.8-client file, then it doesn't work.
I ve tried to use BTW installer from github, MCpatcher and doing it manually - It still doesn't work.
dawnraider

Re: Problems with installation

Post by dawnraider »

Moving this over to tech support.

The main differences between CE and FC's versions are the inclusion of MCPatcher in CE, and being packaged slightly differently.

The easiest way to install BTW is through MultiMC. However, you can still use the vanilla instructions posted by FC, with the ordinary difference being that you do not need to grab the client files from the zip as the client files are separate in their own archive. If you want to use MCPatcher to install, make sure you disable the MCPatcher features in the installer as CE already includes them.

That's about as much help as i can give without more explanation of "doesn't work".
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!