Show us your builds! ~Technical edition~

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Hiracho

Show us your builds! ~Technical edition~

Post by Hiracho »

I have wanted a place to show all the contraptions and the way they work. But it feels weird to mix all those beautiful base pictures with technical things. This place is for sharing contraptions and other solutions you made that could serve as inspiration or example for others. Or you know, if you'd like to show off your brilliance :P
Hiracho

Re: Show us your builds! ~Technical edition~

Post by Hiracho »

I've posted so much things on discord that I'd like to share here. I'll keep it really short for now though.

here's my Design for a super compact auto tube kiln :
Spoiler
Show
All kiln spots have 9 hibachi's except the last one(for drop chute) which also means that all items will float to the end before the final one breaks dropping them all. that single drop of stack gets noticed by the downwards Detector Block. sends a signal to a 7 pulse Block dispenser(6 items and a dust to stop triggering the buddy) the two repeaters are a safety mechanism in case the last kiln random drop-aim makes it fall slightly before the other stack.

~EDIT~ Here's some extra pictures for clarity
Added creative blueprint picture, water comes in at the 3 wide gap. The top redstone line powers the piston slightly after the dispenser places the pottery, quick enough to not be sucked back in again.
note that the hopper needs to have all sides enclosed or it'll light on fire :)
Spoiler
Show
Inside view
Spoiler
Show
And here's my "quantum turd machine" Mk2:

Piston item elevator based on a turntable.
Spoiler
Show
water flow with a hopper to reset the item decay timer. also allows for an input of automated kibble.
Spoiler
Show
wolves are able to reach the water stream one block up and eat the kibble. the slab above them and to the sides makes wolves in gloom and the gap is big enough to keep pushing more wolves in depending on how quick you produce kibble!
Spoiler
Show
Dung gets separated because they poo below the slabs. a different waters stream collects the dung!
Spoiler
Show
This allows you to produce turds at massive rates!
Last edited by Hiracho on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Oh wow, did FC ever see that wolf machine in discord? I'm trying to imagine what his reaction would have been. On one hand, quantum animals have got to go. On the other, wolf torture does need to be encouraged...
Hiracho

Post by Hiracho »

Sadly no :P And yeah quantum wolves might be an exception! they still starve if your kibble production isn't up for the task. imagine replacing the kibble for rotten flesh :)
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Or an accidental line contamination :O

Make sure to double check your health and safety folks!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I'm conflicted too, because while I love the idea of cramming an infinite amount of wolves into a tight dark place covered in their own poop, I do feel like it gets too easy if you can just infinitely expand your poop machine without increasing its size.

I'd love some more pics of your compact kiln btw, it's always a little hard to figure out what's going on in a single pic ^^
Hiracho

Post by Hiracho »

Put in some extra pics in the post with the kiln!

Mk1 of the turd machine used a waterfall and a tower of wolves :) that was before i realised that they had a quantum state: could expand this tower indefinitely 8 wolves at a time, only limited by item elevator's thing where items despawn randomly quickly. Also needs a hopper between each spider web or items will fall too long and despawn just as well.
Spoiler
Show
This version had their food mixed with their excrements :P which i liked.. A dung waterfall. Was building a kibble seperator using a variation of our newly found packer sorter; Which sorts piston-packable stuff from non packable stuff. As far as I could find, the only discernable difference in kibble and dung.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Digging this up from the grave to share a working ghast farm. Note I am using CE edition with BTA and Deco addons but this is achievable without those.
Spoiler
Show
Overview, the spawn tank under the portal is ~18x18x6 in size, and completely dark. The surrounding water was filled in by hand with a mix of gravel and concrete to ensure I had no escapees, and to bump up the spawn chances inside the tank.

Spoiler
Show
Spawn has an 'outlet' at the top where the source blocks on one edge flow into the ghast spawn area. Squid do occasionally get stuck in the corners but they work it out eventually. After a bunch of troubleshooting I ended up with this glass cage massively oversized because smaller sizes tended for the ghasts to not move much and they wouldn't drift into a saw very often. Anyway, squids swim up to the top of the tank and eventually work out to the outlet flow and the source blocks on the sides all ensure the squids are biased towards being in the center which gives them space to jump and evolve. Water flow also ensures that the drops are collected. Right now my drop collection is just a grid of hoppers, accessed manually from the bottom. Room for improvement on that front. Anyway this is at spawn and more than keeps up with the librarians demands.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Cool :D

tbh, I'm even more impressed by how pretty your Nether-Portal is designed. That one looks awesome.
I've for some time envisioned a system that would "force" players to build such nice surroundings to their portals... somewhat similar to how the infernal-enchanter works. But elaborating on that does not belong here ;)

Also, kudos for filling up that ocean by hand ;) must have been quite some work. Ah, the things we do to satisfy those dark yet innocent souls inside those villager vessels ...
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah I absolutely love the look of the portal :)

I'm definitely interested by the idea of having the squids spawn below the conversion chamber. I've always had the spawn chamber above and to the side of the conversion chamber but your design seems a lot more convenient to make.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

dawnraider wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:54 pm I'm definitely interested by the idea of having the squids spawn below the conversion chamber. I've always had the spawn chamber above and to the side of the conversion chamber but your design seems a lot more convenient to make.
I did that on a previous world too, I had my conversion box right above the spawn area and I couldn't get the ghasts to move somewhere else where I could collect the drops. So I came up with this and for some reason it never occurred to me to put the portal under everything.

And yes thanks for all the shiny blocks in deco! And for magma to be placeable in the overworld, it's one of my favorite blocks to accent terrain with.