Deco Addon v4.1.2 (BTW CE 2.1.0+)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v2.14.1

Post by dawnraider »

Version 2.14.1 has been released!
Download here

Version 2.14.1 changes:
Spoiler
Show
  • Fixed an issue where hardcore bouncing was still in effect.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v2.15.0

Post by dawnraider »

Version 2.15.0 has been released!
Download here
This version requires API v1.1.3 or higher

Several textures have been used or modified from Quark in this version. Quark is provided under the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license which is compatible with the license Deco uses, which allows me to use textures from there.
- Quark: https://quark.vazkii.net/

Version 2.15.0 changes
  • Added shingles and colored shingles, along with a full set of subblocks. Shingles can be crafted by chiseling terracotta in a crafting grid, and colored shingles can be crafted either by dyeing shingles in a cauldron or by chiseling stained terracotta.
  • Added bottle racks of each wood type, crafted with an X of planks or moulding. Empty bottle racks can be crafted with 5 glass bottles shapelessly to make a filled bottle rack. They may be decrafted to retrieve the bottles and the empty rack.
  • Added a high efficiency recipe for ladders using moulding instead of sticks, producing 3.
  • Added ladders for each wood type, made using moulding of the respective wood type. The normal stick recipe produces oak ladders still.
  • Added iron ladders, crafted with 7 ingots in an H, producing 7. These function exactly like normal ladders but are not flammible.
  • Added bookshleves of each wood type.
  • Added decorative, non-functional bookshelves, and changed vanilla bookshelves to enchanted bookshelves.
  • Added non-functional books, crafted with 3 paper shapelessly, and changed vanilla books to enchanted books.
  • Added empty bookshelves made with 6 siding on top and bottom and 2 moulding on the sides, or with 8 planks in a circle.
  • Changed the recipe for bookshelves to be a shapeless recipe with an empty bookshelf and 3 books (or enchanted books for enchanted bookshelves).
  • Changed decrafting bookshelves into books so that it ejects an empty bookshelf similar to decrafting barrels.
  • Changed the recipe for the note block back to its old recipe of using redstone instead of a latch. While the gold made thematic sense, it made it difficult to justify using note blocks decoratively.
  • Changed the textures for painted planks to use a different color pallete and to be less harsh.
  • Changed the glass recipe to be 16 sand and 1 nether quartz for 16 glass.
  • Changed the recipe for glass bottles to output 6 instead of 3.
  • Fixed an issue where trapdoors would always display as oak when used as a hopper filter.
  • Fixed an issue where only black stained terracotta showed up in the creative menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when trying to interact with villagers with an empty hand.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.0

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.0 has been released!
Download here

Version 3.0.0 changes:
  • Updated to BTW CE 1.1.X, and removed several base class modifications.
  • Added a config option to re-enable HC bouncing.
  • Added framed glass for each wood type, crafted with 5 moulding of the particular wood type in an X, with 4 glass shards in the remaining slots.
  • Added iron framed glass, produced the same as above but with iron nuggets instead of moulding.
  • Added ash blocks, which can be crafted by packing 8 potash together.
  • Added pumice, which can be crafted by packing 2 ash blocks together.
  • Added amethyst, which can be crafted with 4 nether quartz in a plus with purple dye in the middle.
  • Added amethyst shards, which drop from amethyst when mined in a similar manner to glowstone. 4 shards can be crafted into an amethyst block, and an amethyst block can be crafted back into 4 shards. Additionally, amethyst shards can be crafted with 1 quartz and 1 purple dye. Amethyst shards may also be placed in the world, though they must be attached to a block to do so.
  • Changed acacia to have the same burn time as birch (10 items), and cherry to have the same burn time as spruce (6 items).
  • Fixed an issue where empty bookshelves were able to be decrafted into books rather than full ones.
  • Fixed an issue where several green stairs had incorrect names.
  • Fixed an issue where enchanted books were missing their name.
  • Fixed an issue where cherry and acacia logs were not able to be used in ovens.
  • Fixed an issue where grass could still not grow without sunlight.
  • Fixed an issue where addon saplings would delete themselves when trying to grow without space.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.1

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.1 has been released!
Download here

Version 3.0.1 changes:
  • Fixed an issue where grass died in darkness, even though it was correctly living under only torch light.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.2

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.2 has been released!
Download here

Version 3.0.2 changes:
  • Fixed an issue where the saw bug recently fixed in CE was persisting when deco was installed.
  • Fixed an issue where cherry and acacia logs were missing names.
Get the Deco Addon here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Getting a crash every time I try to run the game with deco. works fine otherwise. something about the Potato class. I posted the log on github issue tracker.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Oh yeah, to fix that delete apa.class from the deco files. That class was mistakenly packaged anyways so will have no impact on the functionality of the addon itself. It was overwriting some of the CE 1.2 changes.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.3

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.3 has been released!
Download here

Note that this version removed several base class edits and as such requires a clean install.

Version 3.0.3 changes:
  • Updated to BTW CE 1.2.X.
  • Fixed an issue where squids dropped prismarine blocks instead of shards.
  • Fixed an issue where several piston packing recipes were not functioning.
  • Fixed an issue where the recipe for spider eye slabs only produced 1 slab.
  • Fixed an issue where better grass did not work with deco installed.
  • Fixed an issue where animals were still able to eat grass slabs without sunlight.
  • Fixed an issue where grass slabs did not change their texture to reflect the current natural light level.
  • Fixed an issue where the HC bouncing config option was not being loaded properly.
  • Fixed an issue where acacia tables would not connect to acacia fences.
  • Fixed an issue where cherry moulding used the acacia texture in inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where coal could not be used in ovens.
  • Fixed an issue where player skins were not loading properly.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.4

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.4 has been released!
Download here

Version 3.0.4 changes:
  • Updated to BTW CE 1.2.3.
  • Fixed an issue where the recipe for shingles slabs only produced 1 slab.
  • Fixed an issue where chiseled white stone bricks could not be crafted.
  • Fixed an issue where item frames, paintings, and canvases were not using the updated item replacement hooks.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.5

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.5 has been released!
Download here

Version 3.0.5 changes:
  • Updated to BTW CE 1.3.0.
  • Changed the vanilla enchantment table to be able to detect bookshelves up to 1 block below and 2 blocks above the enchanting table. Note that 30 bookshelves is still the highest number of shelves which the table will count.
  • Fixed an issue where all addon logs sawed into a single plank instead of 4.
  • Fixed an issue where cherry and acacia slabs could not be sawed into moulding.
  • Fixed an issue where shears were not efficient against acacia or autumn leaves.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.6

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.6 has been released!
Download here

Version 3.0.6 changes:
  • Updated to BTW CE 1.3.4.
  • Added the ability for silverfish to infest granite, andesite, diorite, and slate.
  • Changed addon saplings to conform to the sapling changes made in BTW.
  • Changed flower pots to no longer force saplings to display at maximum growth given that mature saplings are now obtainable.
  • Fixed an issue where addon saplings would not grow into trees.
  • Fixed an issue where stone stairs and infested stone were missing textures.
  • Fixed an issue where the sprint button was not working.
  • Fixed an issue where CTM did not work on panes.
  • Fixed an issue where plants did not display metadata properly in flower pots.
  • Fixed an issue where enchanting table particles did not take the extended bookshelf range into account and would only spawn within the vanilla range.
Get the Deco Addon here!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Did fertilizer get removed? I can't seem to craft it.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

According to the 2.13 changelog, it's been changed :)
Changed the fertilizer recipe to be made in a cauldron, and to use potash instead of dung. This, combined with the the block dispenser change above, allows for automation of flowers.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Umekobucha

Post by Umekobucha »

Hello author.
It seems that there are a few items whose names are not displayed.

Stained Terracotta Slab
Gray / Pink / Lime / Yellow / Light Blue / Magenta / Orange / White

Stairs
Polished Sandstone / Sandstone / Red Sandstone / Cut Sandstone / Cut Red Sandstone / Mossy Sandstone / Large Sandstone Brick / Large Mossy Sandstone Brick / Cracked Sandstone / Large Cracked Sandstone Brick

All colored Shingles
Siding / Corner / Bench / Wall / Slab

Other
All decoDyes / Chandelier / Chain / Podzol / Coarse dirt slab

Maybe that's all.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah known issue. Should already be fixed for next release but I'll double check :)
Get the Deco Addon here!
Umekobucha

Post by Umekobucha »

Thank you for your response.
By the way, this is a minor thing, but after installing DecoAddon, the name of "Log Spike" in the BTWs item is hidden.
(The block that is created when you cut the log with your hand or stone)
However, this block is only available in creative mode and does not affect gameplay at all.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Will take a look at that one too. Thanks :)
Get the Deco Addon here!
Fereval

Post by Fereval »

Hello !

I just updated to the lastest Community Edition that added bedrolls, and it seems that when Deco Addon is active in my loading order, they no longer function :

Right clicking them doesn't make you sleep at night, and doesn't trigger any message at day.

Here's the loading order from my MultiMC instance maybe you can spot I'm doing something wrong there ?
Loading CE and just Better Terrain works fine.

EDIT : Dawnraider kindly answered on Discord : currently Deco isnt updated to work with latest CE.
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v3.0.7 (BTW CE 1.4.X)

Post by dawnraider »

Version 3.0.7 has been released!
Download here
  • Updated to BTW CE 1.4.1.
  • Fixed an issue where stone was dropping twice as many stone and gravel pile items.
  • Fixed an issue where wood subblocks still had their pick block functionality broken due to overrides which did not carry over the CE functionality.
  • Fixed an issue where cherry and acacia slabs in the upper half of the block would not saw into mouldings properly.
  • Removed base class edits to EntityPlayer.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Umekobucha

Post by Umekobucha »

Hello.
The transparency of the stained glass seems a little strange. The water on the other side appears to be disappearing.
Spoiler
Show

Reference, 32x32Faithful pack
Umekobucha

Post by Umekobucha »

And one more thing by the way.
The NameTag image cannot be changed by the texture pack.
The file names match exactly.(decoItemNameTag.png)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Umekobucha wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:08 pm Hello.
The transparency of the stained glass seems a little strange. The water on the other side appears to be disappearing.
Spoiler
Show

Reference, 32x32Faithful pack
Engine limitation, nothing i can do about that without significant render pipeline changes. It's something on the list for CE, but is a low priority due to the complexity.

As for the nametag, the nametag is actually an item in BTW CE, deco just enables its use (i want to polish a few things before enabling it in mainline BTW). This means you need to override the texture from BTW. If there is still a nametag icon present in deco then that is a mistake as it no longer serves any purpose.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Umekobucha

Post by Umekobucha »

dawnraider wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:40 pm Engine limitation, nothing i can do about that without significant render pipeline changes. It's something on the list for CE, but is a low priority due to the complexity.

As for the nametag, the nametag is actually an item in BTW CE, deco just enables its use (i want to polish a few things before enabling it in mainline BTW). This means you need to override the texture from BTW. If there is still a nametag icon present in deco then that is a mistake as it no longer serves any purpose.
Oops, sorry, I just took a closer look at the BBB items folder and there it is!
I understand about the glass transparency.
Thank you very much for your response.
Division595

Post by Division595 »

I've got a crash-on-startup issue here, I think it's caused by a block from Deco.

Was testing a texturepack change, so I went into creative and placed a few blocks, one of which was just called Slate. I removed it from my hotbar and did other things, then realised that the Slate block could be placed in multiple directions, so I used middle-mouse pick-block to duplicate my already placed block, and the world froze and crashed. Attempting to load the world now crashes during the load screen.

I can dump a modlist and the error report if you need it; just give me a shout.

I should say that this is the first bug I've ever encountered with Deco, and I basically stop playing BTW with every new release until the accompanying Deco comes out, it's practically become a part of the main mod for me. Thanks for all your hard work.
dawnraider

Re: Deco Addon v4.0.0 (BTW CE 2.0)

Post by dawnraider »

Version 4.0.0 has been released!
Download here

Deco as of 4.0.0 is now a fabric mod, without any base class edits, and as such can simply be placed in the mods folder to install.

Some textures in this release have been used or modified from the following sources according to their license:
- Blockus
- Terra Incognita
- Quark
- Wild Nature
- Biome Makeover
- Compat Makeover

- Rewrote the addon from scratch as a fabric mod. Note that data is stored in the same way, and thus it is save-compatible (it is still a good idea to back up your worlds before updating).
- Added a config option, disabled by default, to allow diamond pickaxes to always pick up stone intact instead of requiring isolation.
- Added glazed terracotta pillars, crafted with two glazed terracotta in a vertical line.
- Changed unfired terracotta to be crafted with full blocks instead of 8 piles for convenience.
- Added tall grass and large ferns, which can be spawned from using fertilizer on grass blocks, or by using it on ferns and grass to grow them.
- Sock's Crops has been accounted for when adding these - it uses the same id and will not be added by deco if SC is present.
- Added tall flowers, which can also be obtained through using fertilizer.
- Changed peonies, lilacs, and rose bushes to be tall flowers. Old versions may be converted into the new tall versions in a crafting grid.
- Changed the textures and names of some flowers.
- Added mud, created by leaving loose dirt underwater.
- Added packed mud, created by piston packing two mud blocks.
- Added mud brick, created with 4 packed mud in a crafting grid, along with associated sub blocks.
- Added new wood types: mahogany, mangrove, hazel, fir
- For the purposes of smelting and tanning:
- Mahogany and mangrove are equivalent to jungle
- Hazel is equivalent to oak
- Fir is equivalent to birch
- Jungle spiders can spawn on mangrove and mahogany leaves
- Changed autumn saplings to produce different wood types depending on color.
- Changed sapling recipes:
- All sapling recipes can use either dung or fertilizer, and are performed in a cauldron.
- Cherry saplings require an oak sapling, pink dye, and a fertilizer.
- Acacia saplings require a birch sapling, orange dye, and a fertilizer.
- Mahogany saplings require a jungle sapling, red dye, and a fertilizer.
- Mangrove saplings require a jungle sapling, orange dye, and a fertilizer.
- Hazel saplings require an oak sapling, brown dye, and a fertilizer.
- Fir saplings require a spruce sapling, white dye (or bonemeal), and a fertilizer.
- Red autumn saplings require a cherry sapling, red dye, and a fertilizer.
- Orange autumn saplings require an oak sapling, orange dye, and a fertilizer.
- Yellow autumn saplings require a birch sapling, yellow dye, and a fertilizer.
- Added the ability for cocoa beans to grow on mangrove and mahogany logs.
- Added calcite - loose calcite cobblestone can be crated by combining loose diorite cobblestone with bonemeal in a crucible
- Added tuff - loose tuff cobblestone can be crated by combining loose cobblestone with pumice in a crucible
- Changed deco stone variants to behave consistently with BTW stone.
- Granite, andesite, diorite, and calcite are all considered first strata.
- Tuff is considered second strata.
- Slate is considered third strata.
- Changed how lanterns render, and added item equivalents. The old blocks may be converted into items in a crafting grid.
- Changed lanterns to break when underwater.
- Changed wrought iron bars and paper walls to output more when crafting.
- Changed red sand (blocks and piles) to be a subtype of regular sand. Old red sand may be converted into new red sand in a crafting grid.
- Changed red sand to be crafted with 8 sand and 1 red dye to make 8.
- Changed the recipe for coarse dirt to produce 2.
- Added the ability to filter coarse dirt through a wicker filter in a hopper to separate it into dirt and gravel.
- Changed the recipe for podzol to be 8 coarse dirt and a spruce or fir leaf block to make 8.
- Changed the recipe for empty bottle racks to use an 'I' shape instead of an 'X' (high efficiency recipe uses siding on top and bottom and moulding everywhere else).
- Changed the names of flower textures to be more descriptive.
- Changed magma to be made by heating netherrack in a kiln, and removed superheated netherrack.
- Changed nether brick to turn into brick in a kiln, and removed superheated nether brick.
- Changed hay bales and thatch to be made of 8 items instead of 9, and added the ability to decraft stairs into items.
- Removed the ability to rename items using the workbench. This functionality will be restored in a future release.
- Removed the ability to play custom sounds. This will return once BTW updates to 1.6 (with its new resource system), but for now the code was too messy to carry over through the rewrite.
- Removed wood bleach and wood stain.
- Fixed an issue where addon leaves would not properly decay until updated.
- Fixed an issue where addon trees would generate two stumps when smashing a fertilized planter.
- Fixed an issue where the top and bottom textures of pergolas would not properly rotate with the model.
- Fixed an issue where saplings could not grow on coarse dirt or podzol.
- Fixed an issue where climbing a ladder by holding space would climb too fast.
Get the Deco Addon here!