Share your memorable deaths?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Egger3rd

Re: Share your memorable deaths?

Post by Egger3rd »

Burying myself alive with a wolf. The first time was an accident. All the other times...
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

I don't die very often anymore, but I did tonight and it was excellent. I had gotten pretty far on my most recent life, all the way to a full set of metal tools and a nice hemp farm growing, my fires hadn't died since night one, and my chickens were just fed. With enough hemp to start grinding for a windmill and running low on food I decide to go hunting for the day, cook them this evening and grind during the night time; in my excitement and haste I didn't feed my fires and I didn't bother to check my lunar cycle wall in the side of my cave. I /almost/ return home before a new moon rises and /almost/ get my fires fed. The fires die as I click to feed them, gloom sets around me and quickly the darkness consumes me.

I am really enjoying the updates and am looking forward to finding my home to make a windmill, but for now a cold one and a nights sleep is in order.
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Lord Touch Me

Post by Lord Touch Me »

A creeper blowing up my overflowing cow pen, with me in the center of their rampage. pig turned pigman punched me too hard that I flew to my death. Forgot to light 2 zombie spawners and they TWD-style swarmed me in a corner. I wonder if there's a science behind mob spawning. Its either I go caving with no mobs or I go caving with excessive mob spawning rate that makes me waste my time and resources. Getting combo'ed by a skeleton, spider and a creeper. Spider threw a web on the ledge where I was standing and a skeleton shot me into it, creeper was close enough to go kaboom on me.
petarts

Post by petarts »

For me my current most memorable death is just... going afk for a bit- while eating dinner so that my mob spawner continues to collect items but instead getting blown up by a creeper and losing my diamond pick due to forgetting to go in my safe hidey hole. Apparently my base is still not safe enough to just go afk outside. Luckily i had diamond armor in a chest so i could melt it to get a new pick and continue without losing much progress. (Of course that is after trying to survive/find my base for a few hours. Well. I died a few more times. But finally i respawned in my castle)
AllenWL

Post by AllenWL »

In my most recent game, everything was going fine except I was running really really low on string.
I hadn't seen any cobwebs for ages, and I was on my last axe.
So when I heard a spider crawling around on top my little cave, I got really really tempted. After checking around outside, I carefully removed the piece of dirt blocking the entrance, lured the spider down, then killed it. And I thought to myself, "Hey, this isn't so bad. In fact, I could probably get a lot of string this way."

So the next time I heard a spider, I carefully checked outside, then opened up the entrance again to go kill the spider. After all I was still running low on string.
And then a creeper jumped down and brought down the entire hillside on top of my head.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Almost Dead: A Series of Unfortunate Events:

Prelude: I have mechanical power, and access to the nether. My next goals are a saw, and a cauldron. I grabbed my supplies and set out on mining trip to acquire the needed iron.

1. I return successfully as its getting dark. After some much needed house keeping and hamper rearrangement to store my spoils, I realize my hunger is about half. I check my food hamper and find it empty! Unfortunately...I forgot I took all my food with me mining and ate it all. No problem, I have chickens!

2. I have no seeds so in the dark I walk over to my farm to harvest some hemp. Unfortunately, I find my hemp fields have been trampled! Fortunately, I have enough left to harvest 7 seeds. Unfortunately, since I need to feed the seeds to my chickens, it's going to be slow going restarting the hemp field.

3. I feed my chickens realizing it'll be two nights and a day before I get eggs since it's already night. By then, it'll be too late. I have some wheat I stole from some dungeons I could grind up to make some bread. Unfortunately it begins to rain. Do I risk breaking my gearbox? I decide not and conclude fishing is a better bet once morning comes.

4. Morning comes, I go fishing and have terrible luck only getting 2 fish and have only 3 food shanks left and have wasted half the day. I go to cook the fish, and realize I'm out of wood. I head out to chop a couple of trees and it begins to storm!

5. I rush back in with some logs and cook up the fish. While I'm waiting, I decide to get ready to grind up the wheat to make some bread when the storm ends. I light a torch to head into the back room where my millstone is. As I head into my mill area, I am met face to face with a creeper. BOOM!

6. I have no idea how I survived, but with 2 hearts left I struggle around in the gloom and get the area relit to survey the damage. Unfortunately, the creeper took out the lever turning my gearbox off and I helplessly cry as I hear the box shatter from the storm.

7. I eat my two fish bringing me above peckish finally. It's a gloom night now so heading back out for fishing isn't an option, but fortunately the rain stopped. I decide to rebuild my gearbox and make some bread. Bread accomplished! I'm now full, and my health is climbing back up. I wait for my chickens to lay eggs as I reflect on how bad that almost was.

8. Will I have enough food to go hunting to restock and restart my hemp farm? I do not know.

tl;dr version:
1. Derp, no food.
2. Destroyed hemp field, sacrifice rest to feed chickens no longer have renewable food.
3. Rain.
4. 2 Fish.
5. Creeper!
6. Gloom, storm, broken gearbox.
7. Fish, bread, eggs.
8. I still might starve.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Warning spoiler !
I try the last version ! Around 10 houres playing still without iron pick .... But near ! :)

It was absoluty awesome !

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ko_teknik wrote:Warning spoiler !
I try the last version ! Around 10 houres playing still without iron pick .... But near ! :)
That's awesome man! Glad you're enjoying it so much :)
-J-

Post by -J- »

We had a funny little incident when playing with a couple of friends. One of my friends decided to throw a snowball at me. It would've been fine if it weren't for the three wolves I had just tamed. We all knew it was a lost cause and just opted to watching.

On a semi-related note: is it possible to die via walk-in kiln? As in getting baked to death?
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I was caving a bit aggressively. Really laying down the torches, ignoring alternate paths, the whole deal.

A creeper decides to sneak up behind me. No problem: I flip around, distance myself, and block. What I did not realize was the fact that a metric death-ton of gravel was hidden above the ceiling. The creeper exploded, the gravel fell upon me, and I promptly suffocated after scrambling around my inventory for a shovel that didn't exist. Lost a diamond pickaxe, a set of leather armor, shears, 20+ iron ore, some gold ore, and my will to live upon this earth.

Moral: keep a fucking shovel on you and never go caving EVER
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
LannyRipple

Post by LannyRipple »

My most memorable death? Oct 31, 2014.

Patched the server all unsuspecting (even having read the changelog) and ran quite far out from base to gather resources. I knew there was a nearby swamp and the vines make it easy to scale the trees so no concern for spending the night outside. Out I go. Gathered my resources. Get up into a tree all cozy. That's odd... why is it getting so dark? I mean it's like just solid black. <Cranks brightness option. A bug?> <Looks over shoulder at wife's computer. "Is it really dark back at base?">

I'm sure you've all experienced the rest.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Not me, and not even a death, but totally in keeping with the spirit of this thread is this video from Vioki:
Spoiler
Show
Had me in hysterics :)
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

I walked through a nether portal directly into a cave spider spawner, successfully secured it by burning everything inside, and escaped back into the nether in one piece.

There's just... one little detail I forgot about.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/389408876
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Man that's some hilariously bad luck. Pretty smart way to burn down the spawner but damn that's unfortunate.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

Got a shareable death... But not mine.

My home is on the line of a desert/snowy forest/grassland. While "recruiting" portable dung factories, I heard the unmistakable snarl of the beast.

I ran like the wind, my new companions in tow. Never saw my stalker.

Once home, after de weeding the pumpkin patch, I took a page out of "the grey" and went to hunt the hunted.

Attacked from behind! Fell off cliff! Pounced from above!
One perfect swipe with knock back... INTO A SINKHOLE!!! My adversary fell and took damage! I watched it slowly climb back to me and slayed the bleeding beast with a well timed swing.

And then all was quiet. Safety returned. For now. Liver for dinner 2nite.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

This one seriously took me by surprise:

I have a level 1 steel beacon set up at the site of my fortress farm. When I get hungry, I just toss myself down a pit and regenerate no problem. Except, now I'm thousands of blocks away from spawn. This is because a nearby bloodwood tree got all burnt up somehow. I don't know if it dropped a sapling that sprung up into a fresh tree or if burnt limbs can regenerate, but somehow fresh limbs grew into the chamber I was working in and actually blocked my beacon's line of sight with the bedrock above. Needless to say, the beacon stopped working...

I needed a break anyway, all that digging starts to make you crazy!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show