[CommunityPatch] List of current unsolved bugs and unintended issues that should be addressed in a community patch

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
dawnraider

Re: [CommunityPatch] List of current unsolved bugs and unintended issues that should be addressed in a community patch

Post by dawnraider »

So basically to summarize the conversation on discord we had about this:
  • Everything that is actually confirmed in the community edition right now has already been discussed on the forums. Most of it on this thread, some in other threads in the feedback forum or BTW discussion.
  • Discord is much better for throwing shit against the wall, while the forums are better for long form thoughtful discussion. Most of the early stages of what's been happening have been of the throwing shit at the wall variety.
  • Any features open for feedback will be discussed here as well, again because it provides a better place for thoughtful discussion (though there is no guarantee every feature WILL be open like that).
  • I do want to look at making some sort of dev blog like FC had back in the day. I always loved reading that and I think it would be valuable for kickstarting some discussion about development.
  • Active development discussion though is just better over discord since that provides live chat with people.
  • Anyone is welcome if they would like to contribute to the CE. BTW is open source now and so the CE is too, just we're still getting things settled. Just contact me or Gilberekke and we can get you set up.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
SterlingRed

Re: [CommunityPatch] List of current unsolved bugs and unintended issues that should be addressed in a community patch

Post by SterlingRed »

I lean a lot towards Hiracho's mindset of using this to fix things, and leave content editions to add ons.

I completely agree that the current tech order leaves little reason to automate after you've finally unlocked it but changing that is a massive alternation to the game, so it shouldn't be part of this.

And on diamond shears, sure that's fine. On the chisel...I'm on the fence. Decos is a bit OP as is, and I'd rather see fixed explosives become a mechanic for obtaining large quantities of stone items.