Modern BTW project: Mbtw for Minecraft 1.16

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
EradurGwath

Modern BTW project: Mbtw for Minecraft 1.16

Post by EradurGwath »

Hello! I recently got back into Better Than Wolves and just noticed the recent discussion and announcement that we are now free to redistribute (parts of) Better Than Wolves. This inspired me to attempt to port BTW to modern Minecraft, specifically 1.16 using Fabric.

I am aware this is a daunting (and probably impossible) task, but I'm willing to take it on. I'm also aware many believe that modern Minecraft is fundamentally incompatible with BTW, but I believe that by modifying it, anything is possible. Any contributors are welcome.

I have a repository made: https://github.com/eragaxshim/mbtw. So far, I have focused on stratification (which works already) and will now make a start with early ore processing. My goal is to achieve basic functionality first, with proper emulation of how BTW does things coming later. Many mechanics work mostly separate, so again, if anybody's willing to help port a mechanic, they're welcome to.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Modern BTW project: Mbtw for Minecraft 1.16

Post by Sarudak »

That sounds like a very ambitious project. I doubt you'll be able to effectively "port" BTW to modern minecraft just by moving features over. In any case the intention of this section of the forum is for released and ready to play Addons or Texture packs not in progress or aspirational ideas and not completely other mods. While we may have a place for those discussions eventually that place is not here.