Loose Cobblestone currently unpackable

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
EpicAaron

Loose Cobblestone currently unpackable

Post by EpicAaron »

The title says it all. Cobblestone can't be picked up by a piston shovel either, which is strange given that other solids like bone blocks can be. The exploity workaround for that is to use half slabs, since falling cobblestone reverts into item form when it lands on a slab.

My practical reason for posting: I wanted to make a general purpose mining packer so I wouldn't have to manually craft my accumulated loose stones into blocks. Not a huge time saver, I know, but I like the idea of throwing my mining inventory into a hopper and jumping right back to work. Such a machine could also be hooked into a storage system.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Loose Cobblestone currently unpackable

Post by FlowerChild »

Makes sense, should be a quick add.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

On the packing anyway. The shoveling I need to consider further to refresh my memory on the reasoning behind the various blocks that can and can not be shoveled. Bones can, but bricks can not for example, so it's not as simple as hard vs. soft.
Hiracho

Post by Hiracho »

Another way, one way less cool than the piston shovel, is to let cobble fall through a spider web. Gravity blocks falling through a web revert to their inventory item. It does feel more exploity but it opens up a lot of possibilities with pumpkins and melons. It would be nice if shovels could uproot those as well instead.